the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Terra Cotta Army

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

The Terra Cotta Army Empty
PostSubject: The Terra Cotta Army   The Terra Cotta Army Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 9:44 am

flower
this find has fascinated me since i first read of it's discovery in the 70's...even though it makes my stomach hurt to think about these figures..i feel they were murdered after they were copied..and i hope that is just my imagination...
i would luv to see the exhibit and DC isn't that far..but i am very leary of being in DC in nov....sigh..
scratch decision scratch decisions scratch
anyway.. i thought some one else just might be interested in the past so here is the link and all the info..with pictures and vid of explanation , etc.....
either nat geo or discorvery channel has an entire hour devoted to this find....his tomb is a rotonda and his burial suit is jade and
it is in the center of an ocean that is mercury with lights in the 'sky' that still work...totally incredible...
sorry..yet another tangent..
EN~JOY givekiss

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/terracottawarriors/
Soldiers. Charioteers. Archers. Musicians. Generals. Acrobats. Nearly 2,000 years ago, thousands of life-size clay figures were buried in massive underground pits to accompany China's first emperor, Qin Shihuangdi, into the afterlife. Their discovery outside the city of Xi'an in 1974 is one of the greatest archaeological finds of the 20th century.

Now, you can stand face-to-face with these terra cotta warriors. In November 2009, National Geographic Museum will host Terra Cotta Warriors: Guardians of China’s First Emperor, an exhibition featuring treasures from the tomb complex including 15 life-size figures, weapons, armor, coins, and more. Don't miss this chance to see the largest collection of significant artifacts from China ever to travel to the United States.

Learn more about Terra Cotta Warriors: Guardians of China's First Emperor

wave
Back to top Go down

The Terra Cotta Army
Page 1 of 1