the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Bank Story ROFL

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SoulSister
SoulSister

Number of posts : 297
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-03-13

My Bank Story ROFL Empty
PostSubject: My Bank Story ROFL   My Bank Story ROFL Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 9:29 am

When I lost my job last year, I went online to close my bank account. BBVA Compass bank, I'm not sure what happened to them during the two years I used them but I can assure you they became damned unfriendly. I followed the instructions the lady gave me online, first step was to withdraw the balance, a whopping $38.42. And so I did, and so she told me she would close the account. I have this all in the communications module of the bank's own online banking services. Then, some 15 CENTS went INTO the account, some nickels for using my credit instead of debit, certainly wasn't interest.
There is sat, for months now, and then I opened one of those junk mails from the bank, as far as I knew the account was closed and they kept sending me those credit card applications and mortgage applications that I would never qualify for. This one was a statement. OMG, the bank had been charging me a service charge all these months to keep that 15 CENTS in my account! Funny, they never charged me a service charge when I was actually using the account. Oh, this must be some terrible mistake, I'll give them a call.
After giving my information 3 or 4 times, and telling my long sad story again and again, I sat on hold for 20 minutes to wait for a supervisor because poor young Jason, who must have the worst job in the world, tells me that the only thing he could do was take payment for all the charges and hopefully, that may or may not close the account. Finally, I got a supervisor who was baffled in the end only because she didn't know what to do with the 15 CENTS. I told her to THROW IT OUT INTO THE STREET for gawdsakes
Back to top Go down
http://websiteartist.blogspot.com
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

My Bank Story ROFL Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Bank Story ROFL   My Bank Story ROFL Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 4:22 pm

lol!

Can you throw out 15 virtual cents?

Great to hear from you soulsister, hey if you have to kick Hippie off the laptop now and then to say hi don't hesitate.

toast
Back to top Go down
SoulSister
SoulSister

Number of posts : 297
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-03-13

My Bank Story ROFL Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Bank Story ROFL   My Bank Story ROFL Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 9:02 pm

I fixed her up, put together an old PC and one of those boat anchor monitors. She's humming right along, we could have duel posting OMG

15 virtual cents at a fractional reserve would be about a dollar. You could loan out TEN dollars for every 1. Then, when that ten bucks gets paid back, they can then loan $100.00

I know it sounds like the punchline of a joke, in fact, I find it all rather amusing.
Back to top Go down
http://websiteartist.blogspot.com
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

My Bank Story ROFL Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Bank Story ROFL   My Bank Story ROFL Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 9:08 pm

Two sisters humming along in sync

moon walk
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

My Bank Story ROFL Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Bank Story ROFL   My Bank Story ROFL Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:06 pm

SoulSister wrote:
When I lost my job last year, I went online to close my bank account. BBVA Compass bank, I'm not sure what happened to them during the two years I used them but I can assure you they became damned unfriendly. I followed the instructions the lady gave me online, first step was to withdraw the balance, a whopping $38.42. And so I did, and so she told me she would close the account. I have this all in the communications module of the bank's own online banking services. Then, some 15 CENTS went INTO the account, some nickels for using my credit instead of debit, certainly wasn't interest.
There is sat, for months now, and then I opened one of those junk mails from the bank, as far as I knew the account was closed and they kept sending me those credit card applications and mortgage applications that I would never qualify for. This one was a statement. OMG, the bank had been charging me a service charge all these months to keep that 15 CENTS in my account! Funny, they never charged me a service charge when I was actually using the account. Oh, this must be some terrible mistake, I'll give them a call.
After giving my information 3 or 4 times, and telling my long sad story again and again, I sat on hold for 20 minutes to wait for a supervisor because poor young Jason, who must have the worst job in the world, tells me that the only thing he could do was take payment for all the charges and hopefully, that may or may not close the account. Finally, I got a supervisor who was baffled in the end only because she didn't know what to do with the 15 CENTS. I told her to THROW IT OUT INTO THE STREET for gawdsakes

Yep, I understand and sympathize. I closed a bank account with an ATM card attached to it but I never used it at all, in over three months the $20 dollars in there was reduced down to about $3.00. I looked at the statement, bank fees for an account I never used with 20 bucks in.

Naturally I closed it. I tell ya they get at ya comin and goin.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

My Bank Story ROFL Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Bank Story ROFL   My Bank Story ROFL Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:45 am

Hi soulsister, glad to see you posting again, long time since I heard from you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Bank Story ROFL Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Bank Story ROFL   My Bank Story ROFL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Bank Story ROFL
Page 1 of 1