the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Avalon reverts to FREE forum

Go down 
+5
New World Orphan
Biggles
Lightning222
micjer
Reunite
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Avalon reverts to FREE forum Empty
PostSubject: Avalon reverts to FREE forum   Avalon reverts to FREE forum Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 2:31 pm

Get ready Anchor, should be interesting

Quote :
5 December 2009

• Avalon Forum to revert to FREE:

We are having our Avalon Web Admin convert the Avalon Forum to a free forum. The following message will be posted on the forum shortly:

Hi to all,

First of all, we want to sincerely thank all those who have purchased subscriptions to our Avalon Forum. After one year of operation as a subscription forum, we have decided that the contributions to our work generated out of this subscription format are not substantial enough to warrant continuing with the subscription-based model. Therefore, whereas, the money from subscriptions has helped to make our work possible and for that we thank everyone very much, we have found that donations (and other means tbd) are a better way to raise money in order to continue our work. Therefore, henceforth, this AVALON FORUM is now FREE for all those who wish to participate.

Note: We are in the process of expanding Project Camelot and hope to create more revenue streams going forward. Any assistance or advice in this area would be welcome. Feel free to send email with suggestions.

Thank you all for your patience and dedication to our work and this mission.

Love and light,

Kerry and Bill
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: Avalon reverts to FREE forum   Avalon reverts to FREE forum Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 3:57 pm

I didn't like the idea of having to have a paid subscription in the first place , but it did get rid of alot of the very neagative posters and ones that like to gang up on people.

Whether they come back will be interesting.

bigw
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Avalon reverts to FREE forum   Avalon reverts to FREE forum Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 4:35 pm

It's the nature of the beast mic, if you want a free speech forum then you have to deal with the individual natures of people.

I would be tempted to return if I could tolerate the doom and gloom posters, they're nice people but they seem to thrive or compete on who can post the most disturbing news. Face it, we know what's out there it isn't pretty but we need to find our own beauty everyday. Having got that out of my system, there are a couple of threads I do follow there.

It seems odd to me that this news was posted on another forum before Avalon. Maybe Bill and Kerry will return to posting there when it's financially beneficial.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Avalon reverts to FREE forum   Avalon reverts to FREE forum Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 5:03 pm

Groan,

I know that I will be going to have a look see to see what their up to, and I know who will be there as they have been from the start. Mmmmh.
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

Number of posts : 709
Humor : No thank you
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Avalon reverts to FREE forum   Avalon reverts to FREE forum Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:29 pm

I hope their forum becomes free again. We should all join and say we are all from the fraggle rock crew. And say we have secret powers, lol , get a cult following.

No, but I really do hope it becomes free again. I kind of miss it. Tons of crazy ass people all under one roof, making stuff up and other people taking it seriously. And then there was I , making fun of them all. It was good times.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Avalon reverts to FREE forum   Avalon reverts to FREE forum Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:55 pm

What an original idea. lol!

Could we play more than one character?
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: Avalon reverts to FREE forum   Avalon reverts to FREE forum Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:58 pm

I thought you were still a paying member of P/A Mic, you didn't know about them going free soon. Much love to you friend, just enquiring hon. xo
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Avalon reverts to FREE forum   Avalon reverts to FREE forum Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:10 pm

Biggles wrote:
I thought you were still a paying member of P/A Mic, you didn't know about them going free soon. Much love to you friend, just enquiring hon. xo

Ya I didn't know until today. I paid for a year last Jan. There are some good people there. The ones that got under my skin left a long time ago. I truly felt there were some on there that meant to create disorder on purpose. wave
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Avalon reverts to FREE forum   Avalon reverts to FREE forum Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:24 pm

Sleep

well avalon started with such a good idea (we all thought so) and swelled quickly to large numbers...
then spin offs everywhere for all kinds of reasons...
sooo
it should be verrrrrrry interesting to see how it goes in it's reincarnation, huh?

i haven't read at the forum for some time but go to the front page every so often to see what is up over there
and the latest grab for cash for travel just makes me think of the tele evangalists

i wonder if we all went in as fraggle rockers in need of cash to continue our cave lives what would happen?

