the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flu shots futile: study

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Flu shots futile: study Empty
PostSubject: Flu shots futile: study   Flu shots futile: study Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 9:40 pm

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/story.html?id=2668629

Nursing Home Test; 'Didn't find' proof immunization stops virus

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/story.html?id=2668629#ixzz0hvyfz5Az
The National Post is now on Facebook. Join our fan community today.

A new Canadian-led study has added to a simmering scientific dispute over flu-shot campaigns, concluding that immunizing nursing-home workers does nothing to cut the number of confirmed influenza cases among the homes' elderly residents.

Coming at the end of the largest flu-vaccination campaign in Canadian history, the review of previous studies calls for stepped-up research into alternative, lower-tech ways to combat the virus, such as improved hand washing.

"What troubled us is that [shots] had no effect on laboratory-confirmed influenza," said Dr. Roger Thomas of the University of Calgary, lead author of the paper published by the respected Cochrane Library.

"What we were looking for is proof that influenza ... is decreased. Didn't find it. We looked for proof that pneumonia is reduced. Didn't find it. We looked for proof deaths from pneumonia are reduced. Didn't find it."
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: Flu shots futile: study   Flu shots futile: study Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 9:49 pm

man oh man, the white hats and the black hats MUST be dukin' it out behind the scenes...
is this MSM for canada, mic?
this is the part i REALLY like:

"What we were looking for is proof that influenza ... is decreased. Didn't find it. We looked for proof that pneumonia is reduced. Didn't find it. We looked for proof deaths from pneumonia are reduced. Didn't find it."

cheers
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: Flu shots futile: study   Flu shots futile: study Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 10:04 pm

Yep major national newspaper. Similar to US Today!

Gotta like it .

I hope my son's biology teacher reads this article. He wrote an essay a month ago on the reasons for not taking the swine flu shot.. I thought he had done an excellent job.

Anyways she only gave him a 65 because she said his references were not from scientific sources, only peoples' opinions.

The best part of it though was she allowed Jeremy to present his essay to the class along with a couple of excellent you tube vids. The classmates really got an eye opener and were thanking him for bringing the information out in the open. Can't ask for anything more than that I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flu shots futile: study   Flu shots futile: study Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flu shots futile: study
Page 1 of 1