the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

censorship of forums has begun.....

Go down 
+4
Biggles
Reunite
Gabriel
WineHippie
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

censorship of forums has begun..... Empty
PostSubject: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 11:09 am

reunite, this article also contains a script you can use to block the spying
bots........
CENSORSHIP

"Reuters and Attributor Corporation begin censoring "online internet forums"

Posted by freedomist on 5:34 AM in attributor corporation, censorship, freedom of information, godlike productions, reuters, technology | 0 comments

Recently, a forum I am personally a part of, "Godlikeproductions" has been under attack by a company named "Attributer corporation" on behalf of "Reuters."

It looks like this company has been scanning websites (aggressively) to see if there is any infringing copy-written material. Recently, the RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America) began to step down from the fight on piracy. [1] Now, it seems as if the "Attributer Corporation" has stepped in as a front line defense mechanism for piracy on the Internet.
Yet, many believe Reuters is not fully aware of the extortion like tactics Attributor Corporation uses on their behalf. [2] Recently, a member of the "God Like Productions" forum named "DMCA guy" released an email received from "Attributor corporation" concerning the matter...."

read the rest here: http://welcometoafreeworld.blogspot.com/2010/07/reuters-and-attributor-corporation.html
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:19 pm

This is not surprising to me as I am sure many here are not surprised. We on the so called fringes are kicking the ass of the NWO freaks and they know this. This is a tactic of desperation On their part, they will still lose in the end.

There are too many people connected to God to fail.

Another sign of their panic.
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:20 pm

i think so, too, gabe, tptb are freaking out
found this update to the info, sounds positive for the white hats

GODLIKEPRODUCTIONS and ABOVETOPSECRET are both conspiracy or alternative news forums that have never really seen eye to eye. In fact, they've been at each other's throats for quite some time, with mutual bannings and other nefarious or underhand activities between them - you know, the general childish behaviour of the 'net.

Well, seems like the 'net just grew up.

It's looking like (for now) Trinity (GLP) and Bill (ATS) have called a truce in an attempt to legally fight these copyright claims against them from such groups as Attributor etc. this is to do with the re-posting of news stories in their forums so that deeper discussion and alternative views can be brought to the weapons of the corporate dogma machine.

News update: looks like RENSE and PRISON PLANET might also be in line to sign up against aggressive threats from these copyright bottom feeders.

Let the party begin!

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=178974
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:39 pm

Great reporting Hippster thanks for informing us.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 4:44 pm

Hippie I'll look into it now.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 4:53 pm

Surely, by linking to a story or whatever they can't do anything can they? I am glad your looking into it kermie bear. Haven't they got better things to do?

Just on a side note I don't know how much money Godlike Productions make a year but I do happen to know that ATS makes millions a year.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Ok I've blocked all of Attributer Corporation's IP's
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Reunite wrote:

You is just a genius bear kerm. hugv dolph
Back to top Go down
Louise

Number of posts : 606
Humor : Yes!
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:35 pm

Reunite wrote:
flower cheers moon walk toast
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:40 pm

cheers clubbing
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:50 pm

Reunite wrote:

wow, quick response and nice work, FL
(it does pay to go straight to the top)
Back to top Go down
Louise

Number of posts : 606
Humor : Yes!
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 6:13 pm

just saw this on reddit:

Australian Government censors 90% of a document detailing their plans to spy on their citizens web surfing - to prevent "premature debate"

The federal government has censored approximately 90 per cent of a secret document outlining its controversial plans to snoop on Australians' web surfing, obtained under freedom of information (FoI) laws, out of fear the document could cause "premature unnecessary debate".

The government has been consulting with the internet industry over the proposal, which would require ISPs to store certain internet activities of all Australians - regardless of whether they have been suspected of wrongdoing - for law-enforcement agencies to access.

All parties to the consultations have been sworn to secrecy.

http://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/no-minister-90-of-web-snoop-document-censored-to-stop--premature-unnecessary-debate-20100722-10mxo.html?autostart=1
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 6:54 pm

Yeah debate is soo scary... affraid
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 7:33 pm

What I cannot get my head around is voting is compulsory here, so if your registered and dont vote you will incur a fine.

Now I moved to where I am now over 18 months ago and forgot all about re-registering to vote in this municipality, yet over 12 months ago I get a letter stating they have now put me on their voting roll here. Well, gee I didn't notify them that I left the previous address and that I was at this particular address. scratch

Can't go to the ladies room without them monitoring. poke poke poke
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:42 pm

Reunite wrote:

I am amazed at your great knowledge of this internet reuniteR. What a treasure you are for this group and I for one am glad to be a part of what you do.

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:44 pm

Reunite wrote:

You are the Boss...LOL no shit my friend.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 10:08 am

poop .... gotcha .... watchingb

yep..contol what they know and you can move in fast.....like i said before i am looking for fall as a byesad to most web stuff

italianflick to :swirlb:

to us thumbsupb ......... to kermie partyblower hugv

to not playing their game wouhou

may they do this ad infinum... Banging Head jawdrop

see ya in the ethers..... toast

Back to top Go down
Lightning222

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 4:28 pm

Who needs the internet we are all soo connected we can still message each other and stay in touch!
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 4:36 pm

A wonderful thought Lightning.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 4:40 pm

Lightning222 wrote:
Who needs the internet we are all soo connected we can still message each other and stay in touch!

aahhh get out of my head
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 4:52 pm

geezzzzzz that sounds like a good song title! clubbing
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 5:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Lightning222

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 5:48 pm

Cool beans, I knew you'd find it!
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 1:49 pm

another angle here - follow the money, of course

Newspaper Chain’s New Business Plan: Copyright Suits

* By David Kravets Email Author
* July 22, 2010

Steve Gibson has a plan to save the media world’s financial crisis — and it’s not the iPad.

