the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

vitamin D - IMPORTANT

Go down 
+4
Linda
Reunite
Northern Boy
WineHippie
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

vitamin D - IMPORTANT Empty
PostSubject: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:03 am

we have discussed vitamins before, and i had
maintained that the vitamin C pushed by
Linus Pauling, et al, is not nearly as effective as
vitamin D for fighting dis-ease...
watch this vid, then go out and get some sun, if
you can... this is one way to immunize against
colds and FLU

Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Northern Boy
Northern Boy

Number of posts : 1236
Registration date : 2009-01-26

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:33 am

This makes since and helps explain the chem trails reduce the body`s Vitamin D intake so the flu can attack easier
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:02 pm

i am in a real pissy mood today, and this info
is just plain makin' me angry
flaming
Back to top Go down
Northern Boy
Northern Boy

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:05 pm

oh oh help me out Wh
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:07 pm

what you need, NB?
Back to top Go down
Northern Boy
Northern Boy

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:08 pm

saw you were bummed thought maybe at me , anything we can do to alter your consciousness fine lady
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 12:11 pm

oh no, not at you, sir
woke up this way, trying to shake off cuz do not
want to go into meditation in this mindset....
it pisses me off when i am pissed off
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:44 pm

I tell you what WH I am real sick of the deception too!

Let's counteract and continue to share vital info like Vitamin D.

We are on the winning side and we will win.
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:48 pm

egads, reunite.... notice my post above at 11:11
(which i did not notice before now)
and your post at 4:44
here come dose heebie jeebies......
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

Number of posts : 2496
Humor : Of Course!

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 6:10 pm

Good catch WineHippie. flower
Back to top Go down
http://wheresoulsreside.com/
Lightning222

Number of posts : 2198
Humor : most definitely
Registration date : 2009-07-26

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 2:48 am

An update, I've taken Vitamin D supplements before but after all the recent news on how over half of the population is deficient in this vitamin and the government recommended doses are grossly ineffective to the needs of the body, I started a megadose daily supplement about a week ago.

I suffer from severe bone and joint pain from RA and OA as well as several car accidents. I take anti-inflammatory meds daily along with glucosamine/condroitin/omega3 and tylenol. For years this along with a positive mental conditioning to ignore the condition, good diet, exercise enabled me to tolerate the condition.

For the last few months the pain is unbearable and nothing recommended by the medical establishment was acceptable to me.

I read that megadoses of vitamin D aids in these conditions so I thought okay I'll give it a try.

Well, let me say that I'm impressed with the results so far. I'm taking about 3800 iu a day and am not suffering with any bone and joint pain. I know I'm getting other benefits from this as well. Just wanted to share something postitve. vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 2:48 am

An update, I've taken Vitamin D supplements before but after all the recent news on how over half of the population is deficient in this vitamin and the government recommended doses are grossly ineffective to the needs of the body, I started a megadose daily supplement about a week ago.

I suffer from severe bone and joint pain from RA and OA as well as several car accidents. I take anti-inflammatory meds daily along with glucosamine/condroitin/omega3 and tylenol. For years this along with a positive mental conditioning to ignore the condition, good diet, exercise enabled me to tolerate the condition.

For the last few months the pain is unbearable and nothing recommended by the medical establishment was acceptable to me.

I read that megadoses of vitamin D aids in these conditions so I thought okay I'll give it a try.

Well, let me say that I'm impressed with the results so far. I'm taking about 3800 iu a day and am not suffering with any bone and joint pain. I know I'm getting other benefits from this as well. Just wanted to share something postitve. vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 6:55 am

Animals are so much smarter than humans.

Ever watched where your dog or cat will lay on a sunny day? Usually on a chair or somewhere that the sun can shine on them.

It can be the coldest day of the year yet if the sun is shining my cattle will be laying outside under the rays. They seem to know that the sun is good for them.

Lack of sunshine in the winter months leads to depression and other disorders. Nothing better than a bright sunny day to lift ones spirits!

