the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aboriginal Indigenous spirituality and beliefs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Aboriginal Indigenous spirituality and beliefs Empty
PostSubject: Aboriginal Indigenous spirituality and beliefs   Aboriginal Indigenous spirituality and beliefs Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:28 pm

Aboriginal Indigenous spirituality and beliefs 0deadb10

Aboriginal Indigenous spirituality and beliefs 14mcco10

Aboriginal spirituality is inextricably linked to land

"We don't own the land, the land owns us. The land is my mother, my mother is the land. Land is the starting point to where it all began. It's like picking up a piece of dirt and saying this is where I started and this is where I'll go. The land is our food, our culture, our spirit and identity" —S. Knight

Dreamtime and Dreaming are not the same thing. Dreaming is the environment the Aboriginal people lived in and it still exists today "all around us". None of the hundreds of Aboriginal languages contains a word for "time".

Spirituality is expressed by ceremony, rituals or paintings. It can change and has absorbed elements of other beliefs.

"Our spirituality is a oneness and an interconnectedness with all that lives and breathes, even with all that does not live or breathe."
-Mudrooroo, Aboriginal writer

An Aboriginal person's soul or spirit is believed to "continue on after our physical form has passed through death", explains Eddie Kneebone. After the death of an Aboriginal person their spirit returns to the Dreamtime from where it will return through birth as a human, an animal, a plant or a rock. The shape is not important because each form shares the same soul or spirit from the Dreamtime.

Find more about dreamtime and how Aboriginal people express spirituality
http://www.creativespirits.info/aboriginalculture/spirituality/
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Aboriginal Indigenous spirituality and beliefs   Aboriginal Indigenous spirituality and beliefs Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:26 pm

Thanks for the link Reunite.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Aboriginal Indigenous spirituality and beliefs   Aboriginal Indigenous spirituality and beliefs Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:21 pm

That reference link was interesting Reunite. I spent time reading the page and found out that many of their beliefs are very similar to my own.

I have noticed that no matter what religious system of beliefs I have looked into, and that has been quite a few over the years, I always find some things I agree with and some I don't. I think this is a common find of most people that search out things for themselves.

There are many common thoughts and beliefs among many different peoples it seems and this also tends to show that humans for the most part are corporately getting their info from a common source, or so it seems.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aboriginal Indigenous spirituality and beliefs   Aboriginal Indigenous spirituality and beliefs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aboriginal Indigenous spirituality and beliefs
Page 1 of 1