the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?

Go down 
+7
sky otter
Dean Plejaren
bilderburger w/cheese
zuni
Linda
Gabriel
micjer
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Empty
PostSubject: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:42 am

Just wondered if anyone has reread the handbook. I downloaded it onto my computer. The other day my internet was down, so I reread the book. I found it amazing how things make so much more sense now than the first time I read it. Some things just kind of went over my head, yet now are much clearer.

I guess that is why it is called a handbook!

abductedg
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:18 pm

Hello micjer,

Yes I read it as well and found it very useful.
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

Number of posts : 2496
Humor : Of Course!

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:54 pm

There is something useful in everything. Always decide what is truth by first asking your inner self.
Back to top Go down
http://wheresoulsreside.com/
zuni
zuni

Number of posts : 1319
Humor : does a fat kid miss cake ???

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 1:42 pm

Linda wrote:
There is something useful in everything. Always decide what is truth by first asking your inner self.

words of wisdom ......
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:48 am

Project Camelot has a new George Green talk from Equador.

click on link and scroll down below george's picture and click on "George's 2 1/2 hour presenation"

http://www.projectcamelot.org/

goodluck
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 9:09 am

hey thanks micjer....i never go to pc anymore for smoe reason i don´t remember.....but i do want to see if george has anything intresting to say........ thankyoub
Back to top Go down
bilderburger w/cheese
bilderburger w/cheese

Number of posts : 94
Humor : available upon request
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 9:47 am

micjer: every time we read the Handbook, we are more understanding and aware of concepts that we hadnt known as well before. the information provided in the book makes sense on a deeper level each time around.

i think on the first time, only 50% of the material sticks. the second time around, we pick up more information. its fascinating. ive opened the book randomly and found the chapter to be pertinent to the situation at hand each time. amazing.

the books have taken me on several different directions. the Handbook mentioned being in the Now and the ego, so im fully exploring those realms right now. i am reading 'take me to truth undoing the ego' and its fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Dean Plejaren

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 7:11 pm

hahaha

bilerburger w/cheese

Are you sure it's a new paradigm or that this book can teach you twice like the never ending story that changed? Like a very impressive new one? Cause I don't think it's that new wise or impressive or the way to the future. I think that's a big exaggeration getting excited about a lot of hot air and the wrong way forward, as it's the same results as before. The new paradigm isn't a book that you preach or a particular philosophy....However great it may be written. We already have the bible for holy sayings.....I think all the great poets have said it....Yes even divination systems where you open the page and it talks to you.

What is really new is that it can't be in a book and sold as a package and preached as the all wise solution. That isn't new....That isn't a new approach or real change. The mentality is the same. Even if you talk about escaping it and ego it's still the same mentality.

I just couldn't believe how my life changed when I started to think for myself....I'm fully exploring those realms.....

What would you say to that kind of awakening in people? Is the book still relevant? No I think they would look to Zday instead and make a real effort to change their lifestyle.

We are the solution......not a new book. Another thing on the shelf that we cling to because it ses "A new thing to follow".

Not this time.....We see clearly the final irony. We seek a balance now and to really start listening to what empowers us and living that instead. From whichever source it comes.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 10:15 am

geeeeee..i didn't get the handbook...just like i didn't come with an experation date...

scratch you mean all this time i have been stumbling around and there was a handbook..damn..

where is this handbook , i would like to see what chapter i am in now.. 😕

must have taken too many naps Sleep
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 10:25 am

Sky, you crack me up.... too funny
Back to top Go down
bilderburger w/cheese
bilderburger w/cheese

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 10:39 am

dean:

instead of discussing why i enjoy the Handbook, id rather talk to you about the other book i mentioned in my post called "undoing the ego".

there are two parts to us, the Unified-self and the ego-self. the unified-self is the universal mass consciousness we have with one another and with the Source. its based on the familiar concept that we are all One. the ego-self is our insane concept of existence that we are all separate beings.
long ago, depending on what you would believe, a separation occurred where we stopped listening to the Unified-self and focused only on the ego-self.

