the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

happy being alone

Go down 
+9
Reunite
savannahskye
Biggles
sky otter
micjer
zuni
Gabriel
WineHippie
izzy
13 posters
AuthorMessage
izzy

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2009-03-07

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 2:56 pm

I am curious do any of you guys feel like this ..

I always craved company and wanted to sociolise ... but recently over the past year .. i love just hanging out doing nothing .. i see my family and love being in nature but happy to hang by myself ... never been like this before

i still enjoy going for meals and stuff .. just am quite selective who i hang out with and alot of my old friends i dont want to see .. and i dont understand why and they are emailing and ringing me asking what they have done ??

am i going mad ?
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:06 pm

no, izzy, you not.....

what a joy to be YOUR OWN BEST COMPANY

and changing circle of friends/acquaintances
means you have had growth, i think, things
are just not the same

reply to your friends who ask what they have done with love,
and they will want to know exactly what you're on!

ha ha

p.s. "alone" not same as "lonely"
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:26 pm

Right on winehippie as it is a sign of growth. I noticed back in the early eighties that the more I turned to spiritual seeking the less and less friends I actually had.

Once people knew I was sold out to the spiritual world they for the most part avoided me like the plague. I lost friends I had for more than twenty years and it was obvious why.

When people knew I was seeking the "truth" they most often want no part of it or you.

My first casualties were my family themselves.

People will always in casual conversation say they want the truth, but in reality most people do not want anything to do with what the truth is.

That is a sad idea, but I have found it to be true in my personal life, and because of this I have had to learn to be happy to be alone.

I don't think you are going mad izzy but spiritual growth can sometimes bring about some real pain along with it. You will do just fine in your solitude.
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

Number of posts : 1319
Humor : does a fat kid miss cake ???

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:33 pm

hi izz........

i also used to be a social butterfly..... butterfly

i actually dread it if i have to have a conversation with someone.......mostly because i have nothing to say to anyone..... because normally people want to talk about the stupidist shit.....meaningless chit chat........i´m on a different path then most ........so i prefer just to stay in my own world..........

i only talk to people here........or animals...........he he he......

i totally know where your commin from......
Back to top Go down
izzy

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:45 pm

oh thank goodness .. i thought it was just me ...

love the butterfly btw .. yes i love talking to animals ...

but cant be botehred with the trivial shit either ........ do you think it is because we are on different paths ?

we should all have a party .. in the states for a weekend somewhere in the summer ! dolph
Back to top Go down
izzy

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:46 pm

WineHippie wrote:
no, izzy, you not.....

what a joy to be YOUR OWN BEST COMPANY

and changing circle of friends/acquaintances
means you have had growth, i think, things
are just not the same

reply to your friends who ask what they have done with love,
and they will want to know exactly what you're on!

ha ha

p.s. "alone" not same as "lonely"

thank you wine hippie for you angel
Back to top Go down
izzy

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:49 pm

Gabriel wrote:
Right on winehippie as it is a sign of growth. I noticed back in the early eighties that the more I turned to spiritual seeking the less and less friends I actually had.

I don't think you are going mad izzy but spiritual growth can sometimes bring about some real pain along with it. You will do just fine in your solitude.

thank you so much gabriel .. are you native american btw ?

yes i have had fights with my family .. now i have a peace with them and love .. the fighting was about 4 yrs ago ..

its just i dont want to hang out with my old frinds and i know i am upsetting them .. they think they have done something wrong .. they have nt ..

and i wonder why i am like this .. i do not make my spiritual / life views public ... i am quite quiet about them actually .. each can believe as they choose .. so it is nt that ..

but thank you for responding

my love
Back to top Go down
zuni
zuni

Number of posts : 1319
Humor : does a fat kid miss cake ???

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:57 pm

izzy wrote:
do you think it is because we are on different paths ?

we should all have a party .. in the states for a weekend somewhere in the summer ! dolph

yes we are on different paths then most........

izz i would love for us to have a party........but maybe in europe instead of the states....... purr
Back to top Go down
izzy

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 3:59 pm

no europe is boring ... the states is better ..
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 5:47 pm

izzy wrote:

I always craved company and wanted to sociolise ... but recently over the past year .. i love just hanging out doing nothing .. i see my family and love being in nature but happy to hang by myself ... never been like this before

i still enjoy going for meals and stuff .. just am quite selective who i hang out with and alot of my old friends i dont want to see .. and i dont understand why and they are emailing and ringing me asking what they have done ??

am i going mad ?

