the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Church of Scientology convicted of fraud

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Church of Scientology convicted of fraud Empty
PostSubject: Church of Scientology convicted of fraud   Church of Scientology convicted of fraud Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 8:28 am

PARIS – A Paris court convicted the Church of Scientology of fraud and fined it more than euro600,000 ($900,000) on Tuesday but stopped short of banning the group as prosecutors had demanded.

The group's French branch immediately announced it would appeal the verdict.
The court convicted the Church of Scientology's French office, its library and six of its leaders of organized fraud. Investigators said the group pressured members into paying large sums of money for questionable financial gain and used "commercial harassment" against recruits.
The group was fined euro400,000 ($600,000) and the library euro200,000. Four of the leaders were given suspended sentences of between 10 months and two years. The other two were given fines of euro1,000 and euro2,000.

Belgium, Germany and other European countries have been criticized by the U.S. State Department for labeling Scientology as a cult or sect and enacting laws to restrict its operations.
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Church of Scientology convicted of fraud Empty
PostSubject: Re: Church of Scientology convicted of fraud   Church of Scientology convicted of fraud Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 3:00 pm

Well, I am not sure what everyone here thinks of those guys, scientologists but I think their very pushy, greedy, and I wouldnt want anyone telling me colonic irrigation or anything else would be a cleansing thing. I already bloody know colonic irrigations can cleanse, they cleanse the colon. Pushy.........................mmmmh. Just my opinion. Its the control tactics on their members I dont like.
Back to top Go down

Church of Scientology convicted of fraud
Page 1 of 1