the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Medvedev Shows Off Sample Coin of New ‘World Currency’ at G-8

Go down 
AuthorMessage
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Medvedev Shows Off Sample Coin of New ‘World Currency’ at G-8 Empty
PostSubject: Medvedev Shows Off Sample Coin of New ‘World Currency’ at G-8   Medvedev Shows Off Sample Coin of New ‘World Currency’ at G-8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 7:07 pm

http://standeyo.com/NEWS/09_Economy/090711.world.currency.html

Medvedev Shows Off Sample Coin of New ‘World Currency’ at G-8 Medvedev-coin

Russian President Dmitry Medvedev illustrated his call for a supranational currency to replace the dollar by pulling from his pocket a sample coin of a “united future world currency.”

The coin, which bears the words “unity in diversity,” was minted in Belgium and presented to the heads of G-8 delegations, Medvedev said.

The question of a supranational currency “concerns everyone now, even the mints,” Medvedev said. The test coin “means they’re getting ready. I think it’s a good sign that we understand how interdependent we are.”

Medvedev has repeatedly called for creating a mix of regional reserve currencies as part of the drive to address the global financial crisis, while questioning the U.S. dollar’s future as a global reserve currency. Russia’s proposals for the G-20 meeting in London in April included the creation of a supranational currency.

Medvedev Shows Off Sample Coin of New ‘World Currency’ at G-8 World_coin
Back to top Go down

Medvedev Shows Off Sample Coin of New ‘World Currency’ at G-8
Page 1 of 1