the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NASA caught Photoshopping an image of Saturn's moons

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

NASA caught Photoshopping an image of Saturn's moons Empty
PostSubject: NASA caught Photoshopping an image of Saturn's moons   NASA caught Photoshopping an image of Saturn's moons Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 3:28 pm

Now it's NASA's turn to be caught...lol

NASA caught Photoshopping an image of Saturn's moons. What were they trying to hide?

NASA caught Photoshopping an image of Saturn's moons 500x_t10

A conspiracy theorist noticed that an image in NASA's Astronomy Picture Of The Day had noticeable Photoshop brushstrokes in it, when you turned up the contrast. Is there a mysterious object hiding near Saturn's moons?

Check out the official image of Dione and Titan, above. A YouTube user named DominatorPS3 turned up the contrast on the image, and discovered brush strokes. You can just about see a "rainbow aura" around the object that's been blacked out.

NASA caught Photoshopping an image of Saturn's moons 500x_010

As quoted by Fox News, DominatorPS3 said: "More solid proof of NASA/ government cover-ups. And this is recent. You can do this yourself!!"

Dominator PS3's tell-all YouTube video has been taken down, allegedly because he received death threats. But he's put up a follow-up video, which you can watch HERE.

NASA's Emily Lakdawalla, who was responsible for the photoshopping, explained it over at Planetary.org:

Cassini takes color pictures by snapping three sequential photos through red, green, and blue filters. In the time that separated the three frames, Dione moved, so if I did a simple color composite I would be able to make Titan look right, but not Dione; or Dione look right, but not Titan. So I aligned Dione, cut it out, and then aligned Titan, and then had to account for the missing bits of shadow where the bits of Dione had been in two of the three channels.
She explains the process further here, showing how some other images of Saturn and its moons have been photoshopped — but she didn't post any raw images of the Dione/Titan image that caused the controversy. So at least some conspiracy theorists were not appeased, demanding to see the raw images.

What do you think? Did NASA really try to hide evidence of extraterrestrial life by photoshopping a picture — and then making that picture is Astronomy Picture Of The Day, just to confuse us further? It's so crazy, it might just be true! [Fox News]

http://io9.com/5659951/nasa-caught-photoshopping-an-image-of-saturns-moons-what-were-they-trying-to-hide
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: NASA caught Photoshopping an image of Saturn's moons   NASA caught Photoshopping an image of Saturn's moons Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 3:50 pm

I don't believe anything that comes out of their mouths anymore.
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

Number of posts : 709
Humor : No thank you
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: NASA caught Photoshopping an image of Saturn's moons   NASA caught Photoshopping an image of Saturn's moons Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 5:18 pm

Rainbow aura huh. Is there any type of phenomenon that projects a rainbow aura? besides a rainbow, lol. Wait, is the rainbow aura what they are covering up or its the result of the photoshop?
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: NASA caught Photoshopping an image of Saturn's moons   NASA caught Photoshopping an image of Saturn's moons Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 5:20 pm

Now that's interesting NWO, I never even thought of that; wouldn't there have to be some type of what atmosphere, I am not scientific you know lol, for there to be a rainbow. lol!
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

PostSubject: Re: NASA caught Photoshopping an image of Saturn's moons   NASA caught Photoshopping an image of Saturn's moons Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 5:25 pm

Biggles wrote:
Now that's interesting NWO, I never even thought of that; wouldn't there have to be some type of what atmosphere, I am not scientific you know lol, for there to be a rainbow. lol!

lol, true. It could be the result of some sort of ufo activity going on in space, thus proving there is something going on in space. So instead of it being a ufo, maybe THERE doing some sort of experiments or tests near saturn?
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: NASA caught Photoshopping an image of Saturn's moons   NASA caught Photoshopping an image of Saturn's moons Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 5:28 pm

Aaah! never thought of that aneither.

BTW NWO you might be interested in that new free film the day before disclosure, I put the link in the video thread.
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

PostSubject: Re: NASA caught Photoshopping an image of Saturn's moons   NASA caught Photoshopping an image of Saturn's moons Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 5:36 pm

Biggles wrote:
Aaah! never thought of that aneither.

BTW NWO you might be interested in that new free film the day before disclosure, I put the link in the video thread.

cool, i will definitely check it out. Thanks Biggs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NASA caught Photoshopping an image of Saturn's moons   NASA caught Photoshopping an image of Saturn's moons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NASA caught Photoshopping an image of Saturn's moons
Page 1 of 1