the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

World Markets this morning

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SoulSister
SoulSister

Number of posts : 297
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-03-13

World Markets this morning Empty
PostSubject: World Markets this morning   World Markets this morning Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 6:24 am

According to Soul Sister:

Quote :
U.S. stock futures dropped on Friday on concerns about the euro-zone debt crisis, as millions of Americans hit shopping malls across the nation to take advantage of deals offered by retailers on the traditional starting day of the holiday-shopping season.
I'm just not seeing this, what I see is this: PEPPER SPRAY IN LA

Quote :
Futures on the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 92 points to 11142 and those on the Standard & Poor's 500 stock index declined 9.10 points to 1150.80. Nasdaq 100 futures fell 17 points to 2144.

In Europe, the Italian government sold €8 billion euros (about $10.7 billion) of six-month bills, but saw the yield soar to a euro-era high. The results only served to reinforce concerns that the spread of the debt crisis may make it very difficult for Italy to meet its funding needs.

European stock markets dropped, with the Stoxx Europe 600 index down 0.7% in midmorning trading. Asian equity markets finished mostly lower, pressured by worries about Europe.

The euro dropped 0.5% against the dollar to $1.3253. The dollar index, which tracks the performance of the greenback against a basket of other major currencies, rose 0.5% to 79.494.
...so, basically it looks to ME like they are sabotaging the Euro to make the Dollar look good, oh brother.

Quote :
In the U.S., retail stocks such as Wal-Mart Stores, Macy's and J.C. Penney will be in the spotlight on so-called Black Friday, the traditional start of the holiday-shopping season.
This is rich, START of the holiday shopping season? I'm afraid it's going to be the ONLY shopping day of the season and primarily for entertainment rather than actually buying anything.

Quote :
The U.S. trading session will be shorter than usual on Friday, with trading on the New York Stock Exchange set to close at 1 p.m. EST.

"The U.S. market is technically open for half a day but trading volumes will likely remain low as the festivities continue," said Deutsche Bank analysts. "Today, Black Friday, has traditionally been an important day for U.S. retailers given it officially kicks off the holiday shopping season so expect to see more retail-related headlines today and over the weekend."
HA! they want to give people a chance to go shopping, as festivities continue?

Quote :
U.S. markets were closed on Thursday for the Thanksgiving Day holiday. The blue-chip Dow index sank nearly 240 points, or 2.1%, on Wednesday, ending lower for a third consecutive day.

No major U.S. economic data are set for release on Friday.
go back to sleep, there won't be ANY news so go back to your homes.
Quote :
On the corporate front, shares of AT&T may be active after the company said on Thursday it will book a $4 billion pretax accounting charge in the fourth quarter to cover the potential break-up fees due Deutsche Telekom if the sale of T-Mobile USA to the U.S. telecom firm doesn't receive regulatory approval.

OK, WHAT did they just slip in there at the last minute of this article? That's a pretty big "pretax accounting charge" !!! This looks to me like Billions just don't matter anymore, we're getting used to billions and trillions all without really knowing how much that is. Our conditioning

LINK TO ARTICLE IN THE WALL ST. JOURNAL

Last edited by SoulSister on Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link to article)
Back to top Go down
http://websiteartist.blogspot.com
skywatcher
skywatcher

Number of posts : 1827
Humor : yes lots
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: World Markets this morning   World Markets this morning Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 7:29 am

always a pretext to charge us all more under the guise of something else
Back to top Go down
http://chemtrailawareness.forumotion.co.uk
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: World Markets this morning   World Markets this morning Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2011 8:49 am

gosh, i miss ur economic reports, sis .... without you
to interpret for/with me, i find them dry and confusing ....
my own money thoughts are simple: do i have any in my pocket, or not?
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World Markets this morning   World Markets this morning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

World Markets this morning
Page 1 of 1