Wow can I ever relate to this. I was the type that couldn't wait for the weekends and to go places and party with friends. I find myself prefering to stay home, put on a warm fire and listen to music with a glass of wine or a cold beer. I still enjoy seeing my friends but I have definately changed. I think for the better.

I know I look at other people differently now too when I am talking to them. Try to really feel what they are feeling rather than just nodding in agreement.

Thanks for bringing this up izzy.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 6:00 pm

ah izzy..nope you sure aren't alone in this...

i like to be a smart ass about it sometimes and just figure i can't stand the bullshit others dish out so freely anymore..lol

we have changed to where we can be bothered by the lies some folks tell themselves..and then sometimes it is just
the total unhappiness they have...and a meaningless about their lives

there is a simple happiness about knowing who you

some friends i have lost and some i have not..the ones who stayed around i simply said that i was working on me and really
had nothing to do with them
some have started to explore things on their own and we have interesting discussions on just what we think is what..

wine hippie had it though..you are growing...ain't it great.. love
Back to top Go down
izzy

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 6:17 pm

sky otter wrote:
we have changed to where we can be bothered by the lies some folks tell themselves..and then sometimes it is just
the total unhappiness they have...and a meaningless about their lives

.. love

thanks mic and sky thank you butterfly :giveflowers:
butterfly for mic and flowers for sky and this for all who ahve read this thread rainbow

yes that is it though .. i cant be bothered with the ' chatter ' i just want to be ... funnily enough I love hanging out with my mum .. i was never like that before .. i went overseas when i was 18 .. and i was always with friends .. but i really enjoy her company now :)

smiley-face-sun-clou
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 8:40 pm

I can relate to most of the comments here guys. I cannot be bothered speaking to people who I believe have superficial ideals, not wanting to be judgemental here, but just those that carry on about their new house, new car, new job, earning more money, this person and that, sort of like meaningless topics to me.

Yes, I talk to animals and love their company. They are very healing and uplifting to me. I am very sensitive to energies so if there is someone whose energy I cannot be around or I get sick or depressed being around them, well then it really is better for me to be around my animals or people that I am attuned energy wise with.

My ex-husband and I are going through a property settlement after 31 years of marriage. He is the total opposite of me. More is better for him, materialistic comes to mind. Because I had worked most of my life and I have dared leave him and gone to a lawyer to get what I am entitled he has now become nasty and vicious trying to give me as little as he can.

Hopefully if I can buy a place for me to chill with my furry soul mates, he, he, it looks like it will be way out from Melbourne, where I can afford, near the sea about one hour and 45 minutes, but if I do get there, if you guys come out any time to visit Oz, you know you will always have a place to lay your head while your out here with biggsy and friends. he, he.

Love to all. xxoo
Back to top Go down
izzy

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 9:33 pm

thank you biggles I am well overdue a visit to oz..
I am an australian citizen to you know .. puppybark

this is for you a cute pup :love-061:
Back to top Go down
savannahskye
savannahskye

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-04-17

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 11:48 am

I love my own company, even as a newlywed I like time on my own
Darlin and I work opposite shifts at the moment, so Im gettin plenty of 'my time'

I love being with him too, just us in our lil cocoon...bliss!

kiss of love
Back to top Go down
izzy

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 1:42 pm

savannahskye wrote:
I love my own company, even as a newlywed I like time on my own
Darlin and I work opposite shifts at the moment, so Im gettin plenty of 'my time'

I love being with him too, just us in our lil cocoon...bliss!

kiss of love

that is so sweet flower angel hugv

has he got any nice friends :) ?
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 4:03 pm

First thing I want to say is that I love our little family here.

That's why we probably love internet forums so much.

