the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO

Go down 
+5
Somamech
Lightning222
micjer
Northern Boy
Gabriel
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO Empty
PostSubject: ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO   ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 2:37 pm

The greatness of John Lennon became apparent to a love starved world. I tried to post a good picture of him but cannot figure out how to do it.....LOL A true computer whiz...

Here is a link

http://imaginepeace.com/news/archives/4313
Back to top Go down
Northern Boy
Northern Boy

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO   ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:39 pm

I` agree with you whole heartedly Gabe but when you think about how John and Yoko fought against the established for all of john`s life the threats and accusations the attempted deportation. We all now that his assassination was a mind control thing . The problem i have is not with what John has done . But its sad to look at how Yoko has switched to the very side John and her opposed their whole lives . I`m sure if John was alive he would not be very happy to see this . But John was a brilliant man never to be forgotten . I still remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard about his being shot.

here is a video of a little known band that John played in called the DIRTY MAC John and Eric Clapton on Guitars Playing Bass the Rolling Stones Keith Richards and on drums from the Jimmy Hendrix Experience Mitch Mitchell

Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO   ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:36 am

Have to post this in tribute....

Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO   ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 8:31 am

Yoko always gave me an eerie feeling. When I first heard that she might have been his handler it clicked for me. I don't think we're going to see another John L. in this lifetime, he was original and brilliant. He knew the dangers out there and I almost got the feeling he was aware something was going to happen to him.

He was the heart of the group "The Beatles".
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO   ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 9:37 am

Great vids!

Damn I'm going to bring the Beatles into this equation as... Sheesh the Love Album is Brilliant.

This video is by no means what the Album Sounds like but hey its well worth the admission price if you can afford it. ( or get someone to send you a mix tape) ;)

I love this version of Strawberry Fields which I guess aint so suprising to you guys given that i have said i may become a Strawberry Farmer in Taiwan one day LOL

Back to top Go down
Northern Boy
Northern Boy

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO   ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:06 am

Ah the Love album excellent album a remix of Beatles songs done with a twist . This was a collaboration of former Beatles Producer George Martin and his son . All songs have like I said a twist on them giving them a new sound . Very well done
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO   ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:18 am

Northern Boy wrote:
Ah the Love album excellent album a remix of Beatles songs done with a twist . This was a collaboration of former Beatles Producer George Martin and his son . All songs have like I said a twist on them giving them a new sound . Very well done

cheers

George and his Son bought John and the Beatles back into modern context cheers

So happy to see another Love fan there Nth boy :)
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO   ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 12:17 pm

it was around this day, 29 yrs ago, that my son was conceived......
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO   ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:38 pm

Great comments all around and I could not have said it better. Especially for the conception of a child by winehippie....LOL, that would be memorable...LOL and a great milestone for you too remember WH.

I am convinced he was killed by government assassination, because Mark David Chapman's family, his dad and mom were personal friends of George H.W. Bush, what a co-ink-e-dink.

The government tried to deport Lennon for years. I would love to have the money to be able to send off for Lennon's FBI file, but I suspect that it has been classified and sealed.

Although you and me can send off for a copy of our personal FBI files by simply paying for the processing fees I'll bet Lennon's is not for release at any price.

They had to shut him up as he had to much influence on the youth and he was into peace so intensely.

Anyway a great man died that day and Yoko has become part of the establishment as you said so well Northern boy, and Dirty Mac was one of my favorite bands, I only wish they would have cut more records back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO   ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:38 pm

Great comments all around and I could not have said it better. Especially for the conception of a child by winehippie....LOL, that would be memorable...LOL and a great milestone for you too remember WH.

I am convinced he was killed by government assassination, because Mark David Chapman's family, his dad and mom were personal friends of George H.W. Bush, what a co-ink-e-dink.

The government tried to deport Lennon for years. I would love to have the money to be able to send off for Lennon's FBI file, but I suspect that it has been classified and sealed.

Although you and me can send off for a copy of our personal FBI files by simply paying for the processing fees I'll bet Lennon's is not for release at any price.

They had to shut him up as he had to much influence on the youth and he was into peace so intensely.

Anyway a great man died that day and Yoko has become part of the establishment as you said so well Northern boy, and Dirty Mac was one of my favorite bands, I only wish they would have cut more records back in the day.
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO   ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 3:23 pm

I am 45. I wasnt into John Lennon until post my "awakening" then I got what it was about.

However there was a funny thing: about 4 years before that I was on holiday in Greece and I met someone who was crying on the beach. I asked them what they were crying about and they said John Lennon was killed. This was about 3 years on from the actual date of his murder.

At that time, I was also in a distracted state of mind (a friend of mine had just told me that she had an abortion and was very confused/emotional about it - and it was affecting me at the time).

The end result of this is I ended up sitting on the beach in tears as well, crying about a man who had died that I didnt even really know or understand the significance of.

Since then I have had the opportunity to listen to interviews by him, all his records and read some of his poetry. John Lennon was an amazing human, also I'd say some of Yoko's material at the time was also very powerful and bang on at the time.

Basically - I realise - post facto - that his death was a complete loss for the world.

The man who sang about peace, can rest in it.

A..
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO   ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 4:12 pm

WineHippie wrote:
it was around this day, 29 yrs ago, that my son was conceived......

Winehippie, I love the little castle in your hand....
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO   ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 6:50 pm

tx gabe, me too.... and i love flashing back to 1964
when my a m transistor radio was under my pillow
and i could hear john lennon and the beatles as i fell
to sleep, and my parents never knew
this was before headphones, OMG
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO   ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 9:52 pm

Great videos everyone and thanks for the blessing. John Lennon died the right way. Paul McCartney another Beatle that is great in his own right and a wonderful person was KNIGHTED by the Queen of England, and Paul became a "sir". This is the day I stopped liking Paul McCartney as a "average person", like john was.

John Lennon would have never kneeled down before the establishment as Paul, excuse me, "SIR Paul" did.

Paul stopped being a Beatle on that day as far as I am concerned. He folded to the whims of the establishment.

Please understand I grew up with that group as a young person an the thought of john Lennon Kneeling down for the queen makes me a little sick feeling, and the great man of peace would have never done it in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

Number of posts : 709
Humor : No thank you
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO   ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 10:44 pm

Possibly the best song writer of all time!

lol look who is to the left of John in this pic, THEY are everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO   ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 10:58 pm

NEW WORLD ORPHAN, WOW I never heard that cut before. I don't get out much. I think you should be anointed the music video guy of the day.....LOL Thank you for sharing the video I never saw before....awesome dude.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO   ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 10:58 pm

NEW WORLD ORPHAN, WOW I never heard that cut before. I don't get out much. I think you should be anointed the music video guy of the day.....LOL Thank you for sharing the video I never saw before....awesome dude.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO   ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 10:59 pm

well here we go again, flood control law breaker....LOL I guess it's in my genes.
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

Number of posts : 709
Humor : No thank you
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO   ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:13 pm

I know right , its pretty sick! gives off a bit of a different vibe.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO   ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 12:38 am

I know this life is so much fun and danger it is awesome how we all come to the truth. it is also a trip on acid as to how we all experience alternative realities in our dreams and other avenues.

It is fun to live and more fun to die. Please understand why I said this. Physical death is a good thing. it is part of the natural process, I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO   ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 1:29 pm

Is that John Kerry with the man himself????

Nice thread Gabe
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO   ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 3:32 pm

Thanks reuniteR.... I believe it is John Kerry the snake himself
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO   ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ON THIS DAY 29 YEARS AGO
Page 1 of 1