the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

South Korea ship sinks, North vessel fired at

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Somamech
Somamech

Number of posts : 2954
Registration date : 2009-07-11

South Korea ship sinks, North vessel fired at Empty
PostSubject: South Korea ship sinks, North vessel fired at   South Korea ship sinks, North vessel fired at Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 9:43 am

South Korea's navy opened fire at an unidentified ship near the North Korean border in the Yellow Sea after one of its own ships was sunk, Yonhap news agency said.

South Korea's military said a ship from its navy was sinking but could not immediately confirm any firing.

Broadcaster SBS said many sailors were feared dead.

The Seoul government convened an emergency security meeting after the sinking of its ship with more than 100 crew members off the Seoul-controlled island of Baengnyeong.

South Korea's YTN TV network said South Korea was looking into whether it was due to a torpedo attack by the North.

The 1,500-ton vessel sank between 9:00 pm and 10:00 pm (local time). A rescue operation was underway.

MBC television said about half the crew had so far been saved.

Yonhap news agency quoted officials as saying there was an explosion in the rear of the ship but the cause was unknown.

The disputed border in the Yellow Sea was the scene of deadly naval clashes in 1999 and 2002.

North Korea in recent weeks has said it was bolstering its defences in response to joint South Korean-US military drills that were held this month.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/03/27/2857759.htm
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: South Korea ship sinks, North vessel fired at   South Korea ship sinks, North vessel fired at Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 9:46 am

This is pretty Big news in Taiwan :(
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: South Korea ship sinks, North vessel fired at   South Korea ship sinks, North vessel fired at Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:10 am

I'm watching all the major Taiwan news channels right now and there is some very ODD pre-made footage from Sth Korea showing Naval Bravo and readyness. Taiwan being Taiwan there was also a report about a scooter crash in between ROFL

too funny
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: South Korea ship sinks, North vessel fired at   South Korea ship sinks, North vessel fired at Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:39 am

Technically are these two countries still at war?

Any chance this is a false flag event?

Quote :
The North has also tried to play a bit of diplomacy. In January, Pyongyang urged the U.S. to sign a peace treaty officially ending the Korean War in exchange for nuclear talks.

Answering my own question. hehe

http://www.cleveland.com/world/index.ssf/2010/03/us_south_korea_begin_war_games.html
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: South Korea ship sinks, North vessel fired at   South Korea ship sinks, North vessel fired at Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:08 am

them scooters are dangerous
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: South Korea ship sinks, North vessel fired at   South Korea ship sinks, North vessel fired at Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:27 am

micjer wrote:
Technically are these two countries still at war?

Any chance this is a false flag event?

Quote :
The North has also tried to play a bit of diplomacy. In January, Pyongyang urged the U.S. to sign a peace treaty officially ending the Korean War in exchange for nuclear talks.

Answering my own question. hehe

http://www.cleveland.com/world/index.ssf/2010/03/us_south_korea_begin_war_games.html

I have no idea Mic, but when my lass called me from Taiwan she was quite scared. News did the job there to some degree, but knowing Asia a little I can see why, especially Taiwan. Taiwan is not China yet the West (UN) never gave TW independant staus they deserve sadly. (Its a sad story)

The last I read read Taiwan still has the freest media in Asia...but slipping due to the nonce in power now who is really Chinese.
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: South Korea ship sinks, North vessel fired at   South Korea ship sinks, North vessel fired at Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 11:31 am

Lost my story there sorry LOL

My point was is that Taiwanese are always a bit worried about being taken over by China for the most part. So when they see instabillity in the region they get a little nervous.

Sad really. :(
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: South Korea ship sinks, North vessel fired at   South Korea ship sinks, North vessel fired at Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 7:00 pm

You know Soma, this North/South Korea situation and Taiwan is a real problem for me personally. I do not trust North Korea's motives to do with anything. I am absolutely positive they are just waiting for anyone to dare do anything against them because they themselves know the arsenal they have got. I am sure the western governments think they do, but I dont think they know the full extent.

I think the reason Taiwan is safe at the moment is because the North Koreans know what would happen on a world wide scale if they tried to be funny in that regard.

Has your lady thought of moving out with you Soma. My eldest son now has his partner from Vietnam out here with him, although they are getting married in a week or so.

Oh God, why do I always worry about writing something personal, oh that's right the ex lurking again and getting pissy everytime I mention something about the family. Where are those icons I have for him, hold on I am getting them. peek ha ha poke poke
Back to top Go down
Somamech
Somamech

PostSubject: Re: South Korea ship sinks, North vessel fired at   South Korea ship sinks, North vessel fired at Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 9:30 am

O thanking you Biggzy :)

Yeah the Taiwan thing is a worry for me also regarding China and possible scenarios. I owuld move there in a shake of a lambs tail if all this fiasco of tensions between the west and what have you were not going on!

Its a real deal breaker at the moment as the GFC has hit Taiwan, and about to hit here. So we can either choose to set up shop here on land and hope to get a job to supplement living off the land. Or live over there (on the land again). Tough choice!

All in all though regarding this STH Korean ship its freaking ODD.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: South Korea ship sinks, North vessel fired at   South Korea ship sinks, North vessel fired at Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

South Korea ship sinks, North vessel fired at
Page 1 of 1