@lightning glad to see that the supplements seem to be helping.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:10 am

flower
ok..i have to say that when the gov tells me something i am so damn suspicious
and them telling us we need vit. D.. scratch what's up with that???
and what is it made of?
and what else does it work in tandem or in conflict with??
sorry guys ..but i just can't ask enough questions

especially since the same people spraying the sky are telling us to take it..
i'll have to go read a bottle and see if i can understand the chemicals in it..

all of the minerals in our bodies mimic the minerals in the earth and at the
same proportions...they are mostly called "trace" mineral
because they are in small amount
now if you f*** up the balance of these minerals you are going to pay the consequences
too much or too little of one thing pulls or pushes the others out of balance

not enough magnesium and you ge depressed..but why
because it 's place it filled in by something else and then you have a domino effect..
really..to maintain the balance of your body is a work in daily progress
and yes vit D plays a part..but damn i don't trust anything the gov tells me anymore

do your homework on the trace minerals and then if you need to see where you are
ask around for who does a spilt or blood test to tell you what percentage of what is in you...
you can adapt from there

or if you are in touch with yourself..sit and when finally calm..
ask your body what it needs...

sigh..what can i say i am just a cynic suprise
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:11 am

flower

L222
i am glad that vit D helps..
but have you ever heard of the edgar Cayce oil treatment??
and do you have a good chiroprator??
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:19 am

I've always had the same concerns as you sky. I studied Nutrition in college and understand the concepts you are questioning. I asked myself why didn't we have any sun this summer. That's when my pain began to increase. Then we had this unusual lack of a fall season early on. Not just cooler temperatures but lack of sun again. The government says that increasing the recommended dosages of vitamin D are harmful, in fact it's rumored they are going to restrict dietary supplements of this kind in December...hmmmmmm?????

It made me think maybe I should do a little more research into this. In order for vitamin D to have maximum benefit you need to have an adequate intake of vitamin E and C. I eat a very healthy balanced diet of unprocessed foods, organic if I can find them and all local produce when available. I try to get as much sunshine as possible, but this season that wasn't possible. The timing of this lack of sunshine and the flu scare was enough to convince me that it was worth a trial with this supplement.

I'm very good at listening to my body and seem to have an early warning system when something is wrong. This is something you need to do for yourself though as everyone is different.

All I know is that for the time being it seems to be working for me.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:41 am

flower

L222
i couldn't agree with you more..on listening to your body cause we are all different...
that is the very best

from what you have posted i thought you were that way and wasn't speaking to you exactly...
just doing my crazy number this morning

but yeah the summer didn't exist here either and the fall hasn't shown up yet...
5 out of 7 days have been clouded over and dark and the other two questionable sun
that's why when it is out and shinging i am outside ... doing whatever

i mentioned the Edgar Cayce oil paks cause they do help some..
i had a hip cracked way back from coming off a horse and for years
couldn't even cross my legs...a chiropractor helped
but the oil paks really helped and now the my knee is throwing fits
i also use it for that

Edgar Cayce Oil Pak
you get cold pressed castor oil .. it's fairly cheap at 6 something for an 8 oz bottle in the
natural store
or i am sure you can get it on line
you saturate a white cloth..the origianl says white wool flannel
but i have found that white wash cloth will work
you place the cloth on the body part then a piece of plastic wrap and a light towel
then a heating pad or hot water bottle...
and let it stay on about a half an hour...relax

you can place the saturated cloth in a zip lock and reuse it several times before washing..
i soak it seperately so i don't have oily stuff everywhere

if you read the original Cayce stuff he recommended this treatment to be done on the stomach to
work on the body as a whole..
for whatever reason i have not done this
i have only used it on joint s

wave
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 9:47 am

Lightning222 wrote:
The government says that increasing the recommended dosages of vitamin D are harmful, in fact it's rumored they are going to restrict dietary supplements of this kind in December...hmmmmmm?????

yes, lightning, codex alimentarius is due to be implemented
fully by the end of this year, it's all part of the plan, and has
been for quite some time... i am lucky to still have sunshine
but there is a lack of fresh grown herbs, fruits and veggies
cuz it's so hard to grow anything in this soil and water is a
luxury... so i guess everyone has some detail to work around -
but we can do it... and hold out some hope that our
collective consciousness or some kind of "wild card" will
thwart their plans
@ otter, thanks for the info on the oil treatment, will try soon
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 5:48 pm

flower

Hippie
u r welcome..let me know your results....
hugv

L222
since you mention having studied nutrition i wonder what your thoughts are on this

i have heard that ra mostly is triggered in the body from food allergies...
do you think that is correct.. ??
mostly wheat allergies , i think

i only know two people with it and they follow the louse hay analogy more
in that they are totally unbending in their outlook and dealings in life
and their bodies have followed suit.

just curious
hugv
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 6:18 pm

Yes sky thanks for the Cayce information, I think I remember reading that somewhere. In my case it's all over joint, bone and muscle. I'll give it a try to see if I gain any relief from it especially now that winter seems to have arrived.

