the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion

Go down 
+10
Lightning222
stal
Anchor
pilgrim
Dean Plejaren
micjer
Reunite
sky otter
WineHippie
Linda
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Linda
Linda

Number of posts : 2496
Humor : Of Course!
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 11:56 am

Has anyone studied or believe in Reincarnation and Past Lives?
I have read many stories about unexplainable memories. Since I am very suspicious of all therapists and those who call themselves 'experts' of any sort, but am open minded, I wonder what this whole subject is really all about because of course, they like to keep us confused.

I came across this site of 'information' and wondered if anyone here has any insight to share.

Reincarnation and past lives - stories and theories.

Life Before Birth
Amazing stories from people who recall an existence in another realm just prior to birth, and from people who have had startling communications with their unborn children.

The Mystery of Past Life Recall
Under hypnosis, numerous people recall the details of previous lives, even to the point of taking on the personalities of their former selves - and speaking in foreign languages!

Mystery of Reincarnation
A review of the book "Mystery of Reincarnation: The Evidence & Analysis of Rebirth" by J. Allan Danelek

The Past Lives of Children
As soon as they learn to speak, some children are able to tell remarkably detailed stories of people, places and events in what might be their past lives.

Reincarnation: Best Evidence
The idea that we have lived before, and after this lifetime will live again is fascinating and compelling. We want to believe that there is a continuity to our existence, our souls. But is there good evidence for reincarnation? Dedicated researchers say yes.

The Tragedy of Mary Gells
As a child, HRM had spontaneous recollections of a friend named Mary Gells, whose family met with tragedy decades ago. Were these memories of a past life... or something else? This is HRM's story.

All About Reincarnation: Facts and Myths
Answers several interesting questions regarding reincarnation, mostly concerning the Bible's views of it.

All This and Heaven Too: A Study in Past Lives
Researcher Carol Brierly says that many who died in WWII are now being reincarnated, including holocaust victims and Hitler Youth.

An Alternate View of Reincarnation
You may share a direct connection with one or more physical projections of your oversoul, this site says. This is the concept of "simultaneous multiple incarnations" or "parallel-selves."

Beyond Past Life Regression Into the Afterlife
Have you ever wondered what the afterlife is like? Until recently, this article says, the answers could only be discovered at the time of our death or through a near-death experience.

Can Science Uphold the Belief in Rebirth?
Is reincarnation possible? In probably the first-ever case of its kind, a forensic science expert has sought to scientifically prove the phenomenon.

Children's Past Lives
Lengthy excerpts from every chapter of Carol Bowman's book are available on this website. Included are interesting case studies of children's past lives, how to help children recall them and much more.

Cosmic Recyclables
The Division of Perceptual Studies within the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Virginia has for over forty years been scientifically studying evidence of children's memories of previous lives, as well as other puzzling phenomena. (Podcast)

In Another Life
Here you'll find a full-length documentary on reincarnation, featuring top researchers and personal accounts of people who have had reincarnation related experiences, or memories of past-lives. In streaming video.

Past Life Memory Bank
A collection of past life recollections from Europe, the Americas, Asia and from World War II. Also, memories of multiple lives.

The Real Nature of Reincarnation
If reincarnation is true, why are there so many "old ghosts"? What part might ancestral memory play in the reincarnation experience? And what would quantum mechanics have to say about reincarnation?

Reincarnation
An article on the beliefs and ideas about reincarnation in such ancient civilizations and cultures as Egypt, the Greeks, the Celts, even Christianity.

Reincarnation and Karma - Making Sense of the Madness
Over 60% of the world's population believes in some form of reincarnation. The absurdity of the "one life only" belief, this site argues, is made obvious very quickly when one considers the situation.

Reincarnation as a Scientific Fact
This site operates under Plato's theory that "the soul returns to earth in a body similar to its last one and has similar talents and inclinations" and offers lots of interesting comparison photos as evidence.

Reincarnation: Have We Lived Before?
This is psychic Edgar Cayce's view on reincarnation, which he said provided insights on the nature of humankind.

