the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back

Go down 
+2
Biggles
Reunite
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back Empty
PostSubject: Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back   Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 3:27 pm

By Kim Zetter October 7, 2010

Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back Gps-tr10

A California student got a visit from the FBI this week after he found a secret GPS tracking device on his car, and a friend posted photos of it online. The post prompted wide speculation about whether the device was real, whether the young Arab-American was being targeted in a terrorism investigation and what the authorities would do.

It took just 48 hours to find out: The device was real, the student was being secretly tracked and the FBI wanted their expensive device back, the student told Wired.com in an interview Wednesday.

The answer came when half-a-dozen FBI agents and police officers appeared at Yasir Afifi’s apartment complex in Santa Clara, California, on Tuesday demanding he return the device.

Afifi, a 20-year-old U.S.-born citizen, cooperated willingly and said he’d done nothing to merit attention from authorities. Comments the agents made during their visit suggested he’d been under FBI surveillance for three to six months.

An FBI spokesman wouldn’t acknowledge that the device belonged to the agency or that agents appeared at Afifi’s house.

“I can’t really tell you much about it, because it’s still an ongoing investigation,” said spokesman Pete Lee, who works in the agency’s San Francisco headquarters.

Continued HERE
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back   Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 7:21 pm

Mmmmh? I suppose I should be glad my name is not middle eastern; ASIO have the same devices.
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back   Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 3:28 am

LOL - FBI got busted :)
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back   Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 3:28 am

thats awesome
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back   Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 9:31 am

Biggles wrote:
Mmmmh? I suppose I should be glad my name is not middle eastern; ASIO have the same devices.

well, my name is middle eastern, courtesy of the ex ....
when i made decision to keep using it after divorce, i
made the decision not to be afraid
dear ptb: fuck you
disrespectfully,
ms. al-jabarin
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
whispergently

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back   Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 1:14 pm

Device could have been planted no proof available, so victim is abused by FBI? right?

Strange devices suddenly appeared in my apartment telephone line and have yet to dissect and understand it, my assumption is that it was the old technology of keyboard strikes sent via telephone line to cell phone, this is still in the works the Police have yet to confirm therefore just suspicions.

Fear Factor is at play here, I've had grand-daughter bring an ipod that was given to her by someone I didn't like and yet she chose the ipod over dancing, go figure that one. New age technology feels more advanced but here in the North it seems like we're in the age of the dinosaurs, the police lay dormant in their chairs while we have this internet highway that can be at their disposal in minutes. Wish someone would offer me a job, I'd be putting my International Teacher Aide Certificate which I graduate at a 95% in four months had I applied it I could've made the 100% but was caught daydreaming at times. lol, I love to gab, a women's best tool, lol

GPS is invasion of everyone's privacy, that feature is included by law in every phone therefore if he committed an infraction he should be release and not held by FBI. Back when I worked for Teletech, or rather Nextel we worked constantly with that feature, explaining and trying to make them understand it's there, don't lose track of your phone, anybody can wittingly turn the feature on while placing a call if their smart enough to know where to find it, so BUYER BEWARE, just like unnecessary ring tone charges, they were never completely worked out to charge the appropriate charge, two different feature texting and messaging that people need to understand before placing a call, Ya know what I mean jelly bean.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back   Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1