the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a "curious and controversial career"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

a "curious and controversial career" Empty
PostSubject: a "curious and controversial career"   a "curious and controversial career" Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:48 am

from a website i have yet to dig into...
this piece of an article on william pelley
intrigues me, found it interesting, thought i
would post mid-read

THE CURIOUS AND CONTROVERSIAL CAREER OF WILLIAM DUDLEY PELLEY:
FROM NATIONALIST POLITICS
TO HIGHER METAPHYSICS

"In the late 1920s, this author and emerging activist also continued an avid, at times almost consuming interest in spiritism and mystical, clairvoyant experiences. While some would call this “occult” or “New Age” as his predilections ran to séances and spirit readings, when one reads his books, it is clear that Pelley was no dilettante or dabbler. He had embarked on a profound inquiry based on a deep sincere spiritual interest about our true origins, purpose in life, nature of God, lives to come, and lots more. Like the metaphysical literary renaissance era of the late 19th century, the 1920s and 1930s were a time of extensive public interest in other dimensions, spirit communication, alternate religions and life after death, etc. The bland Methodism of his youth had little impact, but the revelatory (shall I say, “prophetic”?) experience that followed gave new directions to his life. In WHY I BELIEVE THE DEAD ARE ALIVE (1950), he reports a paranormal, prophetic and life-directing experience. “It was not until the early part of 1928, when I had withdrawn to a little writing-bungalow near the foot of Mt. Lowe in Altadena, California, that the mystic curtain suddenly rolled backward and showed me something of the colossal, beautiful machinery that operates—as I call it—behind physical life.” There’s no room here to do it justice, but for a few more details, see SEVEN MINUTES IN ETERNITY (1929, 1954)."

By Harrell Rhome, Ph.D.

full article here: http://www.gnosticliberationfront.com/curious_and_controversial_ca.htm
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com

a "curious and controversial career"
Page 1 of 1