A Reincarnation in Vietnam
Ha Thi Khuyen told her parents that she was not their daughter, that she had been a daughter of a family in Van village, and that she died in an accident.

Reincarnation: Its Meaning and Consequences
Analyzes reincarnation in world religions, past-life recall as proof for reincarnation, reincarnation and cosmic justice, and reincarnation and Christianity.

Reincarnation Stories
A number of experiencers' stories can be found here including A Child's Recall, A Past Life in China, Two Civil War Stories and more.

Reincarnation: The Past Revisited
Belief in reincarnation, the idea that an essential part of a living being can survive death and later be reborn in a new body, is an ancient doctrine that has persisted for thousands of years.

Royal Child - the Pre-Birth Experience
Near-death experiencers report a sense of "returning home" when their spirits cross to the "other side." But one cannot "return to" if one has not "come from."

Someone Else's Yesterday
An interview with Jeffrey Keene, a retired Connecticut fireman who has rather good evidence that he may be the reincarnation of John B. Gordon, a Confederate Civil War General from Virginia.

Spiritual Pre-Existence
Information regarding pre-birth experiences, pre-birth of the soul, pre-birth communication in the womb, near death experiences and reincarnation and similar phenomena.

Using Regression for Past Life Recall
Past life regression is the induction of a hypnotic reverie where you relive pieces of relevant past lives. Usually regression is done with a trained hypnotist.

William Butler Yeats' Theory of Reincarnation
Reincarnation does not take place within a matrix of linear time. Rather, all of your past and future lives are going on at once, in an eternal "now" moment. Subscribe to series.

all links to the above stories are here:
http://paranormal.about.com/od/reincarnation/Reincarnation_and_Past_Lives.htm
==================

Then I read this from someone else's viewpoint on a forum and thought that this could be possible with the ET connection:

"I would like to point out something about exopolitcs via a parallel to one of the more spiritually advanced human political systems. I will show a potential danger of this most advanced human system that is often over-looked. I will then show that a similar danger exists with the xeno-hominids*.

* Because of the debates over origins and the alleged inter-relatedness and cross-breeding of humans and "aliens", I have decided to dispense with the term extra-terrestrial. If they are on Earth, they are not currently extraterrestrial, by definition. To
categorize them as such shows narrow-mindedness. At the same time, they are something wholly unfamiliar to the majority of homo sapiens on the planet. On the other hand, there are stories cross-breeding both in ancient times and modern times. Also, they are all humanoid as far as I have heard, but all humanoids on Earth are considered related to us. If their fossils were found, they would likely be considered of the homo genus. Thus I will call such visitors xeno-hominids rather than extra-terrestrials.

As you may know, in Tibetan Buddhism certain positions in the religious hierarchy are considered to be inherited by reincarnation.

These reincarnating teachers are called tulkus. A while ago while studying Buddhist philosophy I observed something interesting about the tulku succession system. That is, although the Tibetan system for identifying a reincarnated teacher may not be perfect, that even if it identifies a successor improperly, it will tend to identify somebody who is psychicly attuned. This is because they do not ask the successor, "are you the reincarnation of so and so", but rather they play games to see if he knows certain things that only the predecessor's inner circle would know. Well, so an intuitive person could be mistaken for the tulku. Things are not always as they appear.

Now the interesting thing about the tulku system in Buddhism is the assumption that somebody advanced enough to remember past lives is deserving of maintaining their position from one life to another. Let us suspend this belief for a moment, and assume that these people just have an extraordinary ability to remember a past life, but are no more virtuous than any other person of religious background. Now imagine the potential power from the knowledge of so many lives, combined with the outward recognition of succession that you don't have to fight to the top of the hierarchy, but are born into the position in each life. Possibly great power could be amassed, like the Pope, except without interruption of succession by death, because the tulku is always reborn.

Perhaps even this is what the certain Llamas have aimed for. Could the Dalai Llama become a permanent fixture in world politics, in perpetuity, growing his power with each reincarnation until global hegemony is achieved? I think you get the idea, even if you protest that it is not so. I just want you to consider the possibility.

