the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Haiti earthquake: No food, no water...

Go down 
+5
Somamech
Lightning222
WineHippie
sky otter
micjer
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Haiti earthquake: No food, no water... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haiti earthquake: No food, no water...   Haiti earthquake: No food, no water... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 9:30 am

the way it COULD be

Dr. Paul Farmer has been in service to haiti for more
than 20 years.... i thought about putting him in the
"heroes" section, but he is so relevant here in this thread.....

Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: Haiti earthquake: No food, no water...   Haiti earthquake: No food, no water... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 10:19 am

The Fateful Geological Prize Called Haiti

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=17287

Haiti, a new Saudi Arabia?

The remarkable geography of Haiti and Cuba and the discovery of world-class oil reserves in the waters off Cuba lend credence to anecdotal accounts of major oil discoveries in several parts of Haitian territory. It also could explain why two Bush Presidents and now special UN Haiti Envoy Bill Clinton have made Haiti such a priority. As well, it could explain why Washington and its NGOs moved so quickly to remove-- twice-- the democratically elected President Aristide, whose economic program for Haiti included, among other items, proposals for developing Haitian natural resources for the benefit of the Haitian people.

In March 2004, some months before the University of Texas and American Big Oil launched their ambitious mapping of the hydrocarbon potentials of the Caribbean, a Haitian writer, Dr. Georges Michel, published online an article titled ‘Oil in Haiti.’ In it, Michel wrote,

… .[I]t has been no secret that deep in the earthy bowels of the two states that share the island of Haiti and the surrounding waters that there are significant, still untapped deposits of oil. One knows not why they are still untapped. Since the early twentieth century, the physical and political map of the island of Haiti, erected in 1908 by Messrs. Alexander Poujol and Henry Thomasset, reported a major oil reservoir in Haiti near the source of the Rio Todo El Mondo, Tributary Right Artibonite River, better known today as the River Thomonde. [8]

According to a June 2008 article by Roberson Alphonse in the Haitian paper, Le Nouvelliste en Haiti, “The signs, (indicators), justifying the explorations of oil (black gold) in Haiti are encouraging. In the middle of the oil shock, some 4 companies want official licenses from the Haitian State to drill for oil.”

Now if the US had wanted to take over Haiti they would have bombed the crap out of the country and moved their army in to secure the airports and key stategic areas of the country. They would take out the opposing government and put in their men and woman to take charge. By doing this they would have the world totally against them.

......However make a "natural disaster" happen, you have the approval of the masses !!!!!!

Remember what I said....Follow the money!
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Haiti earthquake: No food, no water...   Haiti earthquake: No food, no water... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 3:57 pm

How on earth they can justify burying babies under rubble for 10 days, starving innocent people, no clean drinking water; then make themselves look good by sending in help, words fail, they just fail.
Back to top Go down
day
day

Number of posts : 1193
Humor : dry, witty
Registration date : 2009-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Haiti earthquake: No food, no water...   Haiti earthquake: No food, no water... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 6:55 am

US Military Nowhere To Be Found In Port-au-Prince

By Dolores M. Bernal
NEWS JUNKIE POST
Jan 30, 2010 at 2:49 pm

Haiti earthquake: No food, no water... - Page 2 Tentci10

Reporting from Haiti

You have to be in Haiti to see for yourself that no where in Port-au-Prince are troops present or actively helping survivors.

No Aid In Port-au-Prince

I have been driving all week around Port-au-Prince taking photos of the destroyed homes and buildings and as I’ve gone from one end of this city to the other, the US is military is only found at the airport — nice and secured behind those gates.

Meanwhile, the UN and its white Jeeps are driving all around this city, but I haven’t seen them stop at any particular location to give food or water. Where is all the aid going, if any?

Michel David Stephan is a 22-year-old Haitian university student who has not been able to continue his studies because the campus has been badly damaged. I asked him what he thought of the UN.

“We call them ‘tourists’ because they don’t do nothing,” Stephan told me.

I also asked Stephan what he thought of the US military.

“They are tourists too, they only come to take pictures,” he said.

The only people present and actively helping on the ground are members of relief organizations, but there aren’t enough of them.

Haiti earthquake: No food, no water... - Page 2 Njp_co10

As a journalist my job is to try to provide answers, but I find myself scratching my head too. The troops are not seen at the tent cities or shanty towns — are they tanning at the beach? That’s a big maybe.

In many parts of Port-au-Prince you see people selling and providing services. They are trying to go back to a normal life, but right next to a bank, there is a tent city and when you drive around at night, you see people camping out where ever there is space. Do they have a full belly? Most likely not. Would they appreciate the help? No doubt.

