the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mars in Virgo

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Mars in Virgo Empty
PostSubject: Mars in Virgo   Mars in Virgo Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 3:41 pm

Sleep

Unknotting Mars in Virgo ~ 3 November 2011
In preparation for Mars in Virgo, I need to offer a technical note and a personal note. A handful of readers has replied that they have been receiving resends of previous posts and not current ones. I have spent a good bit of time sorting this with my e-mail campaign provider. It’s not us. For whatever reason either the ISP’s are not properly refreshing or something in a person’s computer Internet history is not performing a refresh. So, if you’ve had that problem, ensure your Internet settings affirm a refresh of sites visited and pages contacted, clear your Internet history and perhaps delete cookies (they come next time you visit a site). It’s not anything we’re doing so, I’m not able to make any corrections. Of course, each Galactic Times will be posted on my website after sending.

All that said, how about some Mars in Virgo!? Woo hoo!

In just a little more than a week Mars enters Virgo. Courtesy of his rare retrogradation, he shall plow hurried furrows in the fields of Virgo until early July. While some may not welcome this era, there are some rather important and evolving patterns to occur during this lengthy Mars passage in this often maligned sign. These include conjunctions with the “other Pluto,” Orcus, oppositions to Chiron, transits to the nodes, and the dwarf planet Makemake. Just to make it more interesting, he’ll also engage three collections of black holes while occupying Virgo.

Originally, I had decided to map out all these transits in a seven-month kluge. But the list felt too chaotic, overwhelming and it made me tired just looking at it. It seems to me that bite-sized pieces as we go might best suit the upcoming passages of Mars.

Realizing Mars will soon be in Virgo and that sign’s desire for perfectionism, when I specify the dates of actual transits, some might be inclined to write and protest my attention to detail, or lack thereof. Keep in mind, the transits and times I mention may not match up for your geographic location. But these are transits, and transits are in play for longer that the exact instant of precise alignment. Better to note the transit and figure a few days either side for influence. Given we’re dealing with Mars, it makes sense to apply a plus or minus five day range of influence. When Mars is at a station point, as it is on January 24th and April 15th, a week to ten days might work as viable times to catch the Martian vibe and make hay with it.

That said, Mars reaches Virgo’s front door on November 11th. He wipes his feet and steps on in, moving forward until January 24th, when he reverses tracks. Mars remains retrograde until April 15th, when he does another “to the rear march,” resuming direct or prograde motion. Then, Mars trudges forward, working his way into Libra on July 3rd.

There are heaps of Martian variables while he’s visiting Virgo, but let’s relax the transit rubber band and focus upon the short term effects over the next few months. The patterns that follow will be repeated during the course of Mars’ retrograde and after he resumes direct motion. As the other patterns unfold over the next months, I’ll comment more.

Within a day or so of entering Virgo, Mars moves up to an opposition with the centaur healer, Chiron. The influence of this pattern urges a person to address nagging ailments or life details that if left alone turn into actual complications. Get that cough checked and why not drop off the car at the same time to get that strange thunking noise checked out? On the psyche level, how about taking some time out to dismiss any editorial voices in your head that seem hell bent on stirring up inner doubts and feelings of “not enough” just as life demands you put yourself out there in greater measure.

Mars matches zodiac hash markers with Orcus on November 18th and about this time beings a connection with a series of black holes in Virgo and Sagittarius. Orcus is the Etruscan version of Pluto and he was assigned as keeper of oaths. He’ll back up the letter of the law of promises made and take care of agreements not upheld. It seems it’s better to be on Orcus’ good side and with action-rich Mars involved, the era’s theme becomes “action speaks louder than words.”

The black holes involved emanate a 283 second x-ray blast that allows for complete exposure of any developing thought or idea. Write down any incoming idea to ensure you remember all of it.

With each new idea, you might need to hang out with it in full concentration mode for at least five minutes. Over the course of the next ten to eleven days, revisit the original thought at least three times, adding to it whatever else comes to mind. Should a new thought spawn from this process, repeat the above drill. Take nothing for granted. Document all ideas, insights and inspirations.

In this pattern if you promise you’ll follow up on an idea someone presents to you, they expect you’ll do exactly as you promised. It’s important that you do so in a timely manner, lest you forget where you got the idea. Orcus is not fond of such memory lapses that cause a person to believe they thought of another person’s idea first. Perhaps, Orcus is one of the planetary lords of intellectual property.

As for your own projects, get on with them. When the ideas take form, implement, make prototypes and cut out the patterns. Sooner is better than later; this is Mars after all. So don’t hurry. Be precise in action and communication. Take the time to line up those ducks.

On December 12th Mars squares the nodes, creating a perfect balance checkpoint for destiny and dharma. This is an important review marker for the upcoming retrograde turn. Here, Mars insists upon a review of everything done and a redo of everything that requires tweaking, editing or perfecting. More, Mars seeks to ensure that every effort in which you invest energy is consistent with your grand view, big picture, this is what my life is all about perspective. If not, Mars hands you a knife to cut the spots off the apple that you won’t actually eat. Yep, it’s time to cull those things, that as the I-Ching says, do not further.

