the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Zealand Military Releases UFO Files

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

New Zealand Military Releases UFO Files Empty
PostSubject: New Zealand Military Releases UFO Files   New Zealand Military Releases UFO Files Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 4:41 pm

warp
Posted: 12-22-10 03:47 PM
warp

Talk about out-of-this-world: the BBC is reporting that New Zealand's military has just released hundreds of classified files, dating from 1954 to 2009, detailing reports of sightings of unidentified flying objects (UFOs).
warp

The documents, which run at an estimated 2,000 pages, allegedly comprise drawings of flying saucers as well as alleged samples of alien writing. Also included are accounts by members of the public, military personnel and commercial airline pilots describing close encounters, as well as never-before-seen details of the country's best-known UFO sighting, when footage of unusual lights was shot off the South Island town of Kaikoura in 1978, which was then explained as natural phenomenon.
warp

New Zealand Air Force spokesman Kavae Tamariki confirmed the documents' release, but otherwise remained tight-lipped over their contents. "We have just been a collection point for the information," he told the Dominion Post, adding that the military did not have the resources to investigate UFO sightings. "We don't investigate or make reports, we haven't substantiated anything in them." Officials also say the files were open for scrutiny but that individuals named in the reports are to remain anonymous.
warp

In a move that seems inspired by the ongoing WikiLeaks "Cablegate" scandal, the Dominion Post is publishing the entire lot of documents online. Among the reports that have been uploaded so far are details of a 1999 sighting of what appeared to be aircraft contrails above the sky in Auckland, during which the writer reportedly warns, "A vast many people in Auckland will suffer flu-like sickness." Another report from 1995 describes an incident in which a man met an alien with massive, size 440 feet who told him dying humans ascend as hydrogen atoms.
warp

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/22/new-zealand-military-rele_n_800275.html

warp
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Military Releases UFO Files   New Zealand Military Releases UFO Files Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 4:57 pm

Well, that is interesting, Kiwis releasing their once classified stuff. Now where is the rest of the stuff from other folk.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Military Releases UFO Files   New Zealand Military Releases UFO Files Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 8:02 pm

New Zealand Military Releases UFO Files 44971310
HISTORY REPEATS: Lloyd McFadden spotted these unexplained lights from his Redwood home on Boxing Day, 32 years after he filmed the Kaikoura "UFO".

Mystery lights 'similar' to 1978

Mysterious "orangey and reddish lights" spotted in skies above Napier, Taranaki and Christchurch were a day too late to be Santa's sleigh but could they be UFOs?

Reports of strange objects in the sky on Boxing Day have been made in three separate locations, with the first sighting of the moving orange lights in Taranaki on Sunday night.

However, the Canterbury Astronomical Society is convinced the Christchurch lights were satellites.

In Hawera, Allan White and his family spotted the "bright orange light" moving towards them about 9.40pm, before heading south.

They watched the light for about five minutes, and once it had disappeared began questioning whether or not it was a UFO.

"I just thought it was a bright orange light in the sky and then it started moving towards us," Mr White said. "After it flew past, there were half a dozen adults there, we all considered it could have been a UFO. Nobody had seen anything like that before."

Each witness could make out flashing lights on the object as it made its way across the sky.

Soon afterwards, Fraser Duncan, a graphics tutor from the Eastern Institute of Technology, said he was "stunned" when he saw four orange lights crossing the sky above Napier just before 10pm. The lights were flying soundlessly in formation towards the South Island. "I have never seen anything like this in my life. It was definitely not a plane, not a meteor and not stars."

To add to the mystery, a TVNZ cameraman who filmed the 1978 UFO sightings near Kaikoura reported seeing the unexplained lights at 10.30pm the same night.

Lloyd McFadden, then 27, filmed the lights near Kaikoura.

Sunday night's sighting happened above his home in Redwood, Christchurch. He said he saw 10 lights travelling slowly in formation, without any noise.

"There was absolutely no sound and they were flying too slow to be an aircraft. I would really like to know what they were."

The lights were similar to the unexplained Kaikoura lights that he filmed more than 30 years ago.

"I couldn't give an explanation about what they were, but I would dearly love to know. I think it would more likely be a natural phenomenon or have something to do with earthquake activity than aliens from outer space."

Mr McFadden's wife Ina also saw the lights.

"All you could see was orangey and reddish lights, like fireballs. They were moving at a steady pace and went right over the top of us. There was no noise at all.

"I don't know what it would be, but there was something there and I hadn't even been drinking."

Mr McFadden believed the objects were moving about 20kmh to 30kmh, and were about 1000 metres above their house.

But Canterbury Astronomical Society observatory director Adrian Kelly said the sightings would probably have been satellites. "I am certainly saying they were satellites. They are travelling on straight trajectories in an arc."

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/4497141/Mystery-lights-similar-to-1978

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Zealand Military Releases UFO Files   New Zealand Military Releases UFO Files Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1