the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AN EXPLOSION ON VENUS FILMED

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

AN EXPLOSION ON VENUS FILMED Empty
PostSubject: AN EXPLOSION ON VENUS FILMED   AN EXPLOSION ON VENUS FILMED Icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 1:14 pm

At forbidden TV there is a video of an explosion on Venus. It is a stereo image they say. The video is impressive but as usual is it real ?

http://www.forbiddenknowledgetv.com/videos/astrophysics/nasa-stereo-footage-of-venus-explosion.html
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: AN EXPLOSION ON VENUS FILMED   AN EXPLOSION ON VENUS FILMED Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:27 am

Oh I think it is real. don't believe NASA 's explaination.

Plasmic Effects or "Lens Flare"?
Quote :

This video caused a ruckus in amateur skywatcher circles in the summer of 2010. It appeared to be evidence of space debris glancing off the surface of Venus, causing an electromagnetic arc blast reminiscent of sunspot activity. However, when questioned directly about this, here was NASA's response:

"What you are viewing is (1) reflection of the bright Venus image off internal camera surfaces and (2) instrumental flaring from diffraction of the image of Venus off the edges of the multiple baffles on the front of the instrument.

The baffles are the multiple ridges at the bottom of the box, and just below the lower of the two circular optical packages near the top.

These reflections and diffraction flaring should occur from time to time as Venus nears the anti-Sunward edge of the field of view."

I don't buy it. This looks like a normally-propagating electromagnetic arc wave. No other objects seem to be affected by the "flare effects" described, which would be affecting all bright objects in the frame.

Meanwhile, the following questions remain to be asked: 1) Did a large, fast-moving asteroid glance the Venusian atmosphere and escape its gravity field or 2) was that a massive magnetic eruption on Venus?
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: AN EXPLOSION ON VENUS FILMED   AN EXPLOSION ON VENUS FILMED Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:33 am

I do think it is real as I went back and looked at it two more times. It is awesome to see.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: AN EXPLOSION ON VENUS FILMED   AN EXPLOSION ON VENUS FILMED Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:38 am

Speaking of Venus, have you seen today's Astronomy pic of the Day?

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/astropix.html

AN EXPLOSION ON VENUS FILMED Southernvortex_venusexpress

Explanation: What's happening over the South Pole of Venus? To find out, scientists have been studying images taken by the robotic Venus Express spacecraft when it passes over the lower spin axis of Earth's overheated twin. Surprisingly, recent images from Venus Express do not confirm previous sightings of a double storm system there, but rather found a single unusual swirling cloud vortex. In the above recently released image sequence taken in infrared light and digitally compressed, darker areas correspond to higher temperatures and hence lower regions of Venus' atmosphere. Also illuminating are recently released movies, which show similarities between Venus' southern vortex and the vortex that swirls over the South Pole of Saturn. Understanding the peculiar dynamics of why, at times, two eddies appear, while at other times a single peculiar eddy appears, may give insight into how hurricanes evolve on Earth, and remain a topic of research for some time. In three months, the European Venus Express spacecraft will be joined around Venus by the Japanese Akatsuki satellite.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: AN EXPLOSION ON VENUS FILMED   AN EXPLOSION ON VENUS FILMED Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:47 am

With so much going on today I have not seen this image. Excellent Mic, thanks, I love to see the vortexes all around us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AN EXPLOSION ON VENUS FILMED   AN EXPLOSION ON VENUS FILMED Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AN EXPLOSION ON VENUS FILMED
Page 1 of 1