for us to reconnect with the Unified-self, we need to deprogram our ego projections, which in which we are rarely aware. all of these ego projections are a result of our beliefs, based from experiences we have had. we create our own reality through ego projection, and a reflection of that projection comes straight back to us. none of that is real. its an illusion that the ego has created. the only thing that is real is the Unified-self and What is. basically, we do not know our best interests because we are listening to the ego, and we can establish that the ego is insane for deceiving us in believing we are separate individuals, and fortifying this belief through guilt and fear, both originating from the original separation from the Unified-self. the ultimate goal is to break free from this ego and reconnect with the Unified-self, which is Truth. that Truth is the state of being called Love.

as we grow, we end up with an ego that is deeply entrenched in us. it has given ourselves mistaken identity beliefs in order to maintain its position of power. these include, but are not limited to:

- judgment. ego fuel... guilt to the core.
- over-identification with role, status, job, family, relationships
- over-identification with possession "mine", "me", "yours"
- beliefs, opinions, and attitudes
- education
- experience
- preoccupation with thoughts of the past and future
- being dominated by having or becoming
- the illusion that one is special
- resistance
- attachment

all of these are basically a Call to Love (the State of Love). once the ego is recognized and slowly dissolved, we can then move on and start applying concepts of the Unified-self which the ego would find unconscionable:

- giving is receiving
- withholding judgment
- allowing things to happen
- minding our business and respecting others` business (and respecting the Sources
business)
- complete personal responsibility (of our thoughts and actions)
- living solely in the Now
- quantum forgiveness-- the ability to forgive and overlook ego error in others
- gentleness
- tolerance
- acceptance
- being in a state of gratitude
- recognizing that others`attacks are simply a Call to Love. we cannot ever be attacked.
- open-mindedness

the final state of ego-release means that we understand that we are all spiritual beings who have remembered all of these concepts again. we understand that there is only One of us here.
there is no right and wrong, because there is no judgment. there is only What Is.

in my journey to embrace this path to understanding, this post is my gift to you.
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 11:18 am

bilderburger w/cheese wrote:
dean:

instead of discussing why i enjoy the Handbook, id rather talk to you about the other book i mentioned in my post called "undoing the ego".

there are two parts to us, the Unified-self and the ego-self. the unified-self is the universal mass consciousness we have with one another and with the Source. its based on the familiar concept that we are all One. the ego-self is our insane concept of existence that we are all separate beings.
long ago, depending on what you would believe, a separation occurred where we stopped listening to the Unified-self and focused only on the ego-self.

for us to reconnect with the Unified-self, we need to deprogram our ego projections, which in which we are rarely aware. all of these ego projections are a result of our beliefs, based from experiences we have had. we create our own reality through ego projection, and a reflection of that projection comes straight back to us. none of that is real. its an illusion that the ego has created. the only thing that is real is the Unified-self and What is. basically, we do not know our best interests because we are listening to the ego, and we can establish that the ego is insane for deceiving us in believing we are separate individuals, and fortifying this belief through guilt and fear, both originating from the original separation from the Unified-self. the ultimate goal is to break free from this ego and reconnect with the Unified-self, which is Truth. that Truth is the state of being called Love.

as we grow, we end up with an ego that is deeply entrenched in us. it has given ourselves mistaken identity beliefs in order to maintain its position of power. these include, but are not limited to:

- education
- experience
- resistance
- attachment

all of these are basically a Call to Love (the State of Love). once the ego is recognized and slowly dissolved, we can then move on and start applying concepts of the Unified-self which the ego would find unconscionable:

- giving is receiving
- withholding judgment
- allowing things to happen
- minding our business and respecting others` business (and respecting the Sources
business)
- complete personal responsibility (of our thoughts and actions)
- living solely in the Now
- quantum forgiveness-- the ability to forgive and overlook ego error in others
- gentleness
- tolerance
- acceptance
- being in a state of gratitude
- recognizing that others`attacks are simply a Call to Love. we cannot ever be attacked.
- open-mindedness

the final state of ego-release means that we understand that we are all spiritual beings who have remembered all of these concepts again. we understand that there is only One of us here.
there is no right and wrong, because there is no judgment. there is only What Is.

in my journey to embrace this path to understanding, this post is my gift to you.

you nailed exactly what i am trying to do on my journey...
your lists are right on point

i started to investigate the idea of my ego when i joined
eckhart tolle for discussion of his book "A New Earth" during
Oprah's first global online gathering... he seems to have nailed
the ego thing, too, and his teaching makes sense to me.....

here is an interview, quite recent, 2/15/2009
and it's in MSM!

