the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

stinging nettle......more then a typical weed.......

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
zuni
zuni

Number of posts : 1319
Humor : does a fat kid miss cake ???
Registration date : 2009-01-23

stinging nettle......more then a typical weed....... Empty
PostSubject: stinging nettle......more then a typical weed.......   stinging nettle......more then a typical weed....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 12:24 pm

yesterday i harvested loads of stinging nettle........my thumb is still numb........ :laughter:

but seriously......we always try to stay away form it couse it bites........the truth is that it´s one of the most usful plants there is......only second to hemp of course....... :winkb: but it grows every where.....

it is one of the most nutritious plants...........high in vitamins and minerals.....you can eat it raw and in salads .....heres a quick lesson how to eat it raw.......

but you can also cook it like spinach or make a soup ....

dry it .........dried it makes a wonderful food for animals......or to make infusions......

also it´s very medicinal..... spoken of in ancient texts........it´s also a powerful blood cleanser.....drink three cups of infusion each day..........

juice it......drinking raw nettle juice is the most cleansing and healing........the juice is also a good substitue for rennet (for vegetarian cheese )

it´s a great fiber for making clothing..... rope ......and is much more eco friendly and esier to grow then cotton......you can also use it as a dye.....plant makes a green dye........root makes a yellow dye........

also it´s a great hair rinse.....and helps the hair to grow........just make a infusion ......and use the infusion for the final rinse of you hair and skin..........leave on do not rinse ........
Back to top Go down
bilderburger w/cheese
bilderburger w/cheese

Number of posts : 94
Humor : available upon request
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: stinging nettle......more then a typical weed.......   stinging nettle......more then a typical weed....... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:32 pm

zuni, thanks for sharing that.

have you seen this guy, daniel vitalis?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVH2BlLHY3k

he seems knowledgeable about water, making herbal tonics, and eating raw foods.
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

PostSubject: Re: stinging nettle......more then a typical weed.......   stinging nettle......more then a typical weed....... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 10:22 am

bbw/c.....no i didn´t know this guy before but looks like he knows his stuff..........

thanks for the ling.....i´n going to check out what else he has to say...........
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

Number of posts : 562
Humor : If necessary
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: stinging nettle......more then a typical weed.......   stinging nettle......more then a typical weed....... Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 6:57 pm

A plant of many uses.

We have very large grounds where I work, a combination of lawn, field and rolling woodland. At lunch some of us use the time for walks. A few years ago an employee was jogging at lunch and brushed into a patch of Stinging Nettle growing in abit of bottom land. He thought the stinging pain was a snakebite until a few of us showed him the patch.

Once while un-snagging a lure after a bad cast I had the misfortune of rubbing my nose against some nettle. Made me look like Karl Malden the rest of the day. Same thing happened again some years later after sniffing something I took for mint growing along the upper reaches of the Potomac River. Never found out what that plant was.
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

PostSubject: Re: stinging nettle......more then a typical weed.......   stinging nettle......more then a typical weed....... Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:27 pm

i´m sure it was a releaf for your friend to find out he was bit by a plant and not a snake.....

getting stung on your nose must burn like hell......but i heard that the cure for the sting is actually the juice......you snap off the very top part and roll it in a ball so the hairs don´t sting you then you pop it in your mouth and chew it up.......after spit the chewed up leaf /saliva mixture on the sting........

i haven´t tried it yet though......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stinging nettle......more then a typical weed.......   stinging nettle......more then a typical weed....... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stinging nettle......more then a typical weed.......
Page 1 of 1