the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Important things a mobile phone can help you with.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Important things a mobile phone can help you with. Empty
PostSubject: Important things a mobile phone can help you with.   Important things a mobile phone can help you with. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:08 pm

A friend forwarded on an email to me with good ideas of what your mobile or cell phone can help you with.

1. Emergency number worldwide for mobile is 112. If you find yourself out of the coverage area and there is an emergency dial that number and the phone will search any network to establish the emergency number for you, this will work even if your keypad is locked.

2. If you lock your keys in your car and you have remote keyless entry, if you have another set of keys at home, ring home and get someone to hold the other remote button to the phone while you hold it near your locked door and it will open.

3. If your battery is very low, press *3370#, your mobile/cell will start with 50% battery power , this reserve will recharge when you next put it on the recharger.

Another tip not many know is if you are unfortunate enough to have someone hijack you and make you withdraw money from an ATM put your pin number in backwards, the ATM will recognize that you are doing this and still give you the money but will alert the police unbeknown to the criminal and send the police to the location.

sunny
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Important things a mobile phone can help you with.   Important things a mobile phone can help you with. Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Very interesting.

Next time my battery is low I'll try out the code. The rest will be more of an emergency to test.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Important things a mobile phone can help you with.   Important things a mobile phone can help you with. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 12:00 am

1 is the only certainly valid thing in the list - it was part of the spec that you could call in an emergency even if there is no credit on your phone or the only network you can use is one the phone cant normally work on.

2 would only work if the remote worked on an audible carrier wave. Most do not. In fact I dont know of any that do.

3 cant comment. Even if it worked I would not recommend it. Normally the cutout points for batteries are designed so as not to screw with the battery. Over draining a battery can kill it. Spare batteries or a USB style lead that you can use to charge the phone with are better options.
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Important things a mobile phone can help you with.   Important things a mobile phone can help you with. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 12:14 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important things a mobile phone can help you with.   Important things a mobile phone can help you with. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Important things a mobile phone can help you with.
Page 1 of 1