the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone Empty
PostSubject: EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone   EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:32 am

http://usahitman.com/?p=7119

Richard Denison, Ph.D., is a Senior Scientist.

EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone Dispersantstockpilephotos

In an earlier post, I noted in haste some apparent discrepancies between EPA and BP acute toxicity data on the Corexit® dispersants. Little did I realize that the data mixup was actually telling me something much more significant: that the dispersant maker’s own test data demonstrate that the combination of oil plus dispersant is quite a bit more toxic than the dispersant alone and – even more significant – the combination is more acutely toxic than the oil by itself.

Let me repeat that: The data indicate that dispersed oil is more toxic than undispersed oil. EPA has posted the dispersant manufacturer Nalco’s “Technical Product Bulletins” for each of the dispersants that have been used in the Gulf: Corexit® EC9527A and Corexit® EC9500A.
Back to top Go down
Louise

Number of posts : 606
Humor : Yes!
Registration date : 2010-05-11

PostSubject: Re: EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone   EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:12 am

Mic this is a good story. Many more may benefit from stories like this. Have you heard of reddit. com? I post things there from time to time. It's a good clearing house of info that has a huge readership. It's easy to register and select the sub-reddit catagories of interest. I like it because there are so many varied sources and is constantly updated. Just a thought.

http://www.reddit.com/
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone   EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 11:22 am

Cool site. I had not seen it before.
Back to top Go down
Louise

PostSubject: Re: EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone   EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 11:49 am

micjer wrote:
Cool site. I had not seen it before.
FYI, if you're interested and decide to register, you can customize and chose your sub reddits--then only those chosen will appear on the main page when you sign in. for example; conspiracy, science, environment, world news, politics, ufos, space, canada etc

you can then up or down vote links or comment if you like. links that get upvoted receive "karma". BTW the reddit logo is an alien flower
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone   EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 6:17 am

Toxicologists: Corexit 'Ruptures Red Blood Cells, Causes Internal Bleeding', 'Allows Crude Oil To Penetrate 'Into The Cells' and 'Every Organ System'

As I have previously noted, Corexit is toxic, is less effective than other dispersants, and is actually worsening the damage caused by the oil spill. Now, two toxicologists are saying that Corexit is much more harmful to human health and marine life than we've been told. Specifically Gulf toxicologist Dr. Susan Shaw - Founder and Director of the Marine Environmental Research Institute - dove into the oil spill to examine the chemicals present.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2010/07/toxicologists-corexit-ruptures-red.html

Back to top Go down
Louise

PostSubject: Re: EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone   EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 6:34 am

I was reading this just as you posted it Mic~~~why are they spraying this poison??!!! We should all be shouting and demanding this be stopped NOW

Time for me to make some angry phone calls
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone   EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 6:41 am

It sure does prove that there is a dark agenda. What kinda leaders could stand aside and allow this to happen?

EVIL ONES !

This should be story number one across all of the media. But what do we get?

Lebron James signs with the HEAT.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone   EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 6:46 am

Check out this map. It shows what beaches are closed.

One!!!!! Grand Isle.

3 have swimming advisories,

Everything else is fine. Ya ok.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/oil-spill-environment-recreation-map.htm

In a real world all the beaches where there is any sign of oil should be closed. Especially downwind. Why are there so few realizing this?
Back to top Go down
Louise

PostSubject: Re: EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone   EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 6:47 am

Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone   EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 6:52 am

That is great Louise. Hopefully many will see it.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone   EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 3:42 pm

BIO-WARFARE: Corexit dump in the Gulf may just be the perfect delivery vehicle

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1127815/pg1

Quote :
It is important for people to understand that the witches brew in the Gulf could very well be a sinister potion designed to infect specific targeted populations with an unknown bio-warfare agent. Please read all the way
through - very extensive.

Corexit Background

I'm sure that most everyone by now knows quite a bit about Corexit. It's active ingredient is dioctyl sodium sulfosuccinate, an anionic surfactant which is commonly referred to as Aerosol OT (not to be confused with an actual aerosol of particles suspended in gas phase).
Corexit works by dispersing the oil into countless tiny droplets with the hydrophobic tails of the surfactant pointed inwards toward the oil and the hydrophilic heads pointing outwards toward the aqueous phase. The hydrophilic heads are negatively charged.

The rationale for using a dispersant such as Corexit for an oil spill is that there are some studies which suggest that the small droplets produced will be more susceptible to biodegradation. In other words, the natural breakdown of oil that occurs in seawater will occur more quickly by using a dispersant. In the meantime, however, the droplets
are suspended as an emulsion that cannot be skimmed or separated from the seawater by conventional means. The emulsion rises/sinks in the water column to the depth where it finds its neutral buoyancy. The result is the so-called oil plumes we have been hearing about in the news.

As would be expected with most emulsions, the droplet size of Corexit-oil dispersions is a function of the applied shear rate. Droplets on the order of 2 to 5 microns in diameter can easily be produced under shear conditions [1].