Now, the xeno-hominids would also be concerned about reincarnation, especially if they were more advanced than us. This means that any problems they may have with their DNA is more than just a matter of survival of their species. They may be preparing vessels for their own personal reincarnations. Perhaps they see us evolving, and realize what may happen - an elite group controlling a planet.

Power, prestige, and aesthetic and hedonistic delights await whoever wins a pass into this circle. Now, if the xeno-hominids could walk among us unnoticed, they could find their way to the top. So they make crossbreeds who can do this, and reincarnated into these bodies. Thus the xeno-hominids become the ruling elite of mankind.

The issue is not who is more evolved.

The question, what is really going on that these beings need us for? The old stories, whether of the fae or the elves or the nephelim the djin, or what have you, all say the same thing – The invisible ones may be our protectors, but if they want your children, or they want to cross into the world of men and do mischief unseen, to enchant you, and take away your free will, they are up to no good.

Beware!

Considering that these xeno-homids have been mistaken for all manner of supernatural beings, we can better understand the sinister machinations of the Bible.

"O [xeno-hominid], what is man for you to consider him? What is a mortal for you to take him into account? Man is a breath of air, his days a passing shadow. He shines in the morning then disappears, in the evening he wilts and dries up. You reduce man to the worst humiliation [such as abduction and humiliating surgical procedures], but you also tell him: repent, O son of Adam! If men were wise they would surely understand this advice and would consider their end.
For man, at his death, takes nothing with him, his riches will not accompany him [because he has not mastered reincarnation like the xeno-hominids]. Remain pure and aim at being right, for man's ultimate goal should be to be worthy of eternal peace. The [xeno-hominid] will save the souls of those who serve Him [because he does remember past lives], and those who have faith in him will never regret."

But rather than trusting and having faith as the Bible naggingly commands, I implore you rather to be skeptical and search for truer understanding. For what good does it do you to serve an unrewarding slave-driver?

Better to master yourself, rather than to be mastered. Humanity must unite to end suffering, and we must reclaim the technology that is being hidden from us by those who remember what we have forgotten.

Yes, they will tell you that you are like ants to them. That is just rhetoric. Like when the talking heads on TV say things but you can't argue back because the talking heads on TV can't hear you and don't listen.

You see, "they are just animals" has been used to justify interplanetary wars before. But this is something different. This is not about one species using another species. Rather they are infiltrating our species.

For what purpose? To infiltrate our world. Resist tyrrany!"

Hmmmm....now I just wonder what is the real truth and what are the lies.... questionb
Back to top Go down
http://wheresoulsreside.com/
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 1:23 pm

when i was reading seth books, lo those many years ago, he
discussed reincarnation... at the time, it made sense to me, for
my own experience anyway, because it seemed to answer so
many questions.

* why do you feel sometimes upon meeting someone an instant
like or dislike?

* where does an irrational fear come from?

* why so many varying degrees of masculinity/femininity?

"Reincarnation/Reincarnational Selves ~ the human psyche is a source self capable of manifesting multiple lifetimes. In the context of a multidimensional universe that has multiple, parallel dimensions and space/time frameworks, the psyche manifests simultaneous incarnations, not reincarnations. Since the psyche is also immersed in simultaneous time – Frameworks 2, 3, 4, and “inward” – this means that there is no finished past or preordained future, no cause and effect, no linear reincarnations (but simultaneous manifestations that affect each other), and no karma in the premodern sense. Discussed in detail in The Seth Material."

source: http://newworldview.com/library/Helfrich_P_glossary.html
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 2:44 pm

you may want to sleep thur this Sleep ..it's long and just my voice droning on..hahahahaha

Wow..this is one of the things i have spent a lot of time on..

here's a partial list of some of the stuff on my book shelves...hey i'm old and before the internet you actually had to read books..

