the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Active Child - Hanging On

Go down 
+3
sky otter
Gabriel
Reunite
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Active Child - Hanging On Empty
PostSubject: Active Child - Hanging On   Active Child - Hanging On Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:23 pm

I just recently found out my dog may have a brain tumour. His head is tilted sideways and he is really off balance. When I learnt the news I heard this song and got a real strong emotional connection. Anyway enjoy the song.

Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Active Child - Hanging On   Active Child - Hanging On Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:29 pm

ReuniteR, is it bandit?
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: Active Child - Hanging On   Active Child - Hanging On Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:43 pm

No it's Rico. I'm just going to let things take it's natural course and make sure he has the best quality of life. He is still happy but when I see he is in pain and discomfort I'll make the decision to let him go.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: Active Child - Hanging On   Active Child - Hanging On Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:46 pm

Found a live performance.

Don't know if it's just me but I find this performance really moving.

Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Active Child - Hanging On   Active Child - Hanging On Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:06 pm

reunitie..
are you sure it's a brain tumor and not an ear infection?

hugs
D
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: Active Child - Hanging On   Active Child - Hanging On Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:19 pm

He's been to 3 different vets. They checked his ears and they're fine. All the vets concluded it is more likely swelling to the brain. There is no way to know for certain unless he gets a MRI scan that would cost about 2 thousand dollars.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: Active Child - Hanging On   Active Child - Hanging On Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:22 pm

figured you would have vet info on him..
but you can still do hands on for his comfort..

big hugs ...it's always harder when it's a critter
but i think the natural course you have choosen is a good one
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: Active Child - Hanging On   Active Child - Hanging On Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:41 pm

Thanks...I'm going to try a bit of alkaline in his diet too like baking soda
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: Active Child - Hanging On   Active Child - Hanging On Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 2:18 pm

I had to put Rico down yesterday. My partner and I held him in our arms when the vet injected him so his last memories would be of his owners.
It took literally 3 seconds before he collapsed in our arms. The vet waited a minute to check his heartbeat to find he still had a faint beat.

She then had to leave the room to get the other nurse for another injection. We were left alone with his body crying saying our last goodbyes. I know Rico was floating above us wanting to say goodbye
to us when the vet had left the room. When the nurse came back she checked his heart again to find out it had stop.

I love you Rico, you will be missed.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: Active Child - Hanging On   Active Child - Hanging On Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 2:53 pm

group-hug group-hug group-hug

there are no words for when we are put into this position

so sending hugs and hoping it gets easier as the good memories and stories surface

hugv hugv hugv hugv hugv hugv hugv hugv hugv
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: Active Child - Hanging On   Active Child - Hanging On Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 5:57 pm

This is sad news. It is so hard to lose a pet. They become part of the family. rainbow
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Active Child - Hanging On   Active Child - Hanging On Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 1:02 pm

My sympathy to you both ReuniteR..... sorrysmil
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: Active Child - Hanging On   Active Child - Hanging On Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 5:06 pm

aw, FL ...
i share your experience and the emotions ...
and send as much love and understanding as i can, for the both of you ...
you did the right thing at the right time, i have no doubt of that ...
and your rico had a grand life, i know that, too ....
be a little sad, but smile, also - and so it goes ...........
i would like to see a pic of him, if you can manage that ....
puppybark
hugv
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
skywatcher
skywatcher

Number of posts : 1827
Humor : yes lots
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: Active Child - Hanging On   Active Child - Hanging On Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 3:50 am

You did what you had to do out of love....and that's the main thing. puppybark rainbow
Back to top Go down
http://chemtrailawareness.forumotion.co.uk
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: Active Child - Hanging On   Active Child - Hanging On Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 3:20 pm

Thanks everyone for your words and support.

Rico was a staffy, a popular breed here in Australia and the UK. He thought he was a human and try and talk sometimes. He would sway his head side to side when having a conversation with him.

I really miss him.

Active Child - Hanging On Rico-p10

Active Child - Hanging On 05410
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Active Child - Hanging On   Active Child - Hanging On Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 7:05 pm

This is one of the hardest things in the world honey I know it so well.

Biggles, my previous cat apparently was abused by someone (my son found out the history when they found him in Queensland) and that abuse gave him a profound injury to his lung.

I tried natural products, magnetics, everything I could to make things better. In the end I took (stole) he,he, some money from the ex's account to get a CT scan down at Werribee Vet Hospital, (this is while I was still with the ex) and it was confirmed nothing could be done via an operation.

My local vet could only give him steroid injections every two weeks until in the end he just couldnt move without pain.

I was with him in the vet's room when they gave him the injection to put him to sleep. Matt was with me and he told his father after that I howled from the soul.

I have Biggles ashes in an urn with a plaque and his picture. He will travel with me wherever I live, always close by.

Remember that little stray I found coming around to visit Eddie outside my back area. He was so tiny and matted and one of his eyes looked blind and terrible. I would feed him and he would go back outside.

One day last year I couldnt take it anymore and made an appointment at my vet and got hold of the poor little fellow and took him to the vet.

The vet said "we will do a feline aids test on him", he also has not been spayed. If he doesnt have aids are you prepared to adopt him which I said yes I would.

He stayed overnight and the vet rang me the next day and said that he had a tumour behind his eye and his coat was terribly brittle because he had advanced feline aids and it would be far better to put him down.

I told her to go ahead but I wanted his ashes in an urn. So I named him Benny and he sits next to Biggs' urn in his own urn with a plaque "Benny, always with us, love always, mum and Eddie". So he too will travel with us wherever we go.

I know its so painful and terribly hard. In fact to be honest I would rather some people I know personally to be put down rather than a soul I love like Biggs etc.

You know very very well that when you pass through that thin veil you will be surrounded by Rico and all the other loving soul you have had on your journey. Their in the good place, we're still stuck here for the rest of this journey, which can be bloody shitty at times as you know.

Love you. xxoo
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: Active Child - Hanging On   Active Child - Hanging On Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 9:34 pm

Thanks for sharing your story too Biggs, nice to know everyone can relate.

I'm also getting Rico cremated and will scatter his ashes. I'm growing some sweet viburnum in the front garden who have been battered from our crazy weather lately so think they could get a lift. Rico on his last night went straight to the plants and starting sniffing around them so that confirmed my decision.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Active Child - Hanging On   Active Child - Hanging On Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2013 3:16 pm

You know he'll always be around you and your family, just a given sweetie as you know. xo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Active Child - Hanging On   Active Child - Hanging On Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Active Child - Hanging On
Page 1 of 1