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/CelebrityCafe/story?id=6884584&page=1
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 4:57 pm

I really enjoyed reading the handbook however I'm not 100% convinced it was channeled through an entity that is not of this world.

I could be wrong but references to Hollywood films, what may happen for the Y2K millennium bug and certain brands of artifcal sweeters made myself feel it was a human's message. To whatever degree the message did resonate with me.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 5:26 pm

Reunite wrote:
I really enjoyed reading the handbook however I'm not 100% convinced it was channeled through an entity that is not of this world.

I could be wrong but references to Hollywood films, what may happen for the Y2K millennium bug and certain brands of artifcal sweeters made myself feel it was a human's message. To whatever degree the message did resonate with me.

You have a very valid point. I never really gave it much thought. Maybe the ET's have Direct TV onboard!!

lol!
Back to top Go down
pilgrim

Number of posts : 554

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 10:42 pm

Hiya People,
I hope you are all well and in a relaxed mood and anything I write here will be taken
as food for thought and an alternative perspective rather than argumentative.
I never thought I would agree with Dean's post, (well, 80%) but he put's across some
good points. The Zday stuff is just as iffy as Green's handbook, but that's a different
topic.

Bilderburger W/cheese,
I hate typing and it would take me too long to put into words, a full rebuttal to 'your statements'
in reply to Dean's post.
Anyhow I just can't let it pass without comment.., so here's a wee bit.
Your post reads no different to a fundamentalist christian in reply to someone opposing
the bible according to whatever version.., the only difference is your bible is a more modern
version written by a living person, i.e Eckhart Tolle and his merrymen.
You would appear to have swallowed the 'new age' so-called 'new' spirituallity hook, line and sinker..,
with nothing other than...........well, nothing really! So forgive me if my perception of your post is wrong
when I disagree with the following;

" dean:

long ago, depending on what you would believe, a separation occurred where we stopped listening to the Unified-self and focused only on the ego-self. "

To me unified means parts brought together to make one. Part of me is physical, another part is emotional and another is mental,
(personally, I'm mainly mental.) but the important part of me..in fact the whole of me, is spiritual.
I can't prove that to you or anyone., nor do I want to, but 'I' know.
My spirit has chosen to inhabit this body for sixty years so far, and in that period my spirit has grown so much, especially in the latter half of that period, thanks to the physical, emotional and mental joys and anguish this body has experienced.
If one part of the physical was missing, the experience would have been different.
If my emotional being had been different, the experience would have been different.
If my mental processes were different, then...
Each part of the three were, and are, in constant conflict with each other. For example, my brain and feelings would love to climb the mountain behind my house, just as I did years ago, but my physical condition says "no!" and so the three make a decision as a unit..a unified whole!, one...,without really thinking about it. And so with the other parts, in any combination, to whatever task life brings. The healthy body just knows.
When imbalance occurs in either part, that is sickness.. or dis-ease, but overall things are kept in check.
As a family member, the same logic pertains. As it does as a member of community, society or humanity.
Thus, we have the whole.., mass consciousness if you like.

Just as the heart, lungs,liver, etc are necessary to the physical., then so is the ego to the brain and emotions.
As I've said elsewhere, the ego is part and parcel of the personality.., without it we are bland., robots/mechanical.
Why on earth would I want to get rid of a healthy part of my being??...........Unless a sick part of society had ulterior motives! An out of control part of that "societal body" that wanted to control the other parts or members of that "societal body".

" for us to reconnect with the Unified-self, we need to deprogram our ego projections, which in which we are rarely aware. all of these ego projections are a result of our beliefs, based from experiences we have had. we create our own reality through ego projection, and a reflection of that projection comes straight back to us. none of that is real. its an illusion that the ego has created. the only thing that is real is the Unified-self and What is. "

So according to the above quote we should get rid of our beliefs and experiences and become a blank page, to not question nor be discerning, nor have opinions. After all opinions and discernment evolve through ego projections, through experience.., which of course is wrong, isn't it? Only my opinion.....shit!....there goes that ego again., sorry.!
It's all an illusion, the only thing that is real is the Unified self and What is.
But if you have no opinion based on experience and a belief system....how do you know what is real and what is the What is?
Oh. sorry again.., a guru told me, and he must be right mustn't he? I mean he talks nice and says things I can nearly understand.
If I had an ego., I would say, " Didn't the old style religion talk in riddles without proof and prey on peoples hopes and aspirations?"

