the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LOVE LOVE LOVE... the MOVIE ... DISTRICT 9!!!!

Go down 
+3
Reunite
Northern Boy
stephen Podliska
7 posters
AuthorMessage
stephen Podliska
stephen Podliska

Number of posts : 596
Humor : YES and then some!
Registration date : 2009-02-23

LOVE LOVE LOVE... the MOVIE ... DISTRICT 9!!!! Empty
PostSubject: LOVE LOVE LOVE... the MOVIE ... DISTRICT 9!!!!   LOVE LOVE LOVE... the MOVIE ... DISTRICT 9!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:19 pm

FYI.... Just saw DISTRICT 9 today...& it was much more than I had thought it would be!!!

PETER JACKSON and CREW KNEW WHAT THEY WERE DOING!!!

.. THIS FILM (to me)... WAS ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES... TO SO ALLOW US TO SO ......

..LOOK AT OUR SELF STRAIGHT IN THE MIRROR (with where our humanity is "currently" at)......

.............. THAT I HAVE YET TO SEE !!! I even cried at the end.. crying . which I never expected!!! shocked

Anywho... just sharing my LOVE for this movie!!

Steve :)
Back to top Go down
Northern Boy
Northern Boy

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: LOVE LOVE LOVE... the MOVIE ... DISTRICT 9!!!!   LOVE LOVE LOVE... the MOVIE ... DISTRICT 9!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:24 pm

It sure spells out what those at the top running the show are really about control and greed. Exactly what i would expect from them . Instead of assisting them they looked at it as a chance to gain knowledge and power .
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: LOVE LOVE LOVE... the MOVIE ... DISTRICT 9!!!!   LOVE LOVE LOVE... the MOVIE ... DISTRICT 9!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:38 pm

Thanks for the review Steve..I want to see this movie on the big screen.
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

Number of posts : 2496
Humor : Of Course!
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: LOVE LOVE LOVE... the MOVIE ... DISTRICT 9!!!!   LOVE LOVE LOVE... the MOVIE ... DISTRICT 9!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:01 pm

What exactly is the message from this movie?
Another person told me they hated it. I dunno
Back to top Go down
http://wheresoulsreside.com/
winston smith

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: LOVE LOVE LOVE... the MOVIE ... DISTRICT 9!!!!   LOVE LOVE LOVE... the MOVIE ... DISTRICT 9!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:31 pm

Back to top Go down
stephen Podliska
stephen Podliska

PostSubject: Re: LOVE LOVE LOVE... the MOVIE ... DISTRICT 9!!!!   LOVE LOVE LOVE... the MOVIE ... DISTRICT 9!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 8:41 pm

Simultaneous Linda....

Regarding....
What exactly is the message from this movie?
Another person told me they hated it.

I would say.... each and every person going to the movie WILL have their own INDIVIDUALIZED personal interpretation and yet, I believe it DEMONSTRATED HOW EASILY IT IS TO "NOT ACCEPT THOSE ASPECTS OF OUR SELF THAT WE DO NOT UNDERSTAND or DESIRE TO SEE IN OUR SELF"!!!!!!!!!! (& "ALIENS/PRAWNS"... became the NEW "un-accepted")...

Plus... (4 me) ... what made me cry that may be very unique to myself... is the movie has a twist (that is not shown in any of the previews)..... that UNMISTAKABLY (to me)... ties into my personal BELIEF that "on some level".... WE ARE THE ALL ALLIENS (the good, bad and the ugly)...... AND THEY ARE ... ALSO US!!!!!

Additionally as far as I heard.. "thus far", from what my wife said, apparently the movie is doing very well in the Box office???)... thus "I thought/think most are ALSO enjoying the movie..???? ALSO???

YET.. ULTIMATELY all will have their own opinion.. thus THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME KNOW... that there are some that did not like it!!!

Steve :)
Back to top Go down
New World Orphan
New World Orphan

Number of posts : 709
Humor : No thank you
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: LOVE LOVE LOVE... the MOVIE ... DISTRICT 9!!!!   LOVE LOVE LOVE... the MOVIE ... DISTRICT 9!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:10 am

Hopefully it gets the attention it deserves for its special effects. It was a good movie. Not at all what I had expected. I think there might have been some social commentary in there. This is the next one I am waiting for, James is back with a budget over 200 million. AVATAR

Let me know what you think steve,

Last edited by New World Orphan on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
raulduke
raulduke

Number of posts : 404
Humor : myself
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: LOVE LOVE LOVE... the MOVIE ... DISTRICT 9!!!!   LOVE LOVE LOVE... the MOVIE ... DISTRICT 9!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:37 am

I just saw this today actually. Good movie, but there haven't been many alien movies lately strangely enough, so I think that may be where the big box office #s are coming from. As far as this one goes though, while I liked the unexpected storyline, I don't think any of the questions I had after seeing the trailer were answered. Much less of a 'space' alien movie than I'd expected.
Back to top Go down
stephen Podliska
stephen Podliska

PostSubject: Re: LOVE LOVE LOVE... the MOVIE ... DISTRICT 9!!!!   LOVE LOVE LOVE... the MOVIE ... DISTRICT 9!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:09 pm

Simultaneous.. New World Orphan.. Thanks for the preview of AVATAR... it looks very good!
... THANK YOU! LOVE THE SPECIAL EFFECTS!!!

Simultaneous Raulduke.. I would agree in regards to District 9 perhaps RAISING MORE QUESTIONS... than ANSWERING THEM!!! ... AND ALSO... I LOVE.. (just like our LOVABLE FORUM DOES)... that the FILM RAISES OUR AWARENESS.."to so better LOOK @ & ACKNOWLEDGE.. "where we are at NOW" so as to HAVE enough DATA... for making better and better decisions on where to CAN and DO .... GO FROM HERE!!!

Anywho... LOVE ALL THE COMMENTS!!

:) love
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LOVE LOVE LOVE... the MOVIE ... DISTRICT 9!!!!   LOVE LOVE LOVE... the MOVIE ... DISTRICT 9!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LOVE LOVE LOVE... the MOVIE ... DISTRICT 9!!!!
Page 1 of 1