the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a reason to eat at home

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

a reason to eat at home Empty
PostSubject: a reason to eat at home   a reason to eat at home Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 8:54 pm

affraid
ok..if you don't want to know..don't go any further..i put one of the awful pictures down further
i do eat meat and i don't apologize..but not from fast food places

cry-blow

The photo above has been extensively passed around recently, and for good reason: it's a peek into the rarely-seen world of mechanically separated meat, or Advanced Meat Recovery (AMR).

Fooducate writes:

Someone figured out in the 1960s that meat processors can eek out a few more percent of profit from chickens, turkeys, pigs, and cows by scraping the bones 100% clean of meat. This is done by machines, not humans, by passing bones leftover after the initial cutting through a high pressure sieve. The paste you see in the picture above is the result.
Michael Kindt continues:

There's more: because it's crawling with bacteria, it will be washed with ammonia... Then, because it tastes gross, it will be reflavored artificially. Then, because it is weirdly pink, it will be dyed with artificial color.

But, hey, at least it tastes good, right?

High five, America!

The resulting paste goes on to become the main ingredient in many of America's favorite mass-produced and processed meat-like foods and snacks: bologna, hot dogs, salami, pepperoni, Slim Jim-like jerkys, and of course the ever-polarizing chicken nugget, where the paste from the photo above was likely destined.

UPDATE, 10/4/10: The story has been amended to reflect that although mass produced chicken nuggets at large may contain mechanically separated chicken, McDonald's famous McNuggets no longer do contain "mechanically separated poultry as defined by the federal government. The USDA now requires foods with mechanically separated poultry to be labeled as containing "mechanically separated chicken or turkey" in their ingredients lists.

a reason to eat at home Mechan10
Additionally, although "mechanically separated meat" may apply to turkey, chicken and pork, due to concerns over BSE, the federal government has held since 2004 that mechanically separated beef "is considered inedible and is prohibited for use as human food."

Story continues below

UPDATE II, 10/5/10: Although the original source of the photo is unknown, there is little reason to doubt that it is not mechanically separated poultry or pork. For example, on his recent Food Revolution show, Jamie Oliver demonstrated a version of the process ("how to use all the leftover bits to make food"), by hand, to kids, in a failed attempt to scare them away from the mass-produced foods that such meat slurries end up in (failed, because the children still wanted to eat the resulting chicken nuggets despite his demonstration). The chicken slurry he made before their eyes bears an uncanny resemblance to the passed-around photo:

more here
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/04/mechanically-separated-meat-chicken-mcnugget-photo_n_749893.html

soapbox
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: a reason to eat at home   a reason to eat at home Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 9:28 pm

I thought straight away before reading the full article -McDonald's chicken Nuggets.

I remember their advertisements only recently. 'We now use real Chicken!'

Well what the fuck did you use before?

THIS

I also saw that episode of Jamie Oliver preparing that disgusting slosh and the kids after watching it get fried up in the shape of a familiar small patty wanted to eat it!

The same kids could not name any of the basic fruits or vege's like tomatoes or potatoes for example.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: a reason to eat at home   a reason to eat at home Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 8:17 pm

poop

Happy Meal Goes Six Months Without Mold

Keith Srakocic / AP Photo Have McDonald’s chefs discovered the secret of immortality? Artist Sally Davies has photographed a Happy Meal every day for the past six months—and so far it hasn’t begun to decay or grown a speck of mold. “The first thing that struck me on day two of the experiment was that it no longer emitted any smell,” says Davies. “And then the second point of note was that on the second day, my dogs stopped circling the shelf it was sitting on trying to see what was up there.” Davies says the food has grown hard and plastic-like, but there’s still no mold. As Salon pointed out when Davies’ project was younger, there are other ancient McDonald’s burgers lying around: One woman has kept hers without mold for 12 years.

Read it at The Daily Mail
Posted at 6:15 AM, Oct 12, 2010

update with pics... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/13/mcdonalds-happy-meal-photos-6-months_n_761364.html

PHOTOS: McDonald's Happy Meal Unchanged After 6 Months On A Table
Huffington Post | Colin Sterling
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a reason to eat at home   a reason to eat at home Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a reason to eat at home
Page 1 of 1