Wouldn't the so-called PTB love that.., unquestioning robots?
But no, surely these 'Guru's can't be working with them, I mean they seem like such lovely people!

" basically, we do not know our best interests because we are listening to the ego, and we can establish that the ego is insane for deceiving us in believing we are separate individuals, and fortifying this belief through guilt and fear, both originating from the original separation from the Unified-self. the ultimate goal is to break free from this ego and reconnect with the Unified-self, which is Truth. that Truth is the state of being called Love."

EXCUSE ME?

But I think I DO KNOW what is in my best interest and yes I DO LISTEN to my ego. My ego is healthy BECAUSE I listen to it.
That way it doesn't run amok.
And NO we haven't established that the ego is insane. Where is this Truth you speak of in the above statement?

Then you say;

" it has given ourselves mistaken identity beliefs in order to maintain its position of power. these include, but are not limited to:

(Judgment = Ego= Guilt.) What?? Are you kidding?
- education
- experience
- resistance
- attachment.."

These are all taken from a false premise that the ego is insane, unbalanced and should be dissolved.
I would have to be insane to believe this nonsense.
I am going to leave the rest of the post because I find it incredible that anyone that is supposedly "awake" can believe this claptrap.

I know some of you will find this post totally contradictory to your personal beliefs., and that is fine.
But I do hope you have not found it offensive, and before you burn me at the stake, please give me a reasoned reply
based on your own judgment rather some cliché from a new age priest in disguise.

Yours in loving ego and spirit,
Tom.
Back to top Go down
Dean Plejaren

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 1:43 am

bilderburger w/cheese that ego philosophy. It's not really something that can contain my beliefs fully either. It's not completely adequate or fool proof. But believe me I have contemplated this well and truly before....You are not presenting me with a new thing. But bless you for sharing your knowledge. And pilgrim also has some insight on this....

I understand what tolle is saying and I agree with using the philosophy in a balanced productive way. But you are taking those concepts a little too far creating problems where there does not need to be that degree of an issue about it because then it starts to destroy other aspects of expression....All those things you mentioned are part of life in different arrangements. You are simply categorizing them into the philosophy.

The concept of ego is an ego creation in itself don't forget. I do appreciate what you are saying but it's definitely not something new that I haven't taken into account already and deeply considered.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 12:18 pm

pilgrim wrote:
Hiya People,
I hope you are all well and in a relaxed mood and anything I write here will be taken
as food for thought and an alternative perspective rather than argumentative.
I never thought I would agree with Dean's post, (well, 80%) but he put's across some
good points. The Zday stuff is just as iffy as Green's handbook, but that's a different
topic.

Bilderburger W/cheese,
I hate typing and it would take me too long to put into words, a full rebuttal to 'your statements'
in reply to Dean's post.
Anyhow I just can't let it pass without comment.., so here's a wee bit.
Your post reads no different to a fundamentalist christian in reply to someone opposing
the bible according to whatever version.., the only difference is your bible is a more modern
version written by a living person, i.e Eckhart Tolle and his merrymen.
You would appear to have swallowed the 'new age' so-called 'new' spirituallity hook, line and sinker..,
with nothing other than...........well, nothing really! So forgive me if my perception of your post is wrong
when I disagree with the following;

" dean:

long ago, depending on what you would believe, a separation occurred where we stopped listening to the Unified-self and focused only on the ego-self. "