Effects of a Hurricane on Corexit-oil droplets

Hurricanes act like giant blenders upon the ocean, bringing cold water up from deep below the surface. An example would be Hurricane Dennis which was a Category 4 hurricane that was observed to lift sediment off the seafloor more than 50 meters deep [2] There are other examples of hurricanes inducing vertical uplifts in the water column to depths greater than 150 meters [3]

The giant oil plumes in the Gulf extend from just below the surface to more than 1000 feet deep [4]. It is very reasonable to suspect that a major hurricane would bring these plumes
to the surface where the Corexit-oil droplets would be frothed into the air by wave action.

THIS IS IMPORTANT! IT MEANS THAT THE COREXIT-OIL DROPLETS WOULD BE CONVERTED INTO AN AEROSOL FORM. MOREOVER, THE AEROSOL WOULD CARRY A NEGATIVE CHARGE DUE TO THE ANIONIC GROUPS ON THE DROPLET SURFACE. ELECTRICALLY CHARGED AEROSOLS FACILITATE PARTICULATE PENETRATION INTO
THE HUMAN LUNG! [5]

The Bio-warfare Connection

Ok, so we have an aerosol of tiny oil droplets covered with surfactant (aka micelles) delivered into the human lung. Wouldn't you know it? Micelles are an excellent way to deliver hydrophobic drugs, proteins,genetic
material, etc. into the human body! In general, it is
very difficult to deliver hydrophobic therapeutics into the body. Micelles facilitate the delivery because the therapeutic is dissolved in the "oil" phase contained in the droplet, but the droplet itself is water soluble due to the surfactant molecules on its surface. [6]

Are you with me so far? The only thing missing is the "therapeutic". What is it? Is it a protein? Is it a DNA fragment? Is it some type of drug? What is its intended purpose?

Practicalities of a Bio-warfare Attack

So why go through all this trouble to carry out a bio-warfare attack? Why not dump the agent directly on the targeted population using, say chemtrails or something? There are a few reasons that come to mind:
1) If the agent requires a "package" (e.g. micelles) to be delivered to the human body, it would be very difficult to conduct a large-scale operation that impacts such a large population simultaneously.
2) Chemtrail spraying would have to be conducted at high altitude to keep from arousing suspicion, especially for a large-scale, short duration attack. The aerosol particles would be kept aloft in the troposphere and very little would actually make it to the target.
3) Releasing a biowarfare agent in massive quantities could easily be accomplished by a single ship operating amidst an armada of oil skimming and other support vessels. VERY EASY TO MAINTAIN SECRECY OF OPERATION. SIMPLY DUMP AGENT INTO OIL PLUMES SO THAT IT IS
INCORPORATED INTO THE MICELLES.
4) Plausible deniability - when people start dropping like flies the full wrath of the population will be directed toward BP, who as we all know by now, kept spraying the dispersant in spite of the EPA telling them to stop.

Another important question is, why not use a virus or bacteria as a bio-warfare agent? I believe this may have already been tried with the swine flu. In order to have a truly massive and lethal pandemic, you need a pathogen which can be easily transmitted, does not mutate and cannot be efficiently attacked by the immune system. Viruses are easily transmitted but they mutate constantly, and when mutation frequency is combined with transmission frequency it becomes very likely that a virus will mutate into a less virulent form before having much of an impact. Bacteria are less likely to mutate, but they are difficult to transmit and are more susceptible to immune system attack.

Remember, the most important goal of a bio-warfare attack is the shock and awe factor. It is not so much about killing people as it is about filling the survivors with fear to the point that they are willing to give up just about everything for a chance at survival. It is my belief that the Corexit-oil dispersion in the Gulf provides the perfect shock and awe scenario. Once a hurricane picks up this bio-warfare agent and disperses it hundreds of miles in every direction there will be mass hysteria - exactly what is needed to break the back of this country and deliver it into the hands of those perpetrating the attack.

Is the world really this evil that they would try this???

Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone   EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 3:44 pm

Well Mic I still see those poor citizens who were going about their normal work day on 9/11, so that is the answer for me.

I still say we raid their next meeting at the Grove.
Back to top Go down
stephen Podliska
stephen Podliska

Number of posts : 596
Humor : YES and then some!
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone   EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:20 pm

As much as I LOVE to LOOK on the BRIGHT SIDE of THINGS .... when it COMES to this "OIL SPILL" and the REACTIONS that one NEWS RADIO personality in San Francisco stated.... apparently as per KGO's Ray Taliaferro, that CNN reported some 7,000 people that are NOW coming down with strange "spotted like chicken pocks" or measel (spelling?) like symptoms coming from the PEOPLE in some of the GULF OIL and "dispersant" areas around the GULF ....