Around December 17th, he patterns up with a different set of black holes in Sagittarius, the implications of which are delightful to Virgo. One, walk the talk. If you can’t walk the talk, then maybe the walk is natural and the talk is flawed. Then again, maybe it’s the other way around. Consistency of action with inner nature is the ultimate objective. Two, speak from a position of experience. Life experiences integrated into consciousness become wisdom. Wisdom resonates. Rhetorical speculation sounds hollow and unfounded. Why take screenwriting classes from an unproduced writer? Why take an acting class from someone who’s never been in anything. You might be able to tell a person how to hit a curve ball, but if you can’t hit one yourself, is there merit in that?

We know that Mars retrogrades in the work week of January 23rd. Through mid-April the themes of improve, enhance and perfect prevail. While frustrating to a person with a revving, red lining internal engine, these retracing patterns grant great benefit later on. With the purpose and alignment patterns of mid-December in place, the Mars retrograde cycle presents less frustration on the road ahead.

Is Mars in Virgo and retrograde frustrating? That depends. It depends upon application, execution and self perception. Internal critics must be silenced. External critics apply only if the experiences of the critic relate to your efforts in a direct and constructive manner. Otherwise, it might be a great idea to silence or ignore them as well.

There are some cool and interesting patterns ahead in November, December and to the start of the year. There is a reason for optimism. There is a reason to believe that effort matters, and if one’s efforts support one’s evolution, even better. And as we approach this next year, there is a reason to believe that in one year, you’ll be looking at entering another year of evolution and progress... and not the end of the world.

If you feel you need a tweak from the insights of the planets, I’d be pleased to help. Other than the times noted at the beginning of this GT, I’m available and ready to offer the fabulous insights that your chart and all the influential new planetary players have to offer. Please visit my website and check out the consultations page (and the store!) for new, updated information.

Here’s wishing you a simply perfect Mars in Virgo passage ahead.

New DVD lectures
Order Solar Fire 8!
Quick Answers to Questions, Consultations, One Stop Shopping

Shop in My Store . Galactic Report . Galactic Trilogy CD for Dwarf Planets, Galactic Center, Black Holes and More!! . Need an Inspiring Consult?

Sleep

To visit my Screenwriting only website: www.philipcsedgwick.com
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

Number of posts : 709
Humor : No thank you
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Mars in Virgo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mars in Virgo   Mars in Virgo Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:01 pm

"The black holes involved emanate a 283 second x-ray blast that allows for complete exposure of any developing thought or idea". wow, must remember this!

On a tangent makemake might be the funniest planet name I have ever heard of. lol

Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Mars in Virgo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mars in Virgo   Mars in Virgo Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 9:24 pm

hey NWO....
glad you got a chuckle..i do like philip's stuff because of all that he brings to it..he had an article awhile back about the naming of some of this stuff ..it was pretty funny..mostly the names are from one mythology or another but some are really obscure

here's where it came from

Makemake, formally designated (136472) Makemake, is the third-largest known dwarf planet in the Solar System and one of the two largest Kuiper belt objects (KBO) in the classical KBO population.[Its diameter is roughly three-quarters that of Pluto.[10] Makemake has no known satellites, which makes it unique among the largest KBOs. Its extremely low average temperature, about 30 K (−243.2 °C), means its surface is covered with methane, ethane, and possibly nitrogen ices.[11]

Initially known as 2005 FY9 and later given the minor planet number 136472, it was discovered on March 31, 2005, by a team led by Michael Brown, and announced on July 29, 2005. Its name derives from the Rapanui god Makemake. On June 11, 2008, the International Astronomical Union (IAU) included Makemake in its list of potential candidates to be given "plutoid" status, a term for dwarf planets beyond the orbit of Neptune that would place the object alongside Pluto, Haumea and Eris. Makemake was formally classified as a plutoid in July 2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makemake_(dwarf_planet)

Makemake, Rapa Nui God of Fertility and Creator of Humanity
Makemake was the creator of humanity and the god of fertility in the mythology of the South Pacific island of Rapa Nui (also known as Easter Island). He was also the chief god of the bird-man cult, and was worshipped in the form of sea birds. Petroglyphs of Makemake, which look like a man with a bird's head, can be found on Rapa Nui.

In July 2008, the name Makemake was given to a newly discovered dwarf planet. This dwarf planet received its name because it was discovered soon after Easter in 2005, and was first nicknamed "Easterbunny." When the astronomer who discovered it chose an official name, he decided to name it after a mythological character from an island whose English name is Easter Island.
http://www.windows2universe.org/mythology/planets/dwarf_planets/makemake.html
don't ya just feel impowered knowing this stuff.. lol! moon walk
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

Number of posts : 709
Humor : No thank you
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Mars in Virgo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mars in Virgo   Mars in Virgo Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 7:21 pm

Dwarf planets need more respect!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mars in Virgo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mars in Virgo   Mars in Virgo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mars in Virgo
Page 1 of 1