the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Can't Believe It's Not Buddha

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
raulduke
raulduke

Number of posts : 404
Humor : myself
Registration date : 2009-01-26

I Can't Believe It's Not Buddha Empty
PostSubject: I Can't Believe It's Not Buddha   I Can't Believe It's Not Buddha Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 8:26 pm

(video)
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/267526/march-15-2010/i-can-t-believe-it-s-not-buddha---raj-patel

Huffington Post (link)

Raj Patel, the author of the recent book "The Value of Nothing," has experienced a bizarre incarnation of the "Colbert Bump" after appearing on "The Colbert Report" in January.

Patel has apparently been discovered by a religious group called "Share International" which awaits the second coming of Buddha in the form of a Messiah they call "Maitreya." The group's religious leader, Benjamin Creme, identified the Maitreya as having been born in 1972, traveled to London from India in 1977, being dark-skinned, and having a stutter. After Raj Patel came on "The Colbert Report," and was described in an article as having briefly stuttered, Creme officially declared that Patel was the group's Messiah.

Patel spoke with Stephen Colbert last night over the phone about his recent Messiah-hood. He called the whole idea "entirely bogus," especially considering his strongly-held belief that we shouldn't rely on religious leaders to make decisions for us, but to think for ourselves. In "The Value of Nothing," Patel urges people to think about the true costs of the things we purchase, and take concrete steps towards changing the world.

Watch the vid (sorry bout the stupid commercial and popups. comedy central's website and all), I like how Raj handles the catch 22 situation Share International puts him in. We don't need great leaders, we can think for ourselves.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

I Can't Believe It's Not Buddha Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Can't Believe It's Not Buddha   I Can't Believe It's Not Buddha Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:04 pm

http://www.thecomedynetwork.ca/Displayblog.aspx?bpid=1111d62b-fbeb-41d7-a4ca-49af7d3968ca

This is the Canadian link.

This is too funny. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down

I Can't Believe It's Not Buddha
Page 1 of 1