the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

occupy wall street

Go down 
+8
Biggles
SoulSister
Northern Boy
micjer
stal
WineHippie
Reunite
zuni
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

occupy wall street - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: occupy wall street   occupy wall street - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 12:23 am

This one is for Eddie, you and me. lol!
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: occupy wall street   occupy wall street - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 8:48 am

rainbow heart

really long article with lots of pictures
getting lazy...you'll have to click the link to read it :sleep
:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/keith-boykin/occupy-wall-street-media_b_1019707.html?ref=mostpopular

Keith Boykin.CNBC contributor,
MSNBC commentator and former White House aide
GET UPDATES FROM Keith Boykin
Everything The Media Told You About Occupy Wall Street Is Wrong

occupy wall street - Page 3 2011-110

Based on my observations, here's what I consider the Top Ten Myths About Occupy Wall Street.

Myth #1. The Movement Is Violent.

Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: occupy wall street   occupy wall street - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2011 1:46 pm

sky otter wrote:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/keith-boykin/occupy-wall-street-media_b_1019707.html?ref=mostpopular

Keith Boykin.CNBC contributor,
MSNBC commentator and former White House aide
GET UPDATES FROM Keith Boykin
Everything The Media Told You About Occupy Wall Street Is Wrong

LOVED the article, sky, thanks ... followed link from there to another
which was regarding naomi wolf being arrested ... i had seen the vid clip,
and to tell you the truth, i had wondered in a slightly snotty way, what she
was doing there in a dress with cleavage showing and wearing heels ...
aha! the article explained how she was attending an event and took the
opportunity to speak with protesters and was arrested with her partner (her date
for the event) so i apologize to naomi for saying to myself "what kind of
woman goes to a demonstration dressed like that?" and "how about jeans, tennies
and a sweatshirt, naomi?"
boy, do i feel silly now, jumpin to conclusions like that ......
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: occupy wall street   occupy wall street - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2011 4:33 pm

awesome, takes me back, way back ....

Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: occupy wall street   occupy wall street - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 3:35 pm

Me too hipster takes me back 60's style. More power too them all, I hope they/we give the politicians a good scare and the banksters something to think about.

This is a wonderful movement indeed.

Power to the People......LOL how's that for a 60's slogan revisited.... peace welcome weed-4
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

Number of posts : 709
Humor : No thank you
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: occupy wall street   occupy wall street - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 3:42 pm

Has anyone done any research on who is backing this occupy movement. I heard that some group Adbusters is heavily involved. Any truth to this?
Back to top Go down
skywatcher
skywatcher

Number of posts : 1827
Humor : yes lots
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: occupy wall street   occupy wall street - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 12:22 am

New World Orphan wrote:
Has anyone done any research on who is backing this occupy movement. I heard that some group Adbusters is heavily involved. Any truth to this?

Can't vouch for the truth on this link, it does seem a bit rich considering the names on there, BUT nothing staggers me anymore, so there could be some truth in this....I dunno I dunno

http://pjmedia.com/zombie/2011/10/31/the-99-official-list-of-ows/
Back to top Go down
http://chemtrailawareness.forumotion.co.uk
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: occupy wall street   occupy wall street - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:23 am

As far as I have heard nwo I haven't heard of anyone helping them to this point. It was rumored early on that some billionaire, George Soros was paying their way, but that was shot down as bullcrap.
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

PostSubject: Re: occupy wall street   occupy wall street - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 1:36 pm

Thanks for the link sky. George Soro's eh , well its time to re-open the case! lol . No I dont know, I still have to look into it. I read some article about the russian revolution that sparked my interest in looking more behind the scenes of this movement. I have gotten mixed reviews from personal friends who went down there and other people online. So far Im into it though. I plan on going back down to my local occupy which got arrested this past weekend. Check it out.

See the thing about this is my friend went to check it out last week and he said the vibe was completely tea bagger style. So he caused a rukus and got like 10 15 people to leave with him. I checked it out a week later. My area is small numbers btw and I didnt get that vibe. I heard people wanting people who speak softly , shy people, who have

opinions to get a say. They were also trying to start a list of topics or goals or something in which they all would agree upon. Like a memo. Things that ran through my head as I went up to the movement , was if anything they could organize a platform that could be connected locally. Because its a small movement they wont get any attention but they could get more things done bc of this. Get to know the sherif on a first name bases organize a group to find out

who is corrupt in the local area. Town Hall meeting type of things. But most of all just open up a line of dialouge with the powers that be, whether it be good or bad. I cant remember if I was high when I came up with all of these ideas. lol ANyway. I was just pumping myself up to maybe get really involved, spit some knowledge at these people. Then I heard they were going to protest in front of the police station. Instantly I thought they just want to get arrested and get

attention which is not a bad thing, but now the oppurtunity for opening a real dialogue is kind of gone. I am not talking about making a deal or anything like that. I just mean trying to get to solutions or develop something anything, anyway.

Is it more about protesting and getting to say I was there when the pigs came! or is it more about talking about how privatizing profits and socializing losses is bullshit! and that the Fed is the

real root of the problem. I dont know, but I do know this is what they wanted. IMO they wanted this confrontation, they wanted to feel apart of the BIG group. Well fuck that I want organization , everyone in the movement educated through the teeth , discussion discussion , debate, strategy , how to get people not involved but educated first then

invovled, How not to let the movement get highjacked or turned into us vs the police, bc thats what I feel was the move. Ehhh , Im just kind of over it for right now. I dont support the actions of the police btw. In fact I ran into a cop who I went to highschool with he was a nerd then, now I guess he has the power huh. And he just laughed it off when my friend said why arent you beating there asses , he just said ehhh their not a problem its not like LA, then he said

some f ed up shit after that. It was okward. and wierd. Anyway he was basically saying there not a problem for the police. ah-ha. So they were not on the cops radar at all. So they went to go protest all day in front of the police station. Now police beating the shit out of the people is f ed up. But is that what this is about? Well it is now or it was a goal I guess. Im not into these games of protesting for protesting sake, I want a real "wake up call" type of movement and I dont feel , in my area, it is to that point. Then again I will go back down there and debate this with them this week or weekend. I got feel it out better. These are all just gut feelings and first impressions. But ehhhh..... ANyway
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

PostSubject: Re: occupy wall street   occupy wall street - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 1:42 pm

Summary: A lot of posers involved aka protest sheeple. If this is true though , this movement will fizz out. Unless people start to really self educate on the fact that they are slaves and learn about the players involved. And how the system really works. My area better pass this f ing test when i go back down there!!! lol
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

PostSubject: Re: occupy wall street   occupy wall street - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 3:47 pm

So I went down there to check it out. My town , is behind on a lot of things, lol, but at least its something. It has potential. I know the movement has no leader , but it might need some sort of leadership. lol. Sorry for my previous rant btw.
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: occupy wall street   occupy wall street - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 12:34 pm

dedicated to gabe: "keep going!"

Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: occupy wall street   occupy wall street - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 2:55 pm

Thank you hipster for the dedication, I saw David and Graham last night live on the countdown news show with Keith Olbermann where they sang a short duet together, it was awesome to see these 2 together again, and sounding as good as ever.

It was a great 60's flashback. weed-4
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: occupy wall street   occupy wall street - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 5:02 pm

WineHippie wrote:
dedicated to gabe: "keep going!"

We need more of this to go to the protests to keep their spirits high. Looks like things are definitely picking up and only about six weeks or so to 2012. Change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: occupy wall street   occupy wall street - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

occupy wall street
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3