To me unified means parts brought together to make one. Part of me is physical, another part is emotional and another is mental,
(personally, I'm mainly mental.) but the important part of me..in fact the whole of me, is spiritual.
I can't prove that to you or anyone., nor do I want to, but 'I' know.
My spirit has chosen to inhabit this body for sixty years so far, and in that period my spirit has grown so much, especially in the latter half of that period, thanks to the physical, emotional and mental joys and anguish this body has experienced.
If one part of the physical was missing, the experience would have been different.
If my emotional being had been different, the experience would have been different.
If my mental processes were different, then...
Each part of the three were, and are, in constant conflict with each other. For example, my brain and feelings would love to climb the mountain behind my house, just as I did years ago, but my physical condition says "no!" and so the three make a decision as a unit..a unified whole!, one...,without really thinking about it. And so with the other parts, in any combination, to whatever task life brings. The healthy body just knows.
When imbalance occurs in either part, that is sickness.. or dis-ease, but overall things are kept in check.
As a family member, the same logic pertains. As it does as a member of community, society or humanity.
Thus, we have the whole.., mass consciousness if you like.

Just as the heart, lungs,liver, etc are necessary to the physical., then so is the ego to the brain and emotions.
As I've said elsewhere, the ego is part and parcel of the personality.., without it we are bland., robots/mechanical.
Why on earth would I want to get rid of a healthy part of my being??...........Unless a sick part of society had ulterior motives! An out of control part of that "societal body" that wanted to control the other parts or members of that "societal body".

" for us to reconnect with the Unified-self, we need to deprogram our ego projections, which in which we are rarely aware. all of these ego projections are a result of our beliefs, based from experiences we have had. we create our own reality through ego projection, and a reflection of that projection comes straight back to us. none of that is real. its an illusion that the ego has created. the only thing that is real is the Unified-self and What is. "

So according to the above quote we should get rid of our beliefs and experiences and become a blank page, to not question nor be discerning, nor have opinions. After all opinions and discernment evolve through ego projections, through experience.., which of course is wrong, isn't it? Only my opinion.....shit!....there goes that ego again., sorry.!
It's all an illusion, the only thing that is real is the Unified self and What is.
But if you have no opinion based on experience and a belief system....how do you know what is real and what is the What is?
Oh. sorry again.., a guru told me, and he must be right mustn't he? I mean he talks nice and says things I can nearly understand.
If I had an ego., I would say, " Didn't the old style religion talk in riddles without proof and prey on peoples hopes and aspirations?"

Wouldn't the so-called PTB love that.., unquestioning robots?
But no, surely these 'Guru's can't be working with them, I mean they seem like such lovely people!

" basically, we do not know our best interests because we are listening to the ego, and we can establish that the ego is insane for deceiving us in believing we are separate individuals, and fortifying this belief through guilt and fear, both originating from the original separation from the Unified-self. the ultimate goal is to break free from this ego and reconnect with the Unified-self, which is Truth. that Truth is the state of being called Love."

EXCUSE ME?

But I think I DO KNOW what is in my best interest and yes I DO LISTEN to my ego. My ego is healthy BECAUSE I listen to it.
That way it doesn't run amok.
And NO we haven't established that the ego is insane. Where is this Truth you speak of in the above statement?

Then you say;

" it has given ourselves mistaken identity beliefs in order to maintain its position of power. these include, but are not limited to:

(Judgment = Ego= Guilt.) What?? Are you kidding?
- education
- experience
- resistance
- attachment.."

These are all taken from a false premise that the ego is insane, unbalanced and should be dissolved.
I would have to be insane to believe this nonsense.
I am going to leave the rest of the post because I find it incredible that anyone that is supposedly "awake" can believe this claptrap.

I know some of you will find this post totally contradictory to your personal beliefs., and that is fine.
But I do hope you have not found it offensive, and before you burn me at the stake, please give me a reasoned reply
based on your own judgment rather some cliché from a new age priest in disguise.

Yours in loving ego and spirit,
Tom.
Tom, why are you beating around the bush and please just tell us what you really think? lol!
It's important to realize that gurus and books all have SOME truth in order for the public to follow them. The hard part is knowing which parts are the lies.
They want everyone in the group think so that they won't resist.
We must have a fighting spirit and individuality is our strength.
I can see you question everything, aren't deceived and will stand your ground. Good on you.
Back to top Go down
bilderburger w/cheese
bilderburger w/cheese

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 8:35 pm

hi pilgrim. i have absolutely no issue with anyone who is willing to discuss this subject as long as there is no arguing or belittling one for believing it. in fact, good dialogue is the best way to learn. ive only read pleasant posts from you, so i am happy to have this exchange in the hope that we both may benefit.
lastly, let me say that i am not an expert on this. this is only what ive ascertained thus far.

