the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wells fargo ATMs crash ...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

wells fargo ATMs crash ... Empty
PostSubject: wells fargo ATMs crash ...   wells fargo ATMs crash ... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:57 am

Thousands of Wells Fargo & Co. customers were left angry and short of cash Monday after a majority of the bank's 12,000 ATMs nationwide crashed.

Customers could still access their money Monday at non-Wells Fargo ATMs using their check cards, but this often meant several dollars in extra fees. Wells Fargo charges $2.50 for withdrawals on Wells Fargo accounts made at alternative ATMs, and the bank that owns the other ATM often charges its own fee of $2 or more.

Wells Fargo said it had not determined whether it would reimburse customers for the extra fees.

Gail Hillebrand, a senior attorney with the Consumers Union in San Francisco, said she was surprised the bank had not already pledged to reimburse the extra fees.

"I give them a very bad grade for assuring customers," she said. "That's a real slap in the face to not only make your customers go somewhere else to get their money, and then to hit them with a $2.50 fee."

source: http://www.startribune.com/business/115532664.html
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: wells fargo ATMs crash ...   wells fargo ATMs crash ... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 11:25 am

Sleep

maybe they want to see whose paying attention..or maybe just get you used to inconviences scratch

No cash gets no gas at Sunoco as network crashes

Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/pittsburgh/s_721855.html#ixzz1DOQNwk00

By Michael Hasch and Tony LaRussa
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Customers wanting to buy gasoline and other items at Sunoco Inc. convenience stores were forced to use cash for several hours yesterday after a network crash made it impossible to use credit cards.

The problem affected Sunoco's approximately 4,900 company-owned and operated convenience stores from Maine to Florida and from the East Coast to Indiana, company spokesman Joe McGinn said. Sunoco stores that are independently owned and operated were not affected.

Sunoco is the sole provider of fuel along the Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware turnpikes as well as the Atlantic City Expressway. It is one of the companies that provide services along the Gov. Thomas E. Dewey Thruway in New York.

A Pennsylvania Turnpike spokesman said the only problem reported to officials was at the Sideling Hill Plaza between Breezewood and Fort Littleton where the station could only accept cash transactions for about two hours.

There was no immediate word on what caused the system to crash about 4:15 p.m., said McGinn, who would not identify the network provider. He said the system was back in operation by 7:45 p.m.

"Any customer who continues to experience issues at a specific store should give us a call so we can address it," McGinn said. "We certainly apologize to all our customers for the inconvenience."

Sunoco representatives can be reached at 1-800-786-6261.

McGinn said technicians wanted to get the problem corrected before trying to determine what caused the crash. "We'll do a forensic audit to determine what happened and make sure it doesn't happen again."

Roger Shannon, a mail carrier who stopped at the Sunoco station on Cedar Avenue in the North Side to get gasoline, said the inability to use a debit or credit card was "just a little bit of an inconvenience."

"Luckily, I had some cash on me, because I wouldn't make it home on what's left in my tank," said Shannon, 37, of Freedom, Beaver County. "I guess if I had to, I could go drive to another gas station or hit an ATM for cash, but it's the end of the day so I'd rather just head home."

After the charge card processing system failed, employees of the store posted signs on the front door and on registers indicating that only cash transactions were being accepted. An "out of order" sign was placed on the Citizens Bank ATM machine inside the store.

Signs were later placed on the pumps after a number of customers continued to pull up and attempt to use their cards.

Neil Shah, 31, who owns the Sunoco A Plus at the corner of Butler and 51st streets in Lawrenceville, said he was not aware the corporate-owned stores were experiencing problems.

"We're not connected to same system," said Shah.

"I'd say about 49 percent of our sales are paid for with a debit or credit card. I'm glad we didn't have to turn anybody away. I don't think anybody would want to lose that much business."

sheep ...we need an icon of an alarm clockgoing off, froggie bow down
Back to top Go down
Northern Boy
Northern Boy

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: wells fargo ATMs crash ...   wells fargo ATMs crash ... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 7:12 pm

Hint get your money out of the banks . You are only allowing them to generate profits from your money thru the fractional banking system. My money goes in by direct deposit and is withdrawn by nightfall kept at home with me under lock and key where no one would find it. been doing it since last summer made a stink at the bank and the rushed me into a room the hush me up asking all kinds of questions about why i wanted my money
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wells fargo ATMs crash ...   wells fargo ATMs crash ... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wells fargo ATMs crash ...
Page 1 of 1