Borrowing a page from patent trolls, the CEO of fledgling Las Vegas-based Righthaven has begun buying out the copyrights to newspaper content for the sole purpose of suing blogs and websites that re-post those articles without permission. And he says he’s making money.

“We believe it’s the best solution out there,” Gibson says. “Media companies’ assets are very much their copyrights. These companies need to understand and appreciate that those assets have value more than merely the present advertising revenues.”

Righthaven CEO Steve Gibson is embarking on a copyright trolling litigation campaign

Gibson’s vision is to monetize news content on the backend, by scouring the internet for infringing copies of his client’s articles, then suing and relying on the harsh penalties in the Copyright Act — up to $150,000 for a single infringement — to compel quick settlements. Since Righthaven’s formation in March, the company has filed at least 80 federal lawsuits against website operators and individual bloggers who’ve re-posted articles from the Las Vegas Review-Journal, his first client.

Now he’s talking expansion. The Review-Journal’s publisher, Stephens Media in Las Vegas, runs over 70 other newspapers in nine states, and Gibson says he already has an agreement to expand his practice to cover those properties. (Stephens Media declined comment, and referred inquiries to Gibson.) Hundreds of lawsuits, he says, are already in the works by year’s end. “We perceive there to be millions, if not billions, of infringements out there,” he says.

Righthaven’s lawsuits come on the heels of similar campaigns targeting music and movie infringers. The Recording Industry Association of America sued about 20,000 thousand file sharers over five years, before recently winding down its campaign. And a coalition of independent film producers called the U.S. Copyright Group was formed this year, already unleashing as many as 20,000 federal lawsuits against BitTorrent users accused of unlawfully sharing movies.

The RIAA’s lawsuits weren’t a money maker, though — the record labels spent $64 million in legal costs, and recovered only $1.3 million in damages and settlements. The independent film producers say they nonetheless expect to turn a profit from their lawsuits.

“People are settling with us,” says Thomas Dunlap, the head lawyer of the Copyright Group’s litigation. The out-of-court settlements, the number of which he declined to divulge, are ranging in value from $1,500 to $3,500 — about the price it would cost defendants to retain a lawyer. The RIAA’s settlements, which it collected in nearly every case, were for roughly the same amounts.

But experts say that settling the Righthaven cases, many of which target bloggers or aggregation sites, might not be as easy. The RIAA lawsuits often accused peer-to-peer users of sharing dozens of music files, meaning the risk of going to trial was financially huge for the defendants.

The same is true of the BitTorrent lawsuits. The movie file sharers are accused of leeching and seeding bits of movie files, contributing to the widespread and unauthorized distribution of independent movies such as Hurt Locker, Cry of the Wolf and others.

But each of the Righthaven suits charge one, or a handful, of infringements. Defendants might be less willing to settle a lawsuit stemming from their posting of a single news article, despite the Copyright Act’s whopping damages. “You’d have to go after a lot of people for a relatively small amount of money,” says Jonathan Band, a Washington, D.C. copyright lawyer. “That is a riskier proposition.”

Gibson claims Righthaven has already settled several lawsuits, the bulk of which are being chronicled by the Las Vegas Sun, for undisclosed sums.

One defendant who is ready to settle is Fred Bouzek, a Virginia man who runs bikernews.net, a user-generated site about hardcore biker news. He was sued last week on allegations the site ran a Las Vegas Review-Journal story about police going under cover with the Hell’s Angels.

Even if he had grounds to fight the case, he says it would be cheaper to settle. “The only choice I have is to try to raise money and offer a settlement,” he says.

Bill Irvine of Phoenix says he is fighting infringement allegations targeting AboveTopSecret.com, the site he controls under The Above Network. The site is accused of infringing a Review-Journal article on the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. The site is a user-generated discussion on “conspiracies, UFO’s, paranormal, secret societies, political scandals, new world order, terrorism, and dozens of related topics” and gets about 5 million hits monthly, Irvine says.

Righthaven, he says, should have sent him a takedown notice under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, because the article was posted by a user, not the site itself.

“In this case, we feel this suit does not have merit,” he says. “We are confident we will have success challenging it.”

Gibson says he’s just getting started. Righthaven has other media clients that he won’t name until the lawsuits start rolling out, he says.

“Frankly, I think we’re having tremendous success at a number of levels,” Gibson says. “We file new complaints every day.”

source: http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/07/copyright-trolling-for-dollars/
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 8:38 pm

So does this mean no more cutting and pasting. (from a legal angle) Or is it ok if you quote the source?

What about all of the websites that provide links to stories. Is this ok?

For example...

http://www.davidicke.com/headlines
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: censorship of forums has begun.....   censorship of forums has begun..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

censorship of forums has begun.....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next