.... so if any of these STORIES are TRUE ???? .... it would APPEAR that YES the DISPERSANT plus the OIL is more problematic that the OIL "typically" IS!!!! :(
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone   EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 4:57 pm

Quote :
At the time, the Valdez disaster was the worst oil spill the United States had ever seen. It was 1989 and Merle Savage, then a healthy 50-year-old, had heard the news about Exxon Valdez. Compelled to help, she spent four months cleaning up Alaska's oil-contaminated waters and shores. She has never been the same since. Now 71, Savage still feels the toll that her work that summer took on her health, but as she watches the reports coming out of the Gulf today, she's feeling something else: déjà vu.

After all, the symptoms seem to line up. A flu-like illness. Dizziness. Nausea. Nosebleeds. Vomiting. Headaches. Coughing. Difficulty breathing. Many of the same things she experienced two decades ago. Some of the same things she still experiences today. "I had an upset stomach all the time. I was throwing up, fainting, I was having trouble with my lungs," Savage said.

It's been 21 years since the Valdez. She said her health has improved over the past two decades, but still, "everything is not back to normal. It's still difficult to breathe." Asked if there's any doubt in her mind that the workers' health problems in the Gulf are due to chemical exposure, she was certain. "No. There's none," Savage said. "Let's face it, crude oil is toxic. There's no question about it. Anybody who says it isn't has to have some type of interest otherwise. The fact that you're out there in it, and the heat and humidity and the fumes, you breathe it and it's going into your lungs. I can't imagine anybody thinking different."

Quote :
The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) have set a permissible exposure limit of 1 part benzene per million parts air (1 ppm) in the workplace during an 8-hour workday, 40-hour workweek. The short-term exposure limit for airborne benzene is a mere 5 ppm for 15 minutes. Typically, if one can smell raw crude oil that has evaporated into the air from a massive oil spill, the OSHA safe limits for "short term exposure" has been exceeded.

http://www.sott.net/articles/show/211405-Gulf-Coast-Toxicity-Flu-like-Symptoms
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone   EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:18 pm

Whatever happened to that bacteria that was supposed to break up oil spills? You don't hear anything more about it these days.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone   EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:34 pm

I am afraid that the Corexit destroys the bacteria.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone   EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:49 pm

EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone Lindsaylohan
Back to top Go down
Louise

PostSubject: Re: EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone   EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:38 am

I'm going to post this here--for me, it's food for thought. I searched for this all morning and found it. This rings true for me. I'm tired of reading all the "opinions" and sensationalist reports on many sites and forums. This just sums it up for me.

To simplify in my own head and from my POV~~ the spill has been a huge event/tragedy/destructive force that many seem to be focused on all around the world. There are events every day that occur--war, disease, natural disasters(volcanoes, spirals, floods, famine), financial destruction, trafficking, corruption, the list goes on and on. Most of the time, we are personally far removed from most of it. So why is the world paying such close attention to the Gulf event? Just asking here. Why does Obama seem so detached and distant??? Is this another (huge) distraction from other events? These are questions I ask myself.

In some other posts I mention that I am tired of all the kaka and bs and disinfo. Blah, blah blah. They are feeding us fear and information nonstop.

"The real issue for me here is the use of corexit, toxicity, subversion of truth, censorship. Follow the $$$$$$$$$$$$ and the power and control.

Who Killed The Gulf?
By J. Speer Williams
7-22-10

If there's ever to be an honest final analysis of what killed the Gulf of Mexico, it will not be Mother Earth's crude oil and gases.

What did kill the Gulf? The man-made chemical dispersant, Corexit.

Well then, WHO killed the Gulf? British Petroleum, of course; but, they were only the paid killers. The important parts of the article below tell us - WHO paid the killers to do the killing, and paid the cops to look the other way, and paid the courts to declare the murder to have been an unavoidable homicide.

There's a two tiered system of justice in the United States: one for us and another for the "legalized" killers.

If you, me, and our neighbors had been running the Deepwater Horizon oil rig when it blew up in the Gulf of Mexico, and we had committed the same string of incriminating overt acts as British Petroleum (BP) has, we'd be hit from all sides by the Obama administration and the talking heads of the propaganda press. And, we'd all be lucky to get off with life in prison, with torture being a major part of the punishment.

But evidently, the corporations of the International Monetary/Banking Cartel, like British Petroleum, can pay a relatively small reimbursement fee for their horrendous crimes against humanity and all other forms of life, with the prevailing governmental and media sentiment becoming, "Oh well, it could have happened to anyone. Do the best you can to clean up your mess."

Could have happened to anyone? What about the trail of strange "coincidences" before the blowout, and the bizarre strategies and secrecies after it, with little probing from the mainstream media, and much less from the US federal government.

Did you know that

Between March 22nd and 24th of 2010 (before the Gulf oil disaster occurred) the Department of Homeland Security and the US Coast Guard conducted drills, they called [Oil] Spills of National Significance. Boy, were those guys prescient, or what?

And according to direct witness testimony, BP knew about the cracks in the drill casing of the Deepwater Horizon oil casing two weeks before the blow out?"

Please read the rest of the article here, some wonderful dots to connect.--interesting reading. http://rense.com/general91/who.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone   EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EPA data show dispersants plus oil are more toxic than either alone
Page 1 of 1