I'm another contender who loves his own company. In saying that I still have quite a large circle of friends. Thing is they all know what a conspiracy nutbag that I am and have been for years. At first they didn't pay attention to my interests and accepted me for who I am. Now as I feel this human consciousness shift going on the majority want to talk about with me. I was just at a friends wedding on the weekend and they all wanted to discuss about alternative health solutions, chemtrails, and other conspiracies. Most of them now have a copy of zeitgeist as a good introduction film and want to learn more.

I still cherish quiet weekends to just chill out with little company and enjoy my own space and go deep inside to find balance.

So izz it seems you are not alone on this forum in respect to all of our feelings being mutual on this subject.

btw I love to talk to my two dogs to see their heads tilt side to side doing their best to understand my english dribble.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 6:50 pm

reunite

isn't it funny when one of your friends calls out of the blue and says..Hey, do you know anything about this???"
always makes me laugh and go searching ..even if i do know a little..

izzy..i spent the last two days by myself planting stuff..it was great..of course the one cat wanted to help by
fertilzing and the dog wanted to un-plant stuff...but ahhhhhhhhhhhhh the sky was blue, the critters and me just smiled
and smiled..
it was and is great. moon walk
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 8:05 pm

sky it has happened to me many many times...that's when I drop a hint here and there

Then there's the line 'How far down the rabbit hole do you want to go?'
Back to top Go down
izzy

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 10:42 am

thanks reunite and sky kiss of love
Back to top Go down
LongHunter
LongHunter

Number of posts : 562
Humor : If necessary
Registration date : 2009-02-22

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:22 am

izzy wrote:

am i going mad ?

It's called moving on.
Back to top Go down
Anchor
Anchor

Number of posts : 1441
Humor : Some
Registration date : 2009-01-25

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 5:01 am

Just to chip in, my wife and I are considered somewhat "anti-social".

We are not happy in most peoples company.

Recently the best social gathering with the most people was one of the Sydney ground crew meetings.

Most people cannot be related to socially - and its boring because you know that if you do meet someone who is not on the right level, you have to watch what you do and say, or risk blowing their minds - so you have to be constantly on your guard not to hurt them.

None of this is a problem. We can go days without really talking - I like my own company so does she, and then sometimes we are totally together for a day or so, like recently when I had a little break up in the mountains.

Basically I don't do small talk except in emergencies or professional necessity :)

A..
Back to top Go down
nogroz
nogroz

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2009-03-12

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:33 pm

So basically what yer all saying is your all better off alone with yourself...

yet you congregate here to be with other people...

Uh huh... that makes sense...

Well I am off to rebuild my 'ground crew'... it is true what they say... "Tis GOOD to be King"

happy being alone Bek068
Back to top Go down
stephen Podliska
stephen Podliska

Number of posts : 596
Humor : YES and then some!
Registration date : 2009-02-23

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 3:09 pm

I LOVE YOUR SENCE OF HUMOR nogroz!!

..... & great "topic" for discussion IZZY!!!!!!

I CAN AND DO ...... DEFINATELY RELATE AND DO SO ALSO .. "ENJOY BIENG ALONE"...

.. (and I too ALSO... believe that "this" relates to DEGREEs of AWAKENING/AWARENESS)....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AND although/with my wife and I ... very much in/on VERY GOOD terms with ALL OUR CO-WORKERS, NEIGBORS, FRIENDS & FAMILY and such...

... we still PREFER being/going on our OWN PATH vs. "IN GROUP SETTINGS/DYNAMICS".....

AND .... I ALSO FEEL .... this ALSO relates to being AWARE and CONSCIOUS of "other people's interests, values, and desired levels of comfort".

4 when you are aware of such "other interests" such AWARENESS may, like I have found, make ONE more apt to SEEK ALONE TIME ... so that ONE can SEEK out RELAXATION and PLEASURE without "having to have a thought or concern" about such "interests" being less than in agreement with "larger groups dynamics and intersts"......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice posting and commentary!!

Steve my love
Back to top Go down
izzy

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 12:27 pm

thanks sky / reunite / long hunter / anchor / stephen and zorgan ..
it is interesting to read all responses.

I actually think that I love company still .. just some people I dont feel like spending time with certain people .. that I used to love spending time with ...

flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

happy being alone Empty
PostSubject: Re: happy being alone   happy being alone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

happy being alone
Page 1 of 1