Edgar Cayce books
Ruth Montgomery books
Bob Monroe books
Gary Sukav books
many lives, many masters and others by Brain Wiess
..this one actually convinced my very catholic mother
Reliving Past Lives - Helen Wambach
Practical Guide to Past Life Regression - Florence McClain
Shirley MacClaine books
Search for the Girl with Green Eyes - Jess Stern
Dick Stupeh stuff..lots of tapes and books
My passport Reads Clairvoyant - MB. Dyksoorn
Celestine Prophecy series - N.D. Walsh
R. Bach stuff
Reincarnation,A New Horizon in Science, Religion & Society
- S. Cranston & S. Williams
The Search for Grace - Dr. Bruc Goldberg
The Seth books
The Ra Material
Earth Speel Series - recieved by Ceanne Derohan
ok..i've stoppped looking at the shelf for names..but yeah there are more..sigh

lots of classes with different names
even signed up and paid a bunch of money for a hypnosis class for professionals
at the first break i ran like hell and years and years later i am still getting
letters from this Doctor..blahhhhhhhhhh

years ago i think like most of us i wanted to know the whys of my life
why did i get here now
why do i have these parents and siblings
why do i know stuff about certain friends that they don't know
why am i married to this guy and not someone else
that kind of stuff

so i read anything i could get my hands on and made my own self hynosis tape
with my voice and my questions and proceded to dig ..
now
here's the part where you go on faith or belief or assumption
i got answers hummmmmmmmmmmm
now what..hahahahahahahahahah

well it helped me to work thur a lot of me stuff and after all it was me i was working on
anger stuff, self belief stuff, fears and longings

so do i believe we lived many lives..not sure it matters anymore
i keep going thur the idea that it is all a dream and we are all dreamers
the seth stuff replays in my head and makes it hurt when i go here for too long..
it seems like an endless spiral with lots of little spirals to visit along the way

it did help me to be at peace with who i think i am for a lot of years
and now
i don't think it matters ..we are past the point of it mattering

looking back isn't what we need now..looking at our abilities to change and maybe thinking about where we want to be now and next..
and how to not screw it up in getting there

so
i have come to a place of calm and i have decided that for me a daily thought of joy and holding that is what i need to do

all the rest is just conversation

warp
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 4:13 pm

sky otter wrote:
you may want to sleep thur this Sleep ..it's long and just my voice droning on..hahahahaha

Wow..this is one of the things i have spent a lot of time on..

years ago i think like most of us i wanted to know the whys of my life
why did i get here now
why do i have these parents and siblings
why do i know stuff about certain friends that they don't know
why am i married to this guy and not someone else
that kind of stuff

so i read anything i could get my hands on and made my own self hynosis tape
with my voice and my questions and proceded to dig ..
now
here's the part where you go on faith or belief or assumption
i got answers hummmmmmmmmmmm
now what..hahahahahahahahahah

me toooooooooooooo! i would add to bookshelf Carlos Castaneda, Mary Summer Rain,
Dan Millman, and then books on tarot, i ching, pendulums, crystals,
astrology, biorythyms, palm reading, handwriting analysis, psychics, mediums,
hallucinogens, dysfunctional families, visualization, omg, on and on.....

Quote :
well it helped me to work thur a lot of me stuff and after all it was me i was working on
anger stuff, self belief stuff, fears and longings

so do i believe we lived many lives..not sure it matters anymore
i keep going thur the idea that it is all a dream and we are all dreamers
the seth stuff replays in my head and makes it hurt when i go here for too long..
it seems like an endless spiral with lots of little spirals to visit along the way

to me now, it seems fractal

Quote :
it did help me to be at peace with who i think i am for a lot of years
and now
i don't think it matters ..we are past the point of it mattering

well, it was school, and we learned, and we are here NOW

Quote :
looking back isn't what we need now..looking at our abilities to change and maybe thinking about where we want to be now and next..
and how to not screw it up in getting there

i agree that dwelling on the past with any kind of guilt or regret
or to be "stuck there" for any reason is a drag, but in another
sense we must look WAY back at what our ancestors are telling
us to get a feel for how we could be growing into the future...

