the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

survival stories.....do you have one to share ????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
zuni
zuni

Number of posts : 1319
Humor : does a fat kid miss cake ???
Registration date : 2009-01-23

survival stories.....do you have one to share ???? Empty
PostSubject: survival stories.....do you have one to share ????   survival stories.....do you have one to share ???? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 4:20 am

i have had 2 near death survival experiences........both were on full moon nights.......i used to be very athletic......once when i was living in colorado.......i was climbing a moutain with a friend on the full moon.......i feel off a 20 meter cliff.....and bounced down hill another 25 meters.......i was knocked unconcious......it my friend said he was yelling my name but i never answered and he thought i could never have servived a fall like that.....he said it took him 45 minites to get down to me......but when he got there he found me walking around lost covered with blood......he asked me where i was going.....i told him i was going home .....i guess he thought it was a strange answer cause i didn´t acutally live any where.....i slept on my thermarest beside the river............he said do you know your name ?? and me having a head injory got iritated with these questions....because i could not figure out how i got there.....i didn´t realize i had fallen off a cliff.......he tried to take me to a hospital but i refused becayse i don´t use hospitals.........after he explaind to me what had happened i told him to keep me awake all night.......i couldn´t read for three years after.......but now i´m ok.......

the other time i was living in hawaii......i guess i shoul start by saying i am a very very weak swimmer.......i am one of those doggy paddel types...my friend was teaching me for a few weeks to sail a catamaran.......a small one........that night there was a full moon party near the beach.......i asked if we could go for a sail....he said sure but i had to be captin this time.....i was excited.....i loved to go fast.......my friend said he wanted to roll a spliff i told him to wait till we got further out cause i wanted go fast.....i told him to hung on........we started flyin......we were way out past the reef.........when suddenly my friend fell off.......i was like holly shit.......but the catamaran wwas going so fast that......i couldn´t stopp in that moment......i got nervouse and by that point i was pretty far from my friend......i tried to turn but i lost control and flipped the boat.......i was calling for him but nothing......i tried to hang on the side of the boat to put it back up but i was not heavy enough......i didný know what to do.....also i was worried about sharks......the boat i i were so far from the reef maybe a mile and the reef was like a mile from shore......and as i stood there on the boat the lights in the far off distance became smaller and smaller.....so i knew i for sure never had even dreamed of swimming that far....i had no floating device.....and also i was worried for my friend.......in hawaii you can just float away.......so i desided i would try to make it to shore.....to save us both i was scared shitless when i dove off the boat..........i swam and floated and took in so much water i was almost sure i would die.....plus i was about to miss getting back into the cove because of the curents.........well after a long long time.....i finally made it to the far side of the beach......where i colapsed on the saND but i was still worried about my friend.......the party was still like a mile and a half down the beach.....so i tried to run.....but i was so tired i kept falling down.........finally when i made it back to the party hours had gone by......i broke into the party telling the people how i lost my friend at sea.....they told me another person was also lost.....just as we were setting up a resuce to search for my friend we saw to catamarans comming to the shore......it was my friend and his catamaran......when he saw me he jumped off ran to me and hugged me......it turned out that he swam back to get help for me but hours later they found the boat on it´s side with me missing.......they said they searched for me but thought i was dead for sure cause they never thought i could have swam that far.......but my lungs hurt for weeks cause of all the water i had taken in........

if we are open the cosmos will look after us.........like a mother looks after a child.......
:clover:
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: survival stories.....do you have one to share ????   survival stories.....do you have one to share ???? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 10:45 am

Hi zuni,

Great stories zuni.
Back to top Go down
Dean Plejaren

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: survival stories.....do you have one to share ????   survival stories.....do you have one to share ???? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 5:27 am

Wow Zuni amazing stories. That was really good reading.

I only had one time where I was close to death. Time went incredibly slow I still remember it clearly. When I was about 9 years old I was playing on a rocky cliff near some water holes. We were bush walking and there was this waterhole in the mountain but over the edge was a massive cliff and trickling water going over the edge not much but enough to cover the rocks.