I've actually had about every kind of treatment for it even a Chiroprator, MD. (aqua therapy, deep tissue and joint massage, ultrasound massage, adjustments, accupunture, the works). They all work temporarily.

Yes food allergies can be a major trigger to RA (which ususally is a genetic predisposition), I found in my case food additives more than allergies to specific types of food was the problem.

Also, stress, other autoimmune disorders, just about anything you can think of can trigger anything from a mild response to a major inflammatory episode.

I have a family history of both types on the maternal side that develops early in life besides a history on the paternal side also (lucky me!).

In my case when I lived in Egypt, my diet consisted of tons of fresh fruits and vegtables, loads of whole grains and very little dairy and meat. Nothing was processed or frozen, even the spices were fresh dried and tons of leafy green vegtables. I even gave up coffee. Six years of a diet like this will give you energy like you never imagined. Then I returned to the states and found it was impossible to keep up this type of eating, that's when the RA was trigged. My body became more sensitive to chemicals and additives than ever.

I manage to keep that problem under control more than others except in the wintertime, which is especially hard on me.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:03 pm

flower

oh wow L...
i hope the oil paks can help you...

and i sure can see where having your system so clean and all then coming back to our junky additives would trigger it

what's really sad is that if you had never been healthy ..it might have not triggered at all or much later..

kinda along those lines but way in another area is a study i read about way back when i was deeply into everything equine
they had some horses that they were trying to totally eliminate the worm load they carried..and
eventually they managed to do just that..the horses had no worms at all and the body was clean
the down side is that once the horses were let outside..they got the worms again..cause they are in the soil and everywhere..
and when the worms got into the body of the clean horses..they died...from just a few
so i guess we need to learn much much more on the immune system and how it really works

if you need or want us to send energy ..just yell...i think as a group we can do a lot

hugv
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 8:05 pm

Thanks for the offer, I'll keep it in mind when that below zero weather kicks in, that's when I'll need it. I'm actually doing better now than I was. I don't have many major episodes anymore, you learn to do what your body tells you to and the rest you learn to adapt to. Considering I'm actually pretty healthy. POSITIVE MENTAL OUTLOOK vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_flower

Interesting about the horses it reminds me of our own intestinal bacteria and how if it's wiped out the normal flora can be extremely dangerous and in some cases one or another normally harmless pathogen overgrows and can even kill us.

Oh how did we go down this road???
Back to top Go down
mntruthseeker
mntruthseeker

Number of posts : 698
Humor : I got some

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 8:44 pm

Lightning.....I was dianosed with so many things that was all "cured" with Vitamin D3. The new dr I seen was from India and I went to see her 3 days after she helped me to give her a hug and thank her for saving my life. I was no longer bedridden or in sever pain. The swolling of my feet and hands are gone. I was told I had RA,fibro,neuropathy,bla bla bla....I was in getting injections and accupunture and nothing worked. All the medication only worsened things.... My fingers were all crippled up, swollen and purple. I couldn't walk very far and spent days on ind in bed

You can get rid of your pain in a matter of days by taking the right amount of Vitamin D3. My dr put me on 50,000 IU's twice a week for 30 days. I maintain it with 1000 IU's a day now forever. I upped it myself to 5000 IU's a day to ward off this flu

All you need is a blood test to get the right amount but from what I read, its pretty hard to OD on vitamin D3.

I have been pain free for so long I am surprising myself.

I hope you start feeling better as I know how much pain you are suffering from. I will never go back,

I too studied Nutrients and know that it played a big part. I gave up sugar and pop...................who needs it......so bad for you
Back to top Go down
Lightning222

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 9:40 am

Mn this is the 3rd try in responding to your post. All I can say is your story is very inspirational and I'm glad you found a way to overcome your challenges. The simpliest remedies are often the most powerful. vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_flower
Back to top Go down
mntruthseeker
mntruthseeker

Number of posts : 698
Humor : I got some

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 10:22 am

sorry, guess I missed them. I tell people I must of been a blonde at one time, no offense to the blondes if any on this site. Things do fly over my head.

I was trying to post the strength that I took at first. I hate to think of anyone suffering.

Good luck with yourself and I hope you find yourself painfree soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: vitamin D - IMPORTANT   vitamin D - IMPORTANT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

vitamin D - IMPORTANT
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next