the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Strong quake hits Taiwan

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Strong quake hits Taiwan Empty
PostSubject: Strong quake hits Taiwan   Strong quake hits Taiwan Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 8:40 pm

get your party hats on and store up some first aid stuff and water..well maybe that mmn i bought will come in handy now..

warp

affraid

Strong quake hits Taiwan, knocks out power
At least 1 injury reported but no major damage; rail service halted

msnbc.com news services
updated 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
TAIPEI - A powerful 6.4-magnitude earthquake rocked southern Taiwan on Thursday morning causing buildings to sway hundreds of miles to the north. Local news reports said at least one person was injured.

The epicenter of the quake, which struck at 8:18 am (0018 GMT), was in mountains around the southern city of Kaohsiung at a depth of 5 km (3 miles), the Central Weather Bureau said. Kaohsiung is about 249 miles (400 kilometers) south of the capital Taipei.

Residents in Taipei could feel buildings shake, and the quake caused power outages. The island's high-speed rail service was suspended, Taiwan's cable news stations reported.

rest is here.>>.. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35698325/ns/world_news-asiapacific
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Strong quake hits Taiwan   Strong quake hits Taiwan Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 10:53 pm

Ok guys and gals. Lets call a spade a spade. What's going on in this world lately?

Is the Shite hitting the fan as expected?

I must confess that as much as I believe it is going to happen, it still kinda surprises me when it does. Part of me I guess is in denial yet things are happening. Gregg Braden's latest vid comes to mind.

http://www.consciousmedianetwork.com/members/gbraden2
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Strong quake hits Taiwan   Strong quake hits Taiwan Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 4:50 am

great braden vid, mic, thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Strong quake hits Taiwan   Strong quake hits Taiwan Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:39 am

I'm on my hotline to Formosa and the report from Taipei is that the building my reporter on the ground was in shook for about a minute, later at 5pm there was another small earthquake. Thankfully my reporter is all ok, felt a little dizzy during the big one though! love

Mic the year definetley seems to have started with a shake, knowing my reporter over in Taiwan for about 5-6 years its common to hear a report of a earthquake a couple of times a year. Having said that its almost like all the activity is becoming normal for this year.

Come to think about it, does anyone have a link to the earth expanding theory?

Hey did you guys read george yesterday and that email he posted with the explosive force data of the earthquakes? Was quite amazing. (The pyramid info aswell!!!!)
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Strong quake hits Taiwan   Strong quake hits Taiwan Icon_minitimeThu Mar 04, 2010 8:21 pm

affraid
when you look at how many quakes are popping..yeah i think the manure is being tossed..
those blue squares are today..go to the link for a better view

Latest Earthquakes in the World - Past 7 days
Worldwide earthquakes with M4.5+ located by USGS and Contributing Agencies.
(Earthquakes with M2.5+ within the United States and adjacent areas.)

Strong quake hits Taiwan World_11

Instructions
•Hold your mouse over an earthquake to see its magnitude.
•Click on an earthquake for more information.
•Click on a location to go to a region map.
•Did You Feel It? - Report an earthquake
Tips
•To convert UTC to US time zones, see this list or this table.
•Magnitude = ? for new earthquakes until a magnitude is determined.
•Maps show events recorded in the last 7 days with M2.5+ within the United States and adjacent areas, M4.5+ in the rest of the world.
•Maps are updated whenever a new earthquake has been located. Try to reload this page if you do not have the most current map.
Earthquake Lists
•M2.5/4.5+ Earthquake list
•M5+ Earthquake list
World Regional Maps
•Africa
•Asia
•Australia
•Europe
•North America
•South America
•South Pacific
•West Hemisphere
•East Hemisphere
•North Hemisphere
•South Hemisphere

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACKNOWLEDGMENTS — Collaborating seismic networks and data sources

DISCLAIMER — The maps and lists show events which have been located by the USGS and contributing agencies within the last 7 days. They should not be considered to be complete lists of all events M2.5+ in the US and adjacent areas and especially should not be considered to be complete lists of all events M4.5+ in the world. The World Data Center for Seismology, Denver (a part of the USGS National Earthquake Information Center) continues to receive data from observatories throughout the world for several months after the events occurred, and using those data, adds new events and revises existing events in later publications. For a description of these later publications and the data available, see Scientific Data.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Past
Past 8–30 daysSignificant EarthquakesEarthquake Lists & MapsSearch for an EarthquakePresent
Real-time - USAReal-time - WorldwideAbout Earthquake MapsKML / RSS Feeds & DataEarthquake NotificationsSeismogram DisplaysEarthquake AnimationsDid You Feel It?ShakeMapsPAGEREQ Summary PostersFuture
Earthquake ScenariosPredictionProbabilitiesLocation
Info by StateInfo by Country/Region
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strong quake hits Taiwan   Strong quake hits Taiwan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Strong quake hits Taiwan
Page 1 of 1