the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Every novel I have read lately, the authors all seem to be awake and aware.

Go down 
+2
Reunite
Biggles
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Every novel I have read lately, the authors all seem to be awake and aware. Empty
PostSubject: Every novel I have read lately, the authors all seem to be awake and aware.   Every novel I have read lately, the authors all seem to be awake and aware. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 6:46 pm

I have picked books over the last few months that I would not have thought the authors would be as awake and aware as say us here.............I am obviously wrong.

The latest novel I have just completed is Blood Oath - 2011 by Christopher Farnsworth.

This story is about a real vampire found on a ship in the time of Andrew Jackson President of US. Prez Jackson decides to get a voodoo priestess to perform a ritual of a blood oath on the vampire so said vampire always takes care of any problem and keeps concurrent presidents safe.

Imagine my surprise when the story goes to the present and the vampire's handler and vampire have to get to Washington asap before sun comes up to take care of four abominal creatures that were created by an ex Nazi scientist who found ways to put parts together from dead soldiers with his esoteric knowledge to kill the current President.

Cade the vampire goes straight to Edwards airforce base to procure a quick flight to Washington with his young government sidekick. The young human guy looks around for what he presumes will be a private jet and his eyes befall a triangular black craft. The pilots put him in a half egg shaped chair that fits to his body and gives him a mask and helmet and tells him to try and not throw up. The young guy does not hear any noise coming from the craft except a slight humming, does throw up, then soon after looks out the window and sees that they are looking at the blue earth................shock, horror, he says what is this...............a near earth orbital reconnaissance plane the pilot said,..........the TR-3B Black Manta, modified for passengers. "We are at apogee" now.

Quote: Blood Oath - Christopher Farnsworth - 2010

This novel includes what the government doesnt tell you what went on at Dulce with the greys and that attack, and the politics of the shadow department behind the black ops department.

Cant get away from the conspiracies guys. scratch

http://chrisfarnsworth.com/

Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Every novel I have read lately, the authors all seem to be awake and aware. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Every novel I have read lately, the authors all seem to be awake and aware.   Every novel I have read lately, the authors all seem to be awake and aware. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 8:12 pm

Yep, conspiracies always drive a good plot.
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Every novel I have read lately, the authors all seem to be awake and aware.   Every novel I have read lately, the authors all seem to be awake and aware. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:10 pm

sounds interesting. On the website it says the sequal has reptilians lol, and in the section about other good books he lists john connelly's new one, and lee child's new one, whech are two of my favorites.

Might try and get hold of this guys work.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Every novel I have read lately, the authors all seem to be awake and aware.   Every novel I have read lately, the authors all seem to be awake and aware. Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 10:12 pm

stal wrote:
sounds interesting. On the website it says the sequal has reptilians lol, and in the section about other good books he lists john connelly's new one, and lee child's new one, whech are two of my favorites.

Might try and get hold of this guys work.

Lee Child is another of my fav authors too; imagine that Farnsworth is a big Connolly fan.

Well Blood Oath is definitely worth the read Stal; I paid just under $20.00 at Collins, you might be able to get cheaper elsewhere though.

The President's vampire is the second in the series so I am going to have to order that in at Bacchus Marsh Collins Bookstore.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Every novel I have read lately, the authors all seem to be awake and aware.   Every novel I have read lately, the authors all seem to be awake and aware. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 7:55 am

lol!

have you noticed how much of the stuff has gone to vampires and shapeshifters..even the main stream is full of these characters

makes ya wonder if it is to open this generation up to seeing what really exists in the universe...
i mean after the bar scene in star wars i was hooked on seeing
but that was from the universe
the
vamps and shifters are only a small part of what is here already on this planet...maybe... lol!

moon walk rockin strapped down
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Every novel I have read lately, the authors all seem to be awake and aware.   Every novel I have read lately, the authors all seem to be awake and aware. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 11:26 am

Our little planet kind of makes the bar scene rather tame....LOL we have a lot of variables going on here.... affraid
Back to top Go down
Northern Boy
Northern Boy

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Every novel I have read lately, the authors all seem to be awake and aware.   Every novel I have read lately, the authors all seem to be awake and aware. Icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 10:06 pm

Just finished Last Words By George Carlin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Every novel I have read lately, the authors all seem to be awake and aware.   Every novel I have read lately, the authors all seem to be awake and aware. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Every novel I have read lately, the authors all seem to be awake and aware.
Page 1 of 1