the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Censorship in the Bay Area?

Go down 
+5
Anchor
Biggles
WineHippie
Northern Boy
SoulSister
9 posters
AuthorMessage
SoulSister
SoulSister

Number of posts : 297
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-03-13

Censorship in the Bay Area? Empty
PostSubject: Censorship in the Bay Area?   Censorship in the Bay Area? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 8:45 am

Censorship in the Bay Area? 2011-634512649001978926-197

‘The children in Gaza lose,’ after pro-Israel organisations pressure an Oakland gallery to cancel an art exhibition by Palestinian children of their experience in Israel-Palestine conflicts

FULL ARTICLE
Back to top Go down
http://websiteartist.blogspot.com
Northern Boy
Northern Boy

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Censorship in the Bay Area?   Censorship in the Bay Area? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 1:19 am

guess who I`m calling on monday
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Censorship in the Bay Area?   Censorship in the Bay Area? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 9:30 am

Northern Boy wrote:

wish i could be listening on the extension, NB ....
but am sure you will fill us in on the highlights .....
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Censorship in the Bay Area?   Censorship in the Bay Area? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 5:00 pm

Northern Boy wrote:

rainbow heart rainbow heart
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Censorship in the Bay Area?   Censorship in the Bay Area? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 6:16 pm

This quotation from the article struck a chord.

Quote :
Barbara Lubin, the Executive Director of MECA, expressed her dismay that the museum decided to censor this exhibit, which is in contradiction of its mission “to ensure that the arts are a fundamental part of the lives of all children.”

“We understand all too well the enormous pressure that the museum came under. But who wins? The museum doesn’t win. MECA doesn’t win. The people of the Bay Area don’t win. Our basic constitutional freedom of speech loses. The children in Gaza lose,” she said.

Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: Censorship in the Bay Area?   Censorship in the Bay Area? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 10:07 pm

Anchor wrote:

Quote :
Barbara Lubin, the Executive Director of MECA, expressed her dismay that the museum decided to censor this exhibit, which is in contradiction of its mission “to ensure that the arts are a fundamental part of the lives of all children.”

“We understand all too well the enormous pressure that the museum came under. But who wins? The museum doesn’t win. MECA doesn’t win. The people of the Bay Area don’t win. Our basic constitutional freedom of speech loses. The children in Gaza lose,” she said.

Yes it does AJ, but it seems to not matter what a lot of people think they just go their own way, although at the same time I think the outcry from the public over the Mayor being sacked in that other US state did bring some resolution. So lets see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: Censorship in the Bay Area?   Censorship in the Bay Area? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 12:30 am

Big cuddles for you NB, appreciate your efforts hon. rainbow heart
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: Censorship in the Bay Area?   Censorship in the Bay Area? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 10:06 am

Biggles wrote:
Anchor wrote:

Quote :

Yes it does AJ, but it seems to not matter what a lot of people think they just go their own way, although at the same time I think the outcry from the public over the Mayor being sacked in that other US state did bring some resolution. So lets see what happens.

you notice, the article does not include the answer to ms. lubins question ....
who benefits? (she used the word "wins")
does ms. lubin need to dig a bit deeper?
or does the author of the article leave something out?
i feel that whoever, or whatever, did not want this exhibition of children's art
needs to explain the reasoning ...
my instinct tells me that the emotion this art may evoke is
the issue, and needs to be avoided ... people may feel sympathy
for the children of gaza ... they may ask themselves "who
could do this to children?" or "how can this be happening?" ...
and these emotional questions might lead some in search
of answers, and those answers could threaten the credibility
of bullshit propaganda storylines ..... the illusion could unravel ...
so the question is: who or what benefits when this art is NOT seen (and felt)?

ok, read article, found her answer:

Quote :
“The only winners here are those who spend millions of dollars censoring any criticism of Israel and silencing the voices of children who live every day under military siege and occupation.”
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: Censorship in the Bay Area?   Censorship in the Bay Area? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 3:34 pm

"Pro-Israel organisations"

Don't tell me there's more than the ADL?
Back to top Go down
Northern Boy
Northern Boy

PostSubject: Re: Censorship in the Bay Area?   Censorship in the Bay Area? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 10:07 pm

So I could not get thru today or they have decided to noy answer the phones i will try again tomorrow and what i`ll try to do is get the name of the person who organized the effort to display the art work and we will see if we can`t create a blog and get the artwork out there its time to step on israeli toes

Its called dehumanization Israel is a master at doing it having learn`t it from the Germans
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Censorship in the Bay Area?   Censorship in the Bay Area? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 12, 2011 10:39 pm

Northern Boy wrote:
So I could not get thru today or they have decided to noy answer the phones i will try again tomorrow and what i`ll try to do is get the name of the person who organized the effort to display the art work and we will see if we can`t create a blog and get the artwork out there its time to step on israeli toes

Its called dehumanization Israel is a master at doing it having learn`t it from the Germans

Good work NB!!!
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: Censorship in the Bay Area?   Censorship in the Bay Area? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 12:56 am

Yes, more cuddles and love going your way Northern, you star. xxoo
Back to top Go down
Northern Boy
Northern Boy

PostSubject: Re: Censorship in the Bay Area?   Censorship in the Bay Area? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:28 pm

I keep tying to get through about this they are closed till Sept 16 so i tried to get reception and it was a recording you can`t even leave a message the box is full
Will try again to get thru on the 16th
Back to top Go down
SoulSister
SoulSister

Number of posts : 297
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: Censorship in the Bay Area?   Censorship in the Bay Area? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 2:15 pm

Why did they even write the article in the first place? Makes me want to see the children's art even more. Has children's art EVER been censored? This is just so creepy.
Back to top Go down
http://websiteartist.blogspot.com
Gerardgeert
Gerardgeert

Number of posts : 352
Humor : Niccolò Machiavelli
Registration date : 2011-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Censorship in the Bay Area?   Censorship in the Bay Area? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 3:56 am

dancing baby

I saw this pic, on the news:
Censorship in the Bay Area? 2850162-3x2-940x627

So i thought to reconice it............it made me thinck of the one above.

synchronicity Absurd opposites
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gerardgeert?feature=mexp
skywatcher
skywatcher

Number of posts : 1827
Humor : yes lots
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Censorship in the Bay Area?   Censorship in the Bay Area? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 4:11 am

So many people are swayed by what they read in the press and see on TV. It's like subtle brain washing over a period of time. It's shown to you so often by all the media outlets, that you actually begin to believe it to be true.

Only those who are not so easily manipulated, can see that what the media portray as wrong, is the actually the very thing that is right!
Back to top Go down
http://chemtrailawareness.forumotion.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Censorship in the Bay Area?   Censorship in the Bay Area? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Censorship in the Bay Area?
Page 1 of 1