the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

YouTube Phasing Out Accounts, Google Login Will Be Required

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Linda
Linda

Number of posts : 2496
Humor : Of Course!
Registration date : 2009-01-23

YouTube Phasing Out Accounts, Google Login Will Be Required Empty
PostSubject: YouTube Phasing Out Accounts, Google Login Will Be Required   YouTube Phasing Out Accounts, Google Login Will Be Required Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 12:55 pm

Can someone please help explain this new system to me.
When I went to sign in on youtube, my email address suddenly showed up as the user and I was asked for my google password.

I don't believe I have a google password unless it is asking for my youtube password. I didn't try it yet and just wanted to know how I should proceed.
Does this mean I have no choice and will have to use this google sign in now?

Why do I feel that this new system isn't for our benefit. hmmmmm
Thanks.

I just found this link and really don't understand it even after reading the comments. scratch

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/youtube_google_accounts.php

[Updated]
Written by Marshall Kirkpatrick / October 28, 2009 2:55 PM / 6 Comments

YouTube has begun warning users that they will soon be required to login with a Google account, instead of their old YouTube accounts. Just as people freaked out when Flickr changed the locks on the doors and required a Yahoo account to get in, you can bet that this is going to make some people very angry.

User generated content communities tend to have a very particular culture. If and when they get bought out, all kinds of issues arise around cultural differences and control. Seldom is this as clear as when old logins at a site are no longer accepted and users are required to get an account with the big powerful company that bought the community.

Update: YouTube contacted us after publication to clarify that this change is only required of people who previously chose to associate an additional Google account with their existing YouTube account and have continued to sign in with their old YouTube username and password.
Those users will now be able to use either their YouTube username or their Google username but will be required to use only their Google password to log in.
This is the kind of thing that happens sometimes when companies have to merge associated accounts for a single service - but people who haven't tied a Google account to their YouTube account will see no change. We apologize for getting the story wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://wheresoulsreside.com/
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Phasing Out Accounts, Google Login Will Be Required   YouTube Phasing Out Accounts, Google Login Will Be Required Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 2:21 pm

This is centralization of data. Google was started with CIA money way back when. it is not good for anybody. It is just tightening down on the internet by the government.

Just more control.

I would not be surprised to see them eventually stop forums as well or restrict them so much that you will not participate.

It is more divide and conquer.
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Phasing Out Accounts, Google Login Will Be Required   YouTube Phasing Out Accounts, Google Login Will Be Required Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:00 pm

Yes, I know. flaming

So does this mean I will have to create a new google account?

Or should I first contact them in case I already did one because my email address does show up in the box and perhaps I forgot that password?

I tried using the one I had at youtube and it's not the same password. scratch
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Phasing Out Accounts, Google Login Will Be Required   YouTube Phasing Out Accounts, Google Login Will Be Required Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:09 pm

I not sure how to advise anyone on this you tube thing. I'm really a dumb ass about You tube as I have no account there??

I know you are smart enough to start your own Tube expression on the web. Does it take a lot of money to start something like a You Tube? It would be cool to have your own....LOL that they couldn't control. devil or angel
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Phasing Out Accounts, Google Login Will Be Required   YouTube Phasing Out Accounts, Google Login Will Be Required Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 12:08 am

Well, finally I figured out how to sign on to my youtube account! whew Sometimes I am such a dunce.
Me start one, Gabe? HA! I wish.
Hopefully somebody else will someday, but I doubt that would ever be allowed if you know what I mean. Sigh....
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Phasing Out Accounts, Google Login Will Be Required   YouTube Phasing Out Accounts, Google Login Will Be Required Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 6:07 am

I noticed your post on the D I forum. Good for you.

wave
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Phasing Out Accounts, Google Login Will Be Required   YouTube Phasing Out Accounts, Google Login Will Be Required Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:46 am

micjer wrote:
I noticed your post on the D I forum. Good for you.

wave

Here I go again, what is the D I forum ?
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Phasing Out Accounts, Google Login Will Be Required   YouTube Phasing Out Accounts, Google Login Will Be Required Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 10:56 am

Thanks mic. I am hoping it will help open up third eyes and hearts before the coming changes. toast

Brother, it's the David Icke forum.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Phasing Out Accounts, Google Login Will Be Required   YouTube Phasing Out Accounts, Google Login Will Be Required Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 11:06 am

Thanks Linda.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YouTube Phasing Out Accounts, Google Login Will Be Required   YouTube Phasing Out Accounts, Google Login Will Be Required Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1