i really like your idea NWO...we can be the orange and green ones.. lol!

party on kerry !...party on Bill !

letz party

Last edited by sky otter on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: Avalon reverts to FREE forum   Avalon reverts to FREE forum Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 8:29 pm

nwo it's free now.
Back to top Go down
raulduke
raulduke

Number of posts : 404
Humor : myself
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Avalon reverts to FREE forum   Avalon reverts to FREE forum Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 1:59 am

I find it somewhat hard to believe that PC couldn't foresee the relatively limited revenue stream that the subscriptions would provide, which honestly is just what I thought would happen. I almost want to go post an "I told you so" thread. At the time of the first switch my thinking was a wash with possible ulterior motives, but now I'm starting to see it simply as misjudgement. In any case, I wish PA the best of luck and I suppose I'll go poke my head in sometime soon. I'm interested to see if there will be as much influx as others are predicting.

In all sincerity, good luck Anchor.
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Avalon reverts to FREE forum   Avalon reverts to FREE forum Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 3:26 am

So what we all knew happened. The subscription idea failed to achieve its goal.

Avalon is free again.

I don't want to predict the outcome at this stage ;)

There is always the chance that the level of disorder will increase, we shall see. We recruited some new moderators recently so that should help.

A..
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

Number of posts : 709
Humor : No thank you
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Avalon reverts to FREE forum   Avalon reverts to FREE forum Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 6:13 pm

Anchor when you say "we", does that mean your a moderator as well?
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: Avalon reverts to FREE forum   Avalon reverts to FREE forum Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:09 pm

NWO, I have been over there to have a look see and Anchor is a mod. He was a mod when I left quite a while back hon.
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Avalon reverts to FREE forum   Avalon reverts to FREE forum Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:33 pm

I am a moderator there. I also happen to be the other administrator there - I was asked to be a back up for Gareth after Colin left.

A..
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: Avalon reverts to FREE forum   Avalon reverts to FREE forum Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:15 am

I don't know how you handle your normal work plus all that stuff on P/A, plus the farm etc, Your one busy boy A. xo
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Avalon reverts to FREE forum   Avalon reverts to FREE forum Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 4:59 pm

Seems to be offline at the moment.

[ ] Funny (well not really) how the free membership has already brought back some "interesting" folk that are very head strong in their beliefs.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Funny how some want everyone else to see the world exactly as they do. Well that just will not happen in this lifetime or any lifetime for that matter.

soapbox
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: Avalon reverts to FREE forum   Avalon reverts to FREE forum Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 5:05 pm

Ooh, that's not great then Mic, I suppose you had some quiet time when it was a paid forum and now you've got everyone and his dog and cat back with their personalities and opinions. I dunno
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Avalon reverts to FREE forum   Avalon reverts to FREE forum Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 5:07 pm

sunny

glad you posted that M..i thought it was my 'puter
cause i didn't think they would crash it THAT fast...

and i agree with you 100%
flexibility is the key

toast
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

PostSubject: Re: Avalon reverts to FREE forum   Avalon reverts to FREE forum Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 5:09 pm

So you all think its down because of the all the people coming back maybe then?
Back to top Go down
Northern Boy
Northern Boy

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Avalon reverts to FREE forum   Avalon reverts to FREE forum Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 5:21 pm

its going to be an interesting ride over there sever crash already I thought they bought their own mic you know anything sbout this. or are the renting space on one ?? :bonkers:
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Avalon reverts to FREE forum   Avalon reverts to FREE forum Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 9:39 pm

I know nothing. Anchor probably could answer that, but he is likely busy.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Avalon reverts to FREE forum   Avalon reverts to FREE forum Icon_minitimeTue Dec 08, 2009 9:42 pm

Biggles wrote:
Ooh, that's not great then Mic, I suppose you had some quiet time when it was a paid forum and now you've got everyone and his dog and cat back with their personalities and opinions. I dunno

Right on Bigsy!

Funny how it worked really. We didn't want the subscription fee, yet it did get rid of the problem folk. Now that they are back ...... well you know!

swordsman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Avalon reverts to FREE forum   Avalon reverts to FREE forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Avalon reverts to FREE forum
Page 1 of 1