Quote :
so i have come to a place of calm and i have decided that for me a daily thought of joy and holding that is what i need to do

all the rest is just conversation

and i am grateful to have had this conversation with you
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 4:46 pm

I have read Dolores Cannon's material.

What I find fascinating about past life regression is the source of the answers. You don't have to rely on some psychic's perspective or visions, instead your own sub-conscious is given yourself a spoken reply.

Hypnosis is the best proof of how our minds are programmed and conditioned to what we percieve and believe as physical reality. Here is an example of a hypnotic subject whilst under hypnosis I read in the 'Holographic Universe' by Michael talbot. This person whilst under was asked to read a scripture on the back of a watch, however under normal circumstances this would be labeled 'impossible' as a volunteer was standing inbetween the watch and the person under hypnosis. So in order to read was was written on the back of the watch the hypnotic subject would view this person as invisible to see through his body and read the scripture. Well guess what the hypnotic subject read it word for word.

More proof everything is just illusion created throught the conditional of our minds.

Winehippie Dan Millman rocks! Way of the Peaceful Warrior is one of my all time favorite books
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Feb 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Whoa! Looks like we have some experts on this board. Thanks for all the info.....
I just have one question....how the heck am I going to find the time to read everything? hypnotisedb

No sleep for me. sleepwalk
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:35 pm

hey
does anyone think they have relatives who are reincarnated ..

just curious
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:23 pm

http://www.brianweiss.com/index.htm

Dr Weiss gives a very good interview on this subject.

4000 patients (two thirds will have a past life memory the first treatment.)

:swirlb:
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:18 pm

Thanks micjer, I'm listening to the videos now.

Sky, do you think any of your relatives have reincarnated? Or yourself?
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 6:53 am

Brian has some great stories to share. I love the one where the chinese surgeon went to him with her interpreter. She could only speak chinese and did know any english. Yet under hypnosis she began to speak excellent english. The funny part was the interpreter was translating her words back into chinese. Brian had to stop him.

He also has stories about birth marks that through past life theropy will be the same place that the person may have been shot and killed or a head ache could be from where they had fallen and hit their head. All fascinating.

I truly believe this man.

What about the one where the young woman was able to remember her recent past life and having 8 children. Most of them were still alive and she was able to find them and was able to tell things to the people that only a mother would know. The father had not taken care of these kids and most had ended up in foster care.

For anyone interested in this, he is well worth listening to and better still he is putting on a couple of seminars which you could attend. It is listed on his web-site. (above link)
Back to top Go down
Dean Plejaren

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:38 am

What the hell is this? See who can come up with the most information to impress?

Come on.....

Ian Stevernson. How could you miss this guy if you are interested in this subject......

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/reincarnation01.html

The fact this guy wasn't mentioned here proves a total non interest in the subject over the long term. Because you cannot. I repeat you cannot miss this guy.....if you are genuinely involved in the study of this subject.......It's impossible to miss. But it might be possible if you only posted for the sake of proving all you read without actually looking. I'm one of those people that is interested in learning....So I legitimately knew about this guy. I'm not just pretending to be an expert and interested.......I actually am interested in it....for real. There's a difference between a fake seeker that pretends to know....and one that actually looks for answers all the time. I'm not faking it. I cannot mix with fakers anymore than water can mix with oil.

Quote :
Ian Stevenson is the former head of the Department of Psychiatry at the University of Virginia, and now is Director of the Division of Perceptual Studies at the University of Virginia. He has devoted the last 40 years to the scientific documentation of past life memories of children from all over the world and has over 3000 cases in his files. Many people, including skeptics and scholars, agree that these cases offer the best evidence yet for reincarnation.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 7:53 am

Dean, I had not heard of this guy.

I do agree he seems to have some excellent info. Thanks for the link.
Back to top Go down
Dean Plejaren

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 8:11 am

You're very welcome indeed. He is retired now. If I knew about it there's no reason why others shouldn't be aware of who has revealed the leading evidence on reincarnation.

