the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

lazy person composting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

lazy person composting Empty
PostSubject: lazy person composting   lazy person composting Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 8:33 am

my simple method of composting..a place to dump organic matter and basically let it rot into beautiful usefull compost
i have three 4 ft by 4 ft cubes made from old woven wire fencing..just to contain the pile and let in air

just pile it on..rain and the weight of matter do the job for you....every now and then i toss some dirt on top...

weeds are great as long as they are not in seed mode...the square to the left took two years and was filled to the top of the fence several times..we've used most of it on the veggie patches this year
...the square on the right i just started last year and it was filled to the top twice so far..and this year only has a little added
anything is good except oil and meat products..they are no-nos

i also toss on shreaded paper from doing bills and such and daily coffee grinds and veggie wastes

this is just an example so you get the idea..good luck

lazy person composting Hpim0410

flower

lol!

Last edited by sky otter on Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

PostSubject: Re: lazy person composting   lazy person composting Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 11:23 am

Thanks Otter for the wonderful pics !

I did a lazy peeps heap last year and it was good.

With decent rain, ormus and my lazy heap my Organic apples were beyond what I find in stores "labeled Organic" which are also over priced.

Food for thought folks...

cheers

EDIT TO ADD

WELL BEYOND TASTE AND SIZE WISE WHAT THE ORGANIC PRDOUCERS WERE SELLING AT A PREMIUM PRICE.... and all I did was tend to the orchard ***four times MAX*** ..WTF ???

Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: lazy person composting   lazy person composting Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 6:19 pm

WTF, Well wtf happened was you loved the orchard. Trees like that.

Also when you enter into a relationship with the land, it responds to what you need and intend.

(Disclaimer: although this sounds right and my past yers experience seems to support it, mainly I got the idea from Leonard Sharaskins lecturs based on the Anastasia books anyway its what I go by for now, but not enough time has passed for me to be sure)
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: lazy person composting   lazy person composting Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 6:21 pm

Otter, is that "glasshouse" made from Polythene?

Thanks for the pictures! Our ideas were similar, but its going to be on a bigger scale.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: lazy person composting   lazy person composting Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 8:00 pm

cheers

yep..it was only supposd to last 5 years..we're on yr 9 or 10...
i think the reason is there are two layers of it and a little fan keeps them apart..

it's 20'x30' and 15' high..it was one of my great 'finds'...
it was a display greenhouse for an ag store that got blown down in a wind storm..
cool beans

here ya go..supply sources some one might be interested

http://www.gardeners.com/

http://www.poly-tex.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lazy person composting   lazy person composting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lazy person composting
Page 1 of 1