We were sliding along the green moss into the water hole like a water slide. I wasn't paying attention I slid past the water hole and then I looked and I was about to slide off the cliff. By this time I was going pretty fast and then the situation finally dawned on me what I had done. So I got my hands and put my fingernails into the rock the green moss slid under my fingernails but I felt the rock tearing away at my nails too.

So I managed to slow down enough right on the edge which became a massive drama. Because I was scared to move now.....I was in this awkward position where my fingernails and toes were the only thing keeping me in place from going over the edge. And it wasn't much. People didn't notice what happened either. I was out of sight. I didn't feel like waiting for them in that position.

If my hand slipped I would just slide off. It was the worst feeling. So I lifted one of my legs to try get some better grip somewhere. It was a very slow process. I remember thinking this is ridiculous I have played games like this before but if I fail I'm going to die. I gradually clawed my way up bit by bit cm by cm. Until I found a branch which I grabbed. Then I used that to get onto the rocks then I was fine. But it was such a close call I didn't want to speak to anyone and I sat there for the next hour doing nothing but getting over the shock.

I love it how you use the dots....That's how I like to write sometimes.
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

Number of posts : 1319
Humor : does a fat kid miss cake ???
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: survival stories.....do you have one to share ????   survival stories.....do you have one to share ???? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:01 am

hi dean...... great story yourself !!!!......yeah this is a terrible feeling when your slipping and you feel if you move you´ll loose your grip for sure.........

it also happend to me once when i was splunking in colorado.......we should have been using ropes but we were dare devils and never even brought ropes......this cave was huge....national geographic never found the end of it actually.......we were about 4 hours deep into the cave.....

if i would have fallen it would have been a sure death........because i would have broken every bone in my body falling down in the crack from so high up.........

there were four of us and usually we have to all move together in a line........in case someone slipps your buddy would catch you.........well for some reason we got seperated.....and i ended up on a small ledge that was wet, smooth, and and slanted down.........there was nothing to hold on to...........i noticed that i was in trouble and started yelling for my buddy..........when he came back and saw me on the ledge he was freaked out cause he didn´t know how to get to me.........i was like dude i have like 30 seconds.....he was like i don´t know what to do cause i can´t get over there........i felt myself slipping but tried to stay calm cause i knew if i freaked i was a gonner........finally he said that i would have to jump twords him and he would catch my arm.......well it was a huge distance to jump.......i didn´t see this solution clearly but i had to try cause there was no other solution........

so i took a deep breath and told him now as i jumped...........well i had missed the ledge he was standing on but i managed to grab his hand.........the force of my momentum nearly pulled him off the ledge.......luckily i´m tiny and he was huge and managed to regain his balance........he was stong enough to pull me up from where i was hanging to the ledge he was on.........i think it was the adrenalin rush that saved us.............. we were totally high from the rush.......it was 5 hours after when we got out of the cave when we realized shit we were dam lucky.......
Back to top Go down
Dean Plejaren

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2009-01-28

PostSubject: Re: survival stories.....do you have one to share ????   survival stories.....do you have one to share ???? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 5:09 am

That's a good one lol

When I was a kid we had this after school obsession with going through the drain pipes under the neighborhood. I don't know why it was just who can go deepest down the scary dark tunnels.

We ended up bringing torches and everything. Because we got more brave with it each day. We wanted to see where it went...

It was hilarious. There was cobwebs and now an then we herd rushing water and thought ok the water is going to flood us where we going to go we are half way in already...... But it never happened. Each hundred meters or so there is what we called a "light" which is the drain opening the water goes into on the gutters. But from our perspective it was a light source and each one of those was what we used to map our locations. So we made a few turns and thought we were lost and would never find our way out of it. So we decided we had to keep going. Eventually we found this small light at the end. To our relief....And came out the other side of the block to where there was a river where all the water must go. So the mystery was over where it went too.

Soon after that they blocked it off. Because some people complained about the danger of it. But by that time we were finished anyway.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: survival stories.....do you have one to share ????   survival stories.....do you have one to share ???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

survival stories.....do you have one to share ????
Page 1 of 1