But I don't know anything don't listen. I'm just here to cause drama.

No, I do see the bigger picture what's going on it's not to prove anything behind my motives. I am actually legitimately wanting to help out......It's not about ego at all. Just the attitude of learning and progressing. And empowering people. The more people better off the better I can rest.

So anyone abusing me, your in the way of this kind of information being known. It's got nothing to do with personality or needs and how I feel. This is about others....

I think Linda is trying to make it look confusing and overwhelming. But follow my link to one person and suddenly it's much more clear and comprehensible to study.

Funny that.....

Last edited by Dean Plejaren on Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 8:30 am

Hi Micjer
yes Brain Wiess is fascinating...i have most of his books and have leant them out a lot too

it is a subject that has drawn my attention for a long time and to me it explains some things..not everything but some

Linda
i had read somewhere that you have to go and review your life and all that stuff unless you die in an accident
well my youngest sister rolled a jeep at age 29 back in 1985..she died instantly..we were devestated
and lots of things happened that to this day i have a hard time wrapping my brain around
but my brother who she was closest too emotionally finds out 6 weeks later that his 2nd wife is pregnant..
no thoughts of anything but her communication with me stopped about that time
and when my nephew was born i knew it was my sister....
unfortunately he still has all her bad traits and none of her good ones but that's a whole other topic..

if you were telling me the story i would have a lot of wells and what ifs for you and all so since it is me..i have to go with my gut and know it really is her now him and i don't think she has learnt much..so kinda sad ..

Micjer a lot of the edgar cayce stuff is where i started..he is a fascinating man..i'm not sure he has returned as wilcox or not..
Back to top Go down
Dean Plejaren

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 8:33 am

Hi sky.....You're online.

Reincarnation. Ian Stevernson......
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 8:37 am

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
pilgrim

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:36 am

Victor Zammit has a free online book which is worthy of a read and he provides some good links
to other sites. I receive his weekly news letter but his personality is very abrasive.

http://www.victorzammit.com/

here's another good site for near death experiences

http://www.near-death.com/index.html

But you have to take some of the stuff with a pinch of salt giving what we know about alien influences etc.
Back to top Go down
Dean Plejaren

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:15 am

Pilgrim now who isn't listening. I already posted that near death site 3 times already since I been at this forum. The 3rd time was just a minute ago on the first page of this thread.
dean wrote:
Ian Stevernson. How could you miss..
http://www.near-death.com/experiences/reincarnation01.html

And sky another piece of the puzzle to your garden downloaded....It's only a matter of time before I have the full picture.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 8:52 pm

cheers

perhaps now that a conversation can be had..some one would like to start one

wave
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 4:27 am

Lets assume for the moment that reincarnation is a fact, and that past life recall is possible.

Why is remembering what one did in a past life important?

The only possibilities that I can come up with are either to understand the background to a karmic position that may (or may not be) be conditioning the current incarnation, or simple curiosity.

I think it is difficult to remember past lives for the simple reason that unless one is ready and extremely well grounded and balanced, the memories of past lives could so badly distort the mind as to endanger the current incarnation. You may remember being a child molester, or some medieval feudal lord experiencing some fun and games with power.

I have read (and feel I agree with) the notion that most people who are incarnating today on the ascendant paths are karmically clear (from the perspective of their chosen paths) and only have a a few remaining issues to work out.

Sometimes it may be possible to be told one or two factors about past lives by people who are able to read the akashic record, either directly or indirectly and it can be quite useful.

I was told about some very recent past lives of my own that were very hard lives of labor and daily struggle for survival, I have taken this as an explanation the relative ease with which I have passed through my current incarnation so far. (And alleviated some guilt distortions I was feeling at how easy my life was).

