the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine !

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine ! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine !   Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine ! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 9:32 am

Wollemi, its sure nice to have you with us my friend toast

My dad was lucky enough to recieve one of the first batch of seedlings from the findings of the Wollemi and he loves his to bits and understandably so ;) . My dad still to this day is the dude that planned and organised the largest direct seeding project in Australia along with his wife. He makes me very proud he woke up LOL

Ok... Enough of that ramble I say and Scroll forth to the Juicy link of Plant Life and the Good People here :)

Quote :
The Wollemi Pine is one of the world's oldest and rarest plants dating back to the time of the dinosaurs. With less than 100 adult trees known to exist in the wild, the Wollemi Pine is now the focus of extensive research to safeguard its survival. Assist in the conservation effort by growing your own Wollemi Pine and becoming part of one of the most dramatic comebacks in natural history.

The largest known Wollemi
:

Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine ! 1259516437050226200

Obtain more knowledge here on the good soul; Wollemi
;P

http://www.wollemipine.com/index.php

rainbow

Last edited by Somamech on Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Getting the pic right LOL)
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

Number of posts : 2496
Humor : Of Course!
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine !   Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine ! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 12:52 pm

Wow Soma, you must be very proud! Thanks for the link.toast
The name of the pine is very interesting:

Wollemi is an Aboriginal word meaning "look around you, keep your eyes open and watch out".
Back to top Go down
http://wheresoulsreside.com/
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine !   Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine ! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 3:23 pm

cheers

ah Soma
wow..thank you for posting this...i've been trying to narrow it down for a specimen pine in one corner..this may be it
i need to read a bit more but from what i checked out it shouldn't be too cold here..

and just today i was gifted with a bag of ginseng seeds...so yyyyaaaaahooooooooo

your dad sounds cool...and very awake

wave

and a big boo hoo.. i don't think i can get one shipped to the states...maybe by spring i will have figured out how to get some seeds
i'm pretty good at starting seeds...
still a neat tree...
my other choice was a cedar
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine !   Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine ! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 10:21 am

Hey so cool mateys and thanks for the good vibes reagarding my Dad as it does mean a lot to me as we were estranged due to a miss-marriage-matchup LOL (long story in itself and why I always give my dad high fives in a text way when I talk about him as the poor bugger had it in him all along he just was in a shite marriage with a cheating asshat of a human being my mother who turned me against him for about ten years with blatant lies about her so called humanity whilst using spirituallity as her excuse) That is no way in all a rant against women or spiritual pursuits as I don't really view life that way as all i saw once I recieved both sides i saw what she was up to.

Anyway hows this for Two old mates getting back together through father/son.....and Sky I am not sure if you are in USA or Canada but it seems you can buy a Wollemi in Canada matey :)

cheers

Email to Dad

Thee esteemed Wollemi‏:

Holy cow I was at a nursery down here in over populated Melb town on Saturday and saw the esteemed plant selling for $49.95.... Now doesnt that rock your boat guys!!!! :)

Its little things like finding a rare plant and seeing it prosper again that make me smile. It does make me wonder about a guy from Katoomba who claims some Puma sightings are infact what would be known as extinct Australian Animals?

You see science and what is known as rational thought would have said the Wollemi was dead and gone yet it was hiding under our nose's. Puma's or wild beasts of Koori land in very low numbers ?

Anyways guys I thought you would love to know that I saw the Wollemi in Melbourne ;)

Shane

SPECIES SAVED PARTY TIME :)

Dads Reply LOL

hi mate, we have one in a pot, Judith gave me one of the first release ones so that means we have the oldest of the saved species, we saw some in pots at a market in Vancouver in 2007, they were selling for about 30 or 40 bucks, the world is about to be over run by aussie trees or should I say Gondwana trees.

I think its very likely some of the strange animal sightings are of rare natives thought extinct.

lot's of love
Dad & Judith

BigSmile2
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine !   Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine ! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 3:40 pm

ah soma
what some parents do to their children..sigh..glad you have it in hand
and
i am in the states..western Pennsylvania, to be exact...

i'm kinda into trees..the squirrels plant walnut and oak in the garden and flower beds and every year i dig them out and take them into the woods to find a nice new home..i keep having to go out further each year ..lol

right now i have 52 northern pine tree starts..i made a meditation bench under the mother tree and mulched around it..tossing the falling pine cones onto the mulch...walla..baby trees..hahahahah i'm not sure what i will do with them..they grow to 100 ft. and a spread of about 40 or 50 ft..so they are not native to around here..hopefull i can find enough folks who want them in thier yards...

thanks for sharing your story and about the trees..

wave
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine !   Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine ! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 4:13 pm

sunny

here's my tree..not full grown yet..maybe someone would like a little two inch high baby..om me..pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee...lol

it's the bigger one..i didn't know it would get that large..sigh..
Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine ! Hpim6410

you can see the two flats sitting there with the little trees
the smaller pine is a blue spruce...they were seedlings sent from the arbor day society about 12 years ago
Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine ! Hpim9010

the start of the years pine cones

Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine ! Hpim5510
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine !   Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine ! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 4:37 pm

Hey Shane thanks for sharing your tree story with your Dad

Nice pics sky :)
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine !   Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine ! Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:39 am

What a wonderful story. The tree is beautiful I wouldn't mind having a few around here. Pine trees and white birches are my favorite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine !   Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome back to Thee Wollemi Pine !
Page 1 of 1