the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wi-Fi Makes Trees Sick

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Wi-Fi Makes Trees Sick Empty
PostSubject: Wi-Fi Makes Trees Sick   Wi-Fi Makes Trees Sick Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:47 am

years ago, i woulda read this and thought "oh, no, something's got to be done"
but now i read it and wonder if this is another way to get us to accept
limitations on wireless communications .....

Wi-Fi Makes Trees Sick, Study Says

By René Schoemaker , IDG News

Radiation from Wi-Fi networks is harmful to trees, causing significant variations in growth, as well as bleeding and fissures in the bark, according to a recent study in the Netherlands.

All deciduous trees in the Western world are affected, according to the study by Wageningen University. The city of Alphen aan den Rijn ordered the study five years ago after officials found unexplained abnormalities on trees that couldn't be ascribed to a virus or bacterial infection.

Additional testing found the disease to occur throughout the Western world. In the Netherlands, about 70 percent of all trees in urban areas show the same symptoms, compared with only 10 percent five years ago. Trees in densely forested areas are hardly affected.

Besides the electromagnetic fields created by mobile-phone networks and wireless LANs, ultrafine particles emitted by cars and trucks may also be to blame. These particles are so small they are able to enter the organisms.

The study exposed 20 ash trees to various radiation sources for a period of three months. Trees placed closest to the Wi-Fi radio demonstrated a "lead-like shine" on their leaves that was caused by the dying of the upper and lower epidermis of the leaves. This would eventually result in the death of parts of the leaves. The study also found that Wi-Fi radiation could inhibit the growth of corn cobs.

The researchers urged that further studies were needed to confirm the current results and determine long-term effects of wireless radiation on trees.

source:
http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/211219/wifi_makes_trees_sick_study_says.html
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: Wi-Fi Makes Trees Sick   Wi-Fi Makes Trees Sick Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:38 am

If it is doing that to trees, what the hell is it doing to us? affraid
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: Wi-Fi Makes Trees Sick   Wi-Fi Makes Trees Sick Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:52 pm

micjer wrote:
If it is doing that to trees, what the hell is it doing to us? affraid

I was thinking the same.

At least the trees don't have to go through naked body scanners
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Wi-Fi Makes Trees Sick   Wi-Fi Makes Trees Sick Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:10 pm

It might be just me but I still dont like putting a mobile/cell phone to my ear. Mine is never on and is only brought along in the car in case I get a flat or something because I can't fix things like that. Yes there convenient but I dont like them, if your going to use them get one of them ear wire things please.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: Wi-Fi Makes Trees Sick   Wi-Fi Makes Trees Sick Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:31 pm

Biggles wrote:
It might be just me but I still dont like putting a mobile/cell phone to my ear. Mine is never on and is only brought along in the car in case I get a flat or something because I can't fix things like that. Yes there convenient but I dont like them, if your going to use them get one of them ear wire things please.

The headsets are apparently worse. Redirects more of the radiation up through the wire to your brain cause the wire acts as an antenna.

I recommend using the loud speaker option and holding it away
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Wi-Fi Makes Trees Sick   Wi-Fi Makes Trees Sick Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 4:21 pm

Reunite wrote:
Biggles wrote:

The headsets are apparently worse. Redirects more of the radiation up through the wire to your brain cause the wire acts as an antenna.

I recommend using the loud speaker option and holding it away

Anything better than putting the darn things next to your head, dont do it.

When I see the young kids glued to the things 24/7 it makes me shudder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wi-Fi Makes Trees Sick   Wi-Fi Makes Trees Sick Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wi-Fi Makes Trees Sick
Page 1 of 1