the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook Empty
PostSubject: ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook   ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 11:31 am

I helped pay for this news article so I will post it in full :D

By online political correspondent Emma Rodgers

Posted Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:41pm AEDT

Quote :
Australia's premier spy organisation is infiltrating social media and revamping its own website in a bid to attract more young people to join its ranks.

In contrast to its usually low profile, ASIO embarked on a public recruitment drive today by extending a rare invitation to journalists to come to its Canberra headquarters.

In front of the assembled media, deputy director general David Fricker launched a new campaign to target would-be officers through Facebook and internet videos depicting a day in the life of an officer.

But the agency held back on full disclosure of information, with journalists being told that any conversations over morning tea were off the record and officers in the room could not be identified.

With his tongue firmly in cheek, Mr Fricker told journalists to take away a special ASIO showbag full of extra information and to "speak clearly and close to the bag when you have your conversation".

Mr Fricker says the new website is aimed at debunking long-held myths about the work of the ASIO officers, while making the agency more accessible.

"It's nothing like a James Bond movie - you never see James Bond doing any filing," he said.

Indeed, one officer in a video which will soon appear on the website appeared to also take the gloss off the job's perceived glamour.

"Most of the time you're sitting in your car waiting for something to happen, so that can be quite boring," she said.

"However, when things do happen it can be quite quick and quite fast-paced and the adrenalin gets going."

Mr Fricker says ASIO is looking for "high-calibre" applicants and says the selection process is highly competitive, with about 170,000 people applying last year.

The 61-year-old agency has been growing by about 170 officers per year ahead of its relocation to its new Canberra headquarters, which are currently under construction.

The 40,000 square metre building, which is costing taxpayers about $600 million, has raised some eyebrows among Canberra locals as construction continues at a massive site near the north side of Lake Burley Griffin.

ASIO has doubled in size since 2003 after playing an increased role in counter-terrorism.

lol!
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook   ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 3:17 pm

lol!

ok soma
a query from the other place..u.s. of a., i mean

is the asio stand for
austrailian secret intellegent office?
or something else...
that was just my guess

poke
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook   ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 3:41 pm

sky otter wrote:
lol!

ok soma
a query from the other place..u.s. of a., i mean

is the asio stand for
austrailian secret intellegent office?
or something else...
that was just my guess

poke

Australian Security Intelligence Organisation

BTW nice article Soma
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook   ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:06 pm

Ahh thx Reuniter on helping as I missed your question Sky :)

Sky down here the spooks as far as I know on a surface level which every tax payer forks out for are:

ASIO are the domestic spooks as far as I can gather on the surface, but that means nothing really as its all secret LOL

ASIO overview:

Code:
http://www.asio.gov.au/About-ASIO/Overview.html

Our tax also pays to have the international spooks called ASIS:

This is the official ASIS account of what they do taken directly from the horses ass:

Code:
http://www.asis.gov.au/what.html

So I guess comparing Oz agencys to the American agencys it would stand as follows:

ASIS = CIA

ASIO = FBI

As far I as can gather the USA pretty much own OZ anyway, but from searching around on the web I've found that down here that there are docs called AUSTEO which is an accronym for Australian Eyes Only.... and geeez I would love to see them if they fell off the back off a truck. lol!

Through my own research I think its way more secretive down here than in the USA. Its a great parking spot where nothing is noticed and the small population here is quite ignorant to what is really going on.

One example is look at how I blew a whistle regarding Kinetic Energy Weapons made by Boeing in Adelaide within their secret Phantom Works Program which they offically announced in 2008, and then suddenly we see a Gang Stalking Primer in Australia document floating around the usual sites LMAO. Whether its related I do not know or really frigging care, but whats interesting is how much activity the USA DoD is carrying out down here under the guise of Nasa. ANother interesting point is that there are NO whislteblowers down here, and the last major one I can think of was Stan Deyo who is....American lol!
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook   ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:15 pm

moon walk

thanks R..
and Soma
i'm laughing at you saying usa owns aus..cause china owns usa..hahahahahahah
nasty language would fit here...

but just in the last two days i have been seeing some things that make me think
it's time to stop talking and duck...the manure has been flung and the fan is on high

i have never been scared as i prefer to think i have prepared well..or as well as possible
this last two days i have made some adjustments on the supply list and will take care of it
this week...pay cash for everything....sign in nowhere..pick up after yourself
like i was just saying to someone whose e-mail got closed
i am a paranoid dinosaur..hahahahahahah

you be careful..that's an order
wave
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook   ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:27 pm

sky otter wrote:
moon walk

thanks R..
and Soma
i'm laughing at you saying usa owns aus..cause china owns usa..hahahahahahah
nasty language would fit here...

but just in the last two days i have been seeing some things that make me think
it's time to stop talking and duck...the manure has been flung and the fan is on high

i have never been scared as i prefer to think i have prepared well..or as well as possible
this last two days i have made some adjustments on the supply list and will take care of it
this week...pay cash for everything....sign in nowhere..pick up after yourself
like i was just saying to someone whose e-mail got closed
i am a paranoid dinosaur..hahahahahahah

you be careful..that's an order
wave

Mate I love what you said!

I know I have guaranteed work for the next 6 months and in the meantime I'm setting up ship back on the farm for Just in Case !

Our public debt here is freaking crazy, and one little hiccup let alone a major hiccup in the global arena will trigger a really sad sitiuation.

:(
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook   ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:30 pm

sunny

they hic'd last week...

really

duck

oh yeah..if you are contacted thur the ethers..you know the password flower
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook   ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 1:08 pm

The beatles wrote the password didnt they LOL

Love Love Love lol!
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook   ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 6:07 am

Soma you would look cool in a black suit and shades. lol!
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook   ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 7:48 am

Biggles wrote:
Soma you would look cool in a black suit and shades. lol!

I dont do suits, the only time I've worn one was when I was a page boy, so probably close to thirty years ago lol!

I'm honestly alarmed at how many applicants they recieve each year affraid
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook   ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:27 pm

I am thinking you turning up at doors looking like MIB with shades. lol!
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook   ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:04 pm

Biggles wrote:
I am thinking you turning up at doors looking like MIB with shades. lol!

Hehehe,

Maybe a Robe with shades BigSmile2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook   ASIO hunts for new recruits on Facebook Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1