the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN

Go down 
+3
micjer
skywatcher
Gabriel
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN   JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 11:52 am

i just learned that j. j. cale has died ....
couple days ago ....
i always liked him, he was from ur neck of the woods, gabe ....

this vid was recorded at leon russell's studio ... j j cale, 1979

rip 

SET LIST:
1.T-Bone Shuffle
2.Nowhere To Run
3.Cocaine
4.Ten Easy Lessons
5.Sensitive Kind
6.Hands Off Her
7.Lou-Easy-Ann
8.Going Down
9.Corine Corina
10.Roll On
11.No Sweat
12.Crazy Mama
13.Fate Of A Fool
14.Boiling Pot
15.After Midnight
16.T-Bone Shuffle
17.T-Bone Backwards
18.Same Ole Blues
19.Don't Cry Sister
20.Set Your Soul Free (Tell Me Who You Are)
21.24 Hours A Day

Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN   JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:20 pm

I always liked JJ.hate to hear he's no longer with us. I can't remember now just exactly where he was from because it has been so many years ago when I first learned about JJ but you are right it was somewhere from around my region of the country.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN   JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:28 pm

Thanks Sky Otter. I always thought Tom Jones had a great voice, back when he became famous I hated the types of songs he recorded, and never listened. But I do like to hear him rock out and use that great voice of his. Seeing Janis on the video brought back some good San Francisco memories to me.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN   JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 4:58 pm

The JJ Cale video is very good Hippy, I have never seen it before. I watched about 30 minutes of it and it brought back a time back in Ft. Worth I saw JJ in a small bar playing with his band, this was before he became more famous, he was still working the local joints then. I watched him for about an hour and left, but this video reminds me of his laid back style. He was always real understated so to speak, but he was a great guitar player and had a great voice. Thanks sis, I plan on hearing the rest after I charge up my IPad.this video is a gem as they say it was lost for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN   JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 6:27 pm

His voice is still absolutely fantastic. Lifts your spirits.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN   JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 9:45 pm

Yes it does Biggs.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN   JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 5:46 pm

Here is a video with John Stewart doing his song "Gold". Stewart was not commonly known by the masses, but people in the music industry knew him quite well.

He started by writing songs for the Kingston trio back in 1960, a folk group. He also wrote the soft rock song that the Monkeys....I'm serious, recorded called daydream believer, which was a hit for the Monkeys.

John also recorded this song with Stevie Nicks singing background, I am not sure but this recording may be that one? There is a female background singer in this recording. Also as far as I know, this band backing him up may be Fleetwood Mac but again I am not sure. The song has a Fleetwood Mac type of beat.

John did write and perform one rock and roll song in particular that I always had
in my favorites rotation, enjoy "Gold".

Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN   JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2013 10:41 pm

Here is another great video by Graham Nash, David Crosby, and Stephen Stills titled Chicago, from the sixties about big brother, and it seems appropriate to place it here.

This was the democratic convention of 1968, where all hell broke loose because of those damn dirty hippies that started trouble...LOL, we need this to happen again today, except to be successful it should be non confrontational, and be done through prayer closets.

Here is a taste of what happens when you do it through the flesh, instead of the spirit.

Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN   JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 4:50 am

The greatness of the 60's music can never be surpassed. My opinion. Here is one of the great musicians of that era, Graham Nash in his first release of an album, called songs for beginners, this cut is called "Military madness" and this explains perfectly the same place we are at today in our current world clutches of madness.

Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN   JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 7:47 am

At least the grandfathers of today tried to do something back in the 60's Gabe, they marched and protested all the time.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN   JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:25 am

Biggles wrote:
At least the grandfathers of today tried to do something back in the 60's Gabe, they marched and protested all the time.
Yeah Biggs there was a lot of chances to protest then. I was in a few protests, the ones I was involved in were in San Francisco and it was about the military draft, where people came together and burnt their selective service cards, draft cards.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN   JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JOE WALSH ANALOG MAN
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
the force is withIN you !!!!!! :: Contributor's :: Gabriel-
Jump to: