the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Great Star Wars

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

Great Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Great Star Wars   Great Star Wars Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 2:29 pm

Been going through my youtube subscriptions and came upon this one!

The intro is what i find funny lol!

Back to top Go down
amancalledhorse
amancalledhorse

Number of posts : 17
Humor : check
Registration date : 2011-08-06

Great Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Star Wars   Great Star Wars Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 5:37 pm

Nice practice involved in this. I think I'll give it a shot.
Especially the Gayatri mantra is appealing for me, been chanting it for years from time to time.
(Didn't start from this video, but the 1/4)

The funny thing is that I was earlier today/yesterday night asking & meditating on help in my chakra imbalances (Particulary in the red spectrum atm. Occacional trouble in just Being in/with Grace without the constant 'is this?/is this not?' chitchat going on in my head)

Well, one of the main aspects (and 1st) of the practice is to start with a fire mantra, visualizing red fire/enegry gathering in your stomach and asking It to fill you and all Creation completely.
After a deep focus of just 3 repetitions, while listening it too, I felt like being pulled through fuzzy red warm field (of Certainty and Faith) like being exposed to infrared rays.

After this follows breathing/mantra practices.

If this was the result of just a preliminary gazing/listening & tuning, I'm definetly putting it in practice. I, like I belive many others, have searched for methods of meditation (or inner Arts, as it is referred to in the videos) that 'ring the Bell' and feel right. Right now, I feel I should put this in a test.

Thanks for the share!

P.S. Note to Self:
It's more about the Intention to Practice than the practice itself that counts. As a musical/visual person these techniques feel apropriate for me, and I like my Way with a cup of Asian mysticism :)
Remember why you do it, rest should just flow!
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Great Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Star Wars   Great Star Wars Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 11:42 am

Fantastic insight there Horse!

Firstly I want to thank you for sharing your experience with the part of the video which was not my intention to post as I was lazy to find that star wars clip on it own.

Secondly your mention of the Gayatri Mantra made me think to look around quickly on youtube for a video etc to play in the last half hour whilst I was playing with water and getting ready for work and I found this video:

Quote :
They had a length of 3.12 metres and an opening of 0.3 metres. The big drums and all the trumpets were fixed on mounts which could be adjusted with staffs in the direction of the slab of stone.

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/44cosmic_wisdom/02files/Levitation03.html

The Dungchen (Horn) in the video looks like a pretty good rough match for the size reported in the famous levitating stone report, if not its inspired me anyway !

That aside it will be interesting to hear how you go with Yellow Bamboo. I downloaded the free video and instruction from their site and the Gayatri Mantra sounded very Tibetan in style to me, but seeing you have been practising on off you hopefully can share some more insight into that cheers

I re-started practising Flying Phoenix myself this week and sure enough something intriguing pops up toast lol!
Back to top Go down
amancalledhorse
amancalledhorse

Great Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Star Wars   Great Star Wars Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 2:04 am

Yeah! (Warning, I feel a flood of text coming)

There's a book called With Mystics and Magicians in Tibet (available online) which describes, among other siddhis and such, the technique of the stone levitation. It even tells a picture how the 'orchestra' is formed around the rock etc. It's quite cool.

The Yellow Bamboo seems to have alot of good tools/techniques in it. Including (but surely not limited to) healing/protection and burning. I do have to say I modify it to my own for what I can/feel & understand.
For example I rarely chant the mantras in exactly the same form. This seems to help me with Real Intention. I just memorise the core and chant/sing/whisper them in english/bali or even finnish (as in Finland :)
Much like some native tribes sing 'in the moment and about the moment' in their gatherings.
I think that kind of spontaneous ('freestyle') singing (from your Heart) in meditative state is one of the most empowering techniques.

I mostly follow the tibetan buddhist/tantric path of non-dualism. I'm drawn to see it in Chögyam Trungpa's terms "Crazy Wisdom". This feels apropriate, as I believe it's just as important to stay true to your Chaos/Passion 'root' (the Crazy side), as it is to strive for your Higher Self 'crown' (Harmony/Love).
In the fullness of Life we achieve liberation.
Although the buddhist view transcends all forms and non-forms, I still feel like the more teistic (God-Entity) approach of Hinduism/Hare Krishna/Christianity and the devotional service of Bhakti (unconditional love) is (occasionally) good for my feminine side.
(Occasionally, because it creates hang-ups on concepts.)

Funny that the orginal post wasn't even about the YB :D
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Great Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Star Wars   Great Star Wars Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:39 am

Quote :
There's a book called With Mystics and Magicians in Tibet (available online) which describes, among other siddhis and such, the technique of the stone levitation. It even tells a picture how the 'orchestra' is formed around the rock etc. It's quite cool.

Thats a great book Horsie and one that holds pride and place on my shelf, along with other Neel books!

Talking Tibetan Books and Yogic practise's part of learning Flying Phoenix one must read *Tibetan Yoga and Secret Doctrines*... Great book!

I had never heard of Chögyam Trungpa! Thanks for the insight as he seems like quite a character and one who cuts to the chase!

I've found way too many insights into Tibet this week in the forms of insights into areas which tie into other areas my head is exploding a bit as it all ties in some of the UN-provable with the established experts out there. I'm working on compiling it all together which is a task. affraid

Back to top Go down
amancalledhorse
amancalledhorse

Great Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Star Wars   Great Star Wars Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:13 pm

Hahaha! I'm SO there soma...
I've been sick since the beginning of the week up untill today, and been just sitting in front of my laptop absorbing stuff like an astral sponge. My GF was getting a lil' worried here already :D
It's all coming together nicely....

C. Trungpa is a somewhat controversial teacher who's known as the 1st Tibetan teacher to bring the tantric nine yana practice to the West. (Namely US)
I have a great book by him called A Lion's Roar - Introduction to Tantra
It comprises of two lectures given in 1973 at Boulder & San Francisco. It begins every chapter with an introductory description and then moves on to conversation between the Rinpoche and the students. Great stuff.

http://www.lionsroar.name/chogyam_trungpa.htm

edit; Listen to this guy haha:
"So usually we react against emotion, because we feel we might be taken over by it. We feel there is a strong possibility that we might freak out, lose our heads. We are afraid that aggression or depression will become so overwhelming that we will begin to lose our general functional level, forget how to brush our teeth, how to take a @#%$ in the toilet or whatever."
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Great Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Star Wars   Great Star Wars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:36 am

Thanks Again Horsie!

Man there's some real gems of comedy/wisdom in that link LOL

cheers

Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Great Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Star Wars   Great Star Wars Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 1:07 pm

Horsie!

keep an eye out for Winged Horsies ;)

letz party

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Great Star Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great Star Wars   Great Star Wars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great Star Wars
Page 1 of 1