the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THE BEST STUDY BIBLE

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

THE BEST STUDY BIBLE Empty
PostSubject: THE BEST STUDY BIBLE   THE BEST STUDY BIBLE Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:14 am

Is found here http://www.companionbiblecondensed.com/

This site is the EW Bullinger site. A man that spent his whole life, 50 years putting together the best study Bible ever.

The reason I think this is because this version of the King James Bible does not have Bullingers commentaries of what he thinks the verses say, so this is not a commentary Bible as so many of them are.

Bullinger takes the original language and gives you all the key words to see what the words actually mean, and he leaves HIMSELF out of it as to his personal conclusions.

He only teaches what it says in the language, not what he thinks.

It is called the Companion Bible, and for the greatest knowledgeable Bible there is, this is it.

This Bible has 198 greatly researched indexes as Bullinger was a master scholar at languages, Biblical numerology and many other areas as well including Biblical astrology.

The indexes alone would be a true treasure.

Here is a page for numbers reference and other things related to Bullinger.

http://philologos.org/__eb-nis/

Unfortunately I have not found the indexes that are found in the back of the Companion Bible hard copy.

These indexes show the genius of the man and the great work he did, but I have not found free versions of the indexes yet.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST STUDY BIBLE   THE BEST STUDY BIBLE Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:54 am

heard of, but never read.

might have to have a quick look.
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

Number of posts : 1319
Humor : does a fat kid miss cake ???
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST STUDY BIBLE   THE BEST STUDY BIBLE Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 6:45 am

what about the nag hammadi library ??? the missing gospels that are suposedly very different then the bible......they are thought to be a more truthful acount of jesuses teachings.....

have you studied them ??

here is a bbc documentry on these missing gospels........i do not trust bbc but it does offer some insite to these missing texts.....
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST STUDY BIBLE   THE BEST STUDY BIBLE Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 6:54 am

Yes I have Zuni, some are good and some are not, but nevertheless good reading. I still have a few to yet read.

Thank you for the video.
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST STUDY BIBLE   THE BEST STUDY BIBLE Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 7:15 am

im watching the video now.....i started it yesterday....... i find it intresting...... ive been intrested in the nah hummadi library sins i heard terrence mckenna speak of it.....

i used to folllow the essene teachings.......and im also intrested in the cathars...... i spent some time in languedoc a region in south france where alot of cathars lived....... amazing......

the two teachings have alot of similarities....... of all the teachings these two really resonate with me........
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST STUDY BIBLE   THE BEST STUDY BIBLE Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 7:20 am

zuni, just for fun, try crossing cathar/essene systems with taoist systems.

is interesting.
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST STUDY BIBLE   THE BEST STUDY BIBLE Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 7:38 am

stal....... i enjoy reading the tao........ and one intresting common thread i found is that the students of these three teachings strive to live outside of/away from society....... to become more grounded and centered.........
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST STUDY BIBLE   THE BEST STUDY BIBLE Icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 9:05 am

good point z, good point.

-------

edit to add - pretty sure you know more about this than me anyway :)
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST STUDY BIBLE   THE BEST STUDY BIBLE Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 9:18 am

Thanks for the links Gabes. My grandma has the KJ bible which I've tried to read and too be honest, I would like to keep it... but I'm sure there is a religious fanatic on my dads side that has already claimed it LOL

Is there a direct translation from Aramic to English when it comes to the Bible? (sorta like the tibetan book of the dead..one degree of language seperation compared to seven)

Zuni there is so much similiarity between all ancient teachings that one does have to wonder... ;)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE BEST STUDY BIBLE   THE BEST STUDY BIBLE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE BEST STUDY BIBLE
Page 1 of 1