There is a big propaganda machine spitting out lies that the Haitians are happy to see Americans everywhere, but those Haitians must be the ones living in the United States. Here what you see are signs with phrases like: “We need food and water,” “We need medicine.”

Haiti earthquake: No food, no water... - Page 2 Haiti_10

I drove by the Presidential Palace this afternoon, the scenes were even more chaotic there. Downtown Port-au-Prince was hit stronger than other places I had been — the government buildings were flattened like pancakes, floors were stacked up on top of each other. The place smells of dead, the survivors are forced to live like rats packed up on a landfill.

No Follow-Up Care

I’ve spoken with doctors and nurses who are concerned with what will happen to the survivors once the relief organizations have to pull them out.

“Who is going to take care of the amputees?” asked Dr. Eric Salado, an Orthopedic Surgeon from Miami. “Who is going to give follow up care to the people who got stitches and will need them removed a month from now?”

I have more questions: Can it be that the aid to Haiti will only lasts as long as the news cycle? Would Haiti be abandoned again once all CNN and other TV reporters go back to Miami, New York, and Los Angeles?

If the US and the UN fail to come through for Haiti, the country will have an entire population of people who are missing limbs and can’t fend for themselves since many of them have lost relatives.

Haiti earthquake: No food, no water... - Page 2 Njp_ph10

“I had a little girl who lost two fingers during the earthquake,” said Luis Ramos, a Physician Assistant from Pittsburgh. “A relative brought her in because the girl was complaining of pain in her hand. When I took off the bandage and saw what she had, I put the bandage back on and told her to go to a hospital right away,” Ramos said. “The little girl had gangrene all the way to her wrist. They will have to amputate her arm.”

Ramos told me that the little girl was only 18 months old and because of lack of follow up care after the initial treatment, this girl will grow up having only one arm.

EXTRA: An Interview With A Haitian-American Nurse

While I was getting something to eat in Delmas, I ran into a group of Haitian American nurses and doctors from the United States. I wanted to get their reaction to the earthquake and relief efforts.

“I thought I was going to be seeing military everywhere.”
Listen to the interview, click here for the MP3 (4 mins 9 secs)
http://newsjunkiepost.com/2010/01/30/us-military-no-where-to-be-found-in-port-au-prince/

Dolores M. Bernal will continue writing from Haiti for the News Junkie Post this week.

Follow Dolores M. Bernal on Twitter
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Haiti earthquake: No food, no water...   Haiti earthquake: No food, no water... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:28 am

Quote :
No Aid In Port-au-Prince

I have been driving all week around Port-au-Prince taking photos of the destroyed homes and buildings and as I’ve gone from one end of this city to the other, the US is military is only found at the airport — nice and secured behind those gates.

Meanwhile, the UN and its white Jeeps are driving all around this city, but I haven’t seen them stop at any particular location to give food or water. Where is all the aid going, if any?

What a farse. All of the donated money not getting to where it was intended. Pretty important to secure the airport. poop

The US (and the UN) couldn't give a rats ass about the suffering natives. They just want their natural resources. The evilness in these people is so evident when you see them in action.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: Haiti earthquake: No food, no water...   Haiti earthquake: No food, no water... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:37 pm

This really is a sad state of affairs.

Micjer a video you posted about Princess Diana and Prince William continued into another part I watched about a UN massacre in Haiti back in 2005. These 'Peacekeepers' (what a joke of a name) 350 of them opened fired in Cite Soleil and killed many civilians.

Quote :
The international medical group Doctors without Borders, reported 26 people from Cite Soleil were treated for gunshot wounds at St. Joseph's hospital following the UN operation on July 6. According to reports, 20 of the injured were women and children and one pregnant woman lost her child during surgery. Many wounded and untreated victims of gunshot wounds are reported to be hiding in Cite Soleil. They fear leaving the area to seek medical treatment for fear of reprisal by the UN and the Haitian police

You can read the full article -

http://www.haitiaction.net/News/HIP/7_12_5.html
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: Haiti earthquake: No food, no water...   Haiti earthquake: No food, no water... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:43 pm

Here's the video, I think all up they said 23 people died.

Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Haiti earthquake: No food, no water...   Haiti earthquake: No food, no water... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 2:18 pm

About the only good thing to come out of this earthquake is getting haiti into the news and awareness of what has been going on in this hell.

I watched that doc on the massacre also. terrible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haiti earthquake: No food, no water...   Haiti earthquake: No food, no water... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haiti earthquake: No food, no water...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2