A..
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 8:46 am

Hi Anchor

i see your point on why bother... i really don't now but when much younger i wanted to know why i had these parents and certain friends.. i didn't feel at home with the people that surrounded me and i was in search of the why...
i did get some answers and that helped me get on with the now..

and really there you are with knowledge that has helped you..perhaps in a small but significant way..now that is important

i have always laughed at anyone wanting to be big shots in past lives..

i did have some fobia's for lack of a better term and what i found out just let me live with them..kinda like your not feeling guilty now..

so that's my reasoning....about my sister coming back as my nephew..well that just happened and i was aware of it...more like observation than participation if you know what i mean..

wavin
Back to top Go down
stal
stal

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 8:56 am

have never really researched this subject, or read any of the afformentioned authors, but pretty sure that i have been around for a while.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 9:21 am

I would say that I am also lucky that I have had an easier time than lots in this life time. To go back for anything other than curiousity is not a concern for me.

The people I do wonder about are the ones that seem to have been dealt a bad card. Someone restricted to wheelchair, blind, deaf, living in constant pain etc. I often wondered what they had done in past lives to deserve what they were given.

Dr. Weiss has said that someone who for example hated blacks, could very well come back as a black person in their next life. He had a case where someone went back and found that they were a Nazi in WW2 and helped in the rounding up of Jews. Guess what , this life he (this life a she) came back as a Jew!

I do believe in kharma.
Back to top Go down
pilgrim

Number of posts : 554
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 9:58 am

I really don't know about reincarnation and anything I do think of it is pure supposition based on my reasoning, my intuition, other peoples reasoning, books and accounts of hypnotic regression.
I truly believe that life continues, and this belief comes from every fibre of my being. It does not come from a fear of death, the 'hope' of existence after this experience nor any religious indoctrination.
It is intellectually reasoned, scientifically backed and intuitively felt.
Is it not the closed minded sceptics that are 'hoping' that this is the one and only lifetime? Then there would be no karmic debt to pay, no more 'self inflicted' pain and suffering etc, just blissfully unaware sleep.
I feel that it is extemely important to approach this subject with open minded scepticism, and I think I have achieved that. It is from this background that my present paradigm stems. I remain an open minded sceptic because those beliefs over the years have flowed and ebbed with increasing knowledge and query, not through dogma and fear induced indoctrination. Obviously I am subjective because I come from a certain standpoint, but I know that point will change either to dispel current beliefs or strengthen them.
To date they are being strengthened thanks to more freedom of information and Quantum physics.

My present thoughts on consciously remembering past lives are that to remember them.,would negate the present experience we are currently having.., this life.
The innate knowledge and wisdom that we call intuition comes from past lives experiences that we act on or ignore at our cost., in my opinion. That is the evolving spirit,soul, being, person., call it what you will. I for one, am nowhere near evolved enough to remember all my past experiences, in that I can incorporate them in a single lifetime, I have too much to learn still.
When we as a species can act on this past wisdom as naturally as we breathe, then., and only then will we be ready for the next phase, whatever that is.
This is not to say that our dimensional frequencies will not change in the interim period, far from it. I think it is necessary for this frequency change to occur in order to facilitate our evolutionary growth, if the Source of all deems we are ready.

Past life regression is a great tool for healing and learning, and that's all it is.,a tool.
There is a Dr. Allen Botkin whom discovered " Induced After Death Communication" in 1995, http://induced-adc.com/ , and he does tremendous work with war veterans and those suffering from all consuming (& unnecessary) grief. But it is all too easy to get fixated on this and forget to live this present life.

I'm in danger of going on a wee bit here, but these are just my opinions and I would appreciate any imput, argument or debate to relieve me of my heretical notions.

Tom.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 10:33 am

Tom said,
Quote :
Past life regression is a great tool for healing and learning, and that's all it is.,a tool.
There is a Dr. Allen Botkin whom discovered " Induced After Death Communication" in 1995, http://induced-adc.com/ , and he does tremendous work with war veterans and those suffering from all consuming (& unnecessary) grief. But it is all too easy to get fixated on this and forget to live this present life.

I would totally agree with this. Someone who has a phobia or unexplained nightmares can be cured by going back and exploring possible causes or past life traumas that may be the source of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion   Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reincarnation and Past Lives Discussion
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next