the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prohibition: Speakeasies, Loopholes And Politics ~ NPR interview worth the listen !

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
giovonni
giovonni

Number of posts : 549
Humor : lots of it!
Registration date : 2009-02-19

Prohibition: Speakeasies, Loopholes And Politics ~ NPR interview worth the listen ! Empty
PostSubject: Prohibition: Speakeasies, Loopholes And Politics ~ NPR interview worth the listen !   Prohibition: Speakeasies, Loopholes And Politics ~ NPR interview worth the listen ! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 11:03 pm

i highly recommend this audio interview from NPR's program Fresh Air...

Drinking didn't stop in the United States from 1920 to 1933 — it just went underground. Author Daniel Okrent discusses the lasting cultural and political impact of Prohibition in his book
Last Call: The Rise and Fall of Prohibition

Prohibition: Speakeasies, Loopholes And Politics ~ NPR interview worth the listen ! Last-call-jpeg

Listen here:
http://www.npr.org/player/v2/mediaPlayer.html?action=1&t=3&islist=true&id=13&d=06-10-2011
Back to top Go down
Gerardgeert
Gerardgeert

Number of posts : 352
Humor : Niccolò Machiavelli
Registration date : 2011-01-10

Prohibition: Speakeasies, Loopholes And Politics ~ NPR interview worth the listen ! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prohibition: Speakeasies, Loopholes And Politics ~ NPR interview worth the listen !   Prohibition: Speakeasies, Loopholes And Politics ~ NPR interview worth the listen ! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 3:20 am

I like it:

as i needed inspiration, cause the war is on again
borderly-love
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Gerardgeert?feature=mexp

Prohibition: Speakeasies, Loopholes And Politics ~ NPR interview worth the listen !
Page 1 of 1