i understand what you are saying about being "unified". what you wrote makes sense. allow me to explain a bit more. two things need to be understood before we go farther:

1. we are all One on a higher level. universal mass consciousness.
2. we are all particles of the Source contemplating our existence.

i do not have scientific proof on hand of these concepts, but they do resonate with me. if i come across evidence to back up these claims, ill be sure to return to this thread with examples.
one thing i can say is that we are all One simply makes sense from a scalar fractal point of view. weve got particles, atoms, molecular compounds, DNA, cells, beings, all the way up to universe(s). on a molecular level, we are all made up of the same substances the same way we are all made up of one awareness on a consciousness level. after all, the universes primary substance IS consciousness. thats been proven recently by quantum mechanics. as scientists look for things in the universe, they will continue to find them because of the simple act of looking. its the Law of Intent, basically, on such a small scale that it works immediately. additionally, one can investigate the double slit experiment, where physicists discovered that same principle.

greg braden and michael tsarion have delved into ancient history and mythology and found many references to a time when humans were quite different than they were today. braden has no answers as to when these humans switched to such an ego-driven mentality as his sources are unclear, but tsarion has said that the ego kicked into full gear after a cataclysmic earth change in the distant past. his evidence from mythology, the 'Book of Enoch' and spoken stories of native peoples claims that there was such an upheaval that most of humanitys mind split and created the ego to deal with survival. we are talking an upheaval of biblical proportions. the sources speak of lakes boiling, things being vaporized, fire in the sky, etc. basically, a nuclear-type war scenario or a pole shift. tsarion argues (any tsarion expert please correct me here) that it was a war between the atlanteans and the lemurians.

tsarion says that this trauma initiated the ego-self, via this mental breakdown. witnessing hell on earth and almost the extinction of man would certainly do it, in my opinion.

the ego book i am reading says that mankind has always been linked with the unified self, but that eons ago, there was a separation and ego took hold. the book admits that it doesnt know when or how this happened, but tsarions views seem to fit.

pilgrim, you stated that your view of the unified self was half physical and half mental. i have no issue with that. however, the unified self, as referenced by the book, defines it as the universal consciousness. this goes straight back to the fact that we are all One. certainly we have both a physical and a mental dimension to us, but we are dealing only with the mental aspect. almost all of what you wrote does not conflict with my ego post.

you claim that without the ego we are all bland; robots. i believe without the ego we are in a very specific state of being known as Love. the concepts of humor and fun can coexist in this state as long as they arent to the detriment of another.

its my opinion that most of the fourth and fifth density beings have grasped this and apply it without any thought. what we have here on 3rd density earth is a pretty sick society where people dont think twice about harming another person. although some say that the level of consciousness is steadily improving, the ego mentality rules on this planet. ''me, more, now!''

you mentioned the ''beliefs'' as being part of the ego. i am having trouble with this one, too, but the fact that i am having trouble with it and readily admit it and am open to correction is a perfect example of how any belief should be discarded as none of us have all the answers. thats discernment. once beliefs and get hardened into concrete block, the ego uses them as a foundation of protection.

do note, though, that a thread of ego should remain in ourselves to function on the planet. even the book readily admits that.

you said, "excuse me? i think i know my own best interests..." there are 3 kinds of business. my business (between me and myself), your business (between you and yourself), and the Sources business (everything else). i dont know your best interests. only you do. :) i can say, though, that my own best interests should not be governed by my ego.

lets get back to the establishing that the ego is insane.

some things to illustrate this statement:

- we are obsessed with two things: having and becoming. accomplishing either of those will never bring happiness, as we will never be satisfied. yet, the ego forces us onward.

- we are forced to define ourselves through things, accomplishments, status, etc. (all listed in your reply) that severely limit us. through our ego, we depend heavily upon them to form our sense of self. without these, we dont know who we are.

