the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Linda Hamilton (an Angel)

Go down 
+3
micjer
Biggles
raulduke
7 posters
AuthorMessage
raulduke
raulduke

Number of posts : 404
Humor : myself
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Linda Hamilton (an Angel) Empty
PostSubject: Linda Hamilton (an Angel)   Linda Hamilton (an Angel) Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 11:35 pm

A very interesting social experiment.

Maybe it was the sappy music they bring up as she enters the shot, or the fact that the host and expert call her an angel later, but I totally thought "angel" when she first spoke.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Linda Hamilton (an Angel)   Linda Hamilton (an Angel) Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:18 am

A lesson for all of us here Duke; I shall remember this hon and if in the same position will do my best to get someone the help that they need. Love ya. xo
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Linda Hamilton (an Angel)   Linda Hamilton (an Angel) Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 6:04 am

Great find Duke.

Reminds us all ..... what would we do?

There is something about the beer can , isn't there? Just passed out, so not as likely to help.

oopsb
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: Linda Hamilton (an Angel)   Linda Hamilton (an Angel) Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 12:21 pm

ms. hamilton puts most of us humans to shame
she inspires me to be better
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
zuni
zuni

Number of posts : 1319
Humor : does a fat kid miss cake ???

PostSubject: Re: Linda Hamilton (an Angel)   Linda Hamilton (an Angel) Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 7:41 am

she is a sweet soul.......

what i found most sad disterbing was how everyone walked by her without even listening to or eknowladging her at all.......

and i also found it sad and disterbing how everyone wanted to help the blond....but not the homeless guy.....

i hope someday soon all humans will be more like ms. hamilton.........

i wanted to give her a hug..... sunny
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Linda Hamilton (an Angel)   Linda Hamilton (an Angel) Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 9:49 am

sunny

well..this is very sad..and one of the reasons i live where i do
around here..if you want to draw a crowd in a hurry..
just fall down
almost everyone rushes over

sadly the larger the crowded city..the more alone you become

i don't think anyone here would have walked by

group-hug
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Linda Hamilton (an Angel)   Linda Hamilton (an Angel) Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:30 am

No doubt about it Sky. Small towns are much quicker to help out.
Back to top Go down
raulduke
raulduke

Number of posts : 404
Humor : myself
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Linda Hamilton (an Angel)   Linda Hamilton (an Angel) Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:46 am

micjer wrote:

There is something about the beer can , isn't there? Just passed out, so not as likely to help.

oopsb

I know you're just trying to get to the logic of the people who walked by Mic, but it's still a weak excuse imo. Maybe if he was curled up in a corner or something I could understand a little better, but right in the middle of the sidewalk like that? I'm sure Ms. Hamilton was aware of that kinda rationalized logic when she decided to get rid of his beer so someone would help him. Even if he had just passed out drunk though, a fall on the pavement could cause injury. I suppose there is the bystander affect at work, but that's a cop-out too imo. I just don't understand how anyone could just walk by without a second thought, I mean it literally costs you nothing but a a few moments of time, and the fact that people were so willing to help the well dressed woman, but literally sidestepped the "drunk" is super sad. For me it's definitely a sign that we have a long way to go. Sorry, I know I'm preaching to the choir here.

zuni wrote:

i wanted to give her a hug..... sunny

Me too.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Linda Hamilton (an Angel)   Linda Hamilton (an Angel) Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:27 pm

Awesome video Duke.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Linda Hamilton (an Angel)   Linda Hamilton (an Angel) Icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 10:03 pm

Here is an interesting story. Does it sound familiar?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1280887/Dying-man-left-pavement-hours-shoppers-walk-him.html

Dying-man-left-pavement-hours-shoppers-walk-him

Shoppers walked past a dying man as he lay helpless on the pavement.

The man, in his 50s, was slumped outside a busy row of shops in Eastfield Road, Peterborough, for nearly two hours before someone finally came to his aid.

A passer-by eventually dialled 999 after approaching the man to see if he needed help.

Good Samaritan Tony Poll said he felt disgusted that the man had been left there for so long and blasted shoppers for having 'no regard for human life'.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Linda Hamilton (an Angel)   Linda Hamilton (an Angel) Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 1:44 am

Reading all these will make me think twice about whether I think a male or female for that matter could be just passed out through alcohol (judging them) and I will be forming my opinion that they need help first no matter what my mind comes to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Linda Hamilton (an Angel)   Linda Hamilton (an Angel) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Linda Hamilton (an Angel)
Page 1 of 1