- we create our own reality: we are responsible for the life we create for ourself. through the egos attack/defend and judgments, we can never really be at peace, can we? yet the ego continues this cycle.

so the ego has us on a path of never being satisfied, not really knowing who we are, and in a state where we can never finally be at peace. the ego can never satisfy us, yet it runs the show in our mind. our ego will never find the source of our misery because it IS the source of our misery!

further, the ego creates a projection of what we want to see. just like looking at an illusion where the picture can be either a jumble of shapes or a woman or a horse (depending on what you focus on), the ego projects a reality outside itself which it sees and judges to be. it then reinterprets what it sees and then reacts to it.
continuing the example, if a person was given that picture who had an aversion to horses, he might see the horse in the picture, make a judgment that this was done deliberately to him, and react to it by yelling when in reality he was given a picture with a jumble of shapes.

we are not our thoughts and emotions. emotions and thoughts are 'What Is'. they just 'are'. its in the same file folder as "shit happens". the ego, though, reacts to our thoughts and emotions, and that reaction is the problem. so, allowing the ego to run our minds-- which we have (hopefully) established will never bring us peace, never fulfill us, and creates a false reality for us by misinterpreting things-- is insane.

i could cite more examples, but this post is already long enough. im not even sure youve read this far down. :)

Denoument...

so, do i believe this ''claptrap''? rather than believe or not believe, ill say that it makes sense to me, and that i am in the process of applying much of it with discernment. the gist of the book is awareness of ones ego. i think we can both agree that ego awareness is important rather than allowing ones ego to run rampantly unchecked.

again, no offense was taken in your post. instead, i found it to be a reasonable argument. by the way tom, if i did take offense to your post, then my ego would be to blame, as it would be reacting defensively to my belief rather than allowing it to pass through me. :)

blessings for your highest good (another time, perhaps),
matt
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:02 am

i have to admit that i have not ever read this book. probably wont either. no offense to anyone :)
Back to top Go down
pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 2:36 pm

Hiya Matt,
Thanks for responding to my post and I do agree with the first two principles,

" 1. we are all One on a higher level. universal mass consciousness.
2. we are all particles of the Source contemplating our existence. "

I also agree with the scalar fractal viewpoint.., it does indeed make sense as does the
quantum mechanics and "Slit" experiments etc. I have no problem with that and I welcome
the closing of the gap between spiritually minded people and science, thanks to modern day
physics. I have little knowledge of physics, but I try........yes I'm very trying I know!
I've read Braden and my fellow Belfastman, Tsarion. A lot of what they say seems like the truth to me,but I also find some misquotations and things that are very presumptuous in the books.
So, as Linda has said, I take what is true for me and leave the rest with an open-mind.

My problem is the interpretation of the two points mentioned.
People that really don't know are putting forward arguments based on assumptions with a
smidgeon of scientific, historical and mythological 'data'. It all makes it sound plausible, but
in reality, has no foundation. Not only that, but they are creating a schism in the 'community' by introducing a hierarchy.., that is, those that believe them will ascend to the 5th 'plane' whilst Joe Muggins here will be left in the 3rd density. Divide and conquer.
Didn't the churches say the same thing regarding heaven, hell, limbo and purgatory? I would be more impressed if these people had the humility and honesty to say, " Look, we don't know., but this could be the way..... ". I would be further impressed if they gave me next weeks winning lottery numbers based on the same assumptions. :)

To advocate that humanity should live in a certain manner to obtain a higher level of spiritual being, based on " dissolving " part of their innate human being, is not only presumptuous, but downright egotistical in the extreme.
We have problems as a race, we have problems with our emotions and our current collective paradigm.
But they are not problems that will be solved by eradicating part of us, rather by bringing those parts into balance...to make them healthy again. With proper education ( not indoctrination), children taught how to think not what to think. The benefits of co-existence and harmony with all things.
To cherish and love ones own being for the magnificence it is.
These are achievable aspirations to which our slave-masters don't want us to obtain. So they keep us in constant state of flux.
It is the "outside influences" that we need to eradicate or dissolve.
The "beings", whether they be human or not, that are gaining from our dis-ease, our imbalance.
The people we have allowed to put us in a state of chaos spiritually, emotionally and mentally. (& physically)

Matt, again you have given some examples why the ego is insane. But unfortunately the examples are from an insane ego. It's like showing me Africans and saying everyone is black. You have placed suppositions and assumptions in every sentence, which is not proof.
You then come to a conclusion based on these wrong suppositions.

Dénouement.

If people were to participate in discussion without rancour and a willingness to have an open-mind, without the need to be right, taking knowledge to ponder upon from the written word, not the personality, then the world would have less strife.
All the best!
Love in spirit, Tom
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 3:55 pm

stal wrote:
i have to admit that i have not ever read this book. probably wont either. no offense to anyone :)

me, either

maybe we can get the cliff notes.....
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 4:31 pm

the thing that gave me a red flag was in book one "a letter to garcia"

that really put me off.......
Back to top Go down
bilderburger w/cheese
bilderburger w/cheese

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 5:49 pm

hi tom,

the ego book (and i suppose all of this genre) has very little hard scientific evidence. its the same as the bible-- one has to take a leap of faith with a lot of the information. coming from a physical scientific background myself, i wish i could throw out some equations and statistics that would prove some of the stuff, but its all soft-science and intangibles. wilcock makes several references to children having a third strand of DNA, yet he has never offered to show a photograph of this. collier talks in-depth about the andromedans, but never comes to any of his lectures with physical evidence-- alien metal or material not of this world, although hes been on their craft many times. do you not believe either of them because of it?

collier once stated that the andromedans told him, "its not so much what you believe as why you believe it." i think that rings true here, but can completely understand if its not enough for you.

those in the mind/consciousness/ego genre should do as you say: admit that they do not know all the answers and are simply giving their opinion of what they believe is true. unfortunately, most of the world doesnt know, but it never stops them from giving their opinion. just look at the last american presidential election. :)

you make plenty of good points; many of which i cannot defend-- at least at this point in the book. this book has most of its information from 'a course in miracles' ("ACIM"), which seems to have quite a following... at least from the reviews ive read on amazon.com. from the quotes in the book, i probably wont read it. they throw too much "god" into everything, which is a turn-off to me, probably due to my atheist past.

ill have to disagree with you on the dissolution of part of the human mind. as far as i am concerned, the human mind runs amok and, as some buddhist monks say, "we have a monkey brain", meaning that our brain and thought patterns jump around and cannot focus. too many stray, random thoughts. our mind is completely undisciplined and uncontrolled. we allow our thoughts take us in too many directions. it can be brought under control, though, not necessarily by the ego material, but through meditation or martial arts training, or something of that sort. tolle appears to cover some of this material.

i dont have the proof or the expertise to answer your density question. im not qualified enough to answer it, either. id be very interested in reading sanats viewpoint on it, though.

regardless of whether or not you agree with breaking down ones ego, the book does help one become aware of his/her thoughts which are directly translated into actions. it teaches us to think about why we feel a certain way before we simply react. learning to become aware of how often we judge others as well as the concept of "what is" was worth the price of the book for me. just the concept of "what is" has kept me from blowing my stack several times on the road today. it allows me to stay in observer mode and not get emotionally wrapped up in things in which i have no control.

blessings for your highest and best good,
matt
--------

winehippie, i suppose my posts are a rudimentary Cliffs Notes for the book, sans the material on Unified Relationships which i never covered here. most of it appears overlapped with tolles work, as you already know.
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:15 pm

hiyas matt cheesey

i really don't know, but i sense and i feel...
there is so much info, so many papers and books,
etc that i must rely on intuition as to where to go
and what tunnel to turn down... it's quite the maze

i really have enjoyed observing the ego, in myself
and in others, and by staying in observe mode as
you mention, i really have been able to get rid of
a lot of baggage and by that i mean, i am mostly
(not 100% yet) done with right and wrong, judgements
and habitual responses - really quite a load off!
Back to top Go down
pilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2009 12:32 pm

Matt,
A good honest and insightful reply. I liked the Collier/Andromedan quote which must always
be kept in mind when taking on board any new information.
Regarding different densities, well my take on that is; if our thoughts and actions are not
malicious, but more loving, then our frequency will rise thus enhancing or making it easier to
prepare our being for the evolutionary change in vibration that will take us to the next level of
the spiritual journey that we are on.
Could be totally wrong., but hey, nobody's giving out prizes. If nothing happens, then at least
you'll get loads of people at your funeral 'cos you were a nice guy! :)

Enjoy your journey,
Tom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?   Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Have you read the Handbook for the New Paradigm ---Again?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next