the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THE KILLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OBAMA

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

THE KILLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OBAMA Empty
PostSubject: THE KILLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OBAMA   THE KILLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OBAMA Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:12 am

The racism that fuels the 'war on terror'

The Denver-born American, Abdulrahman al-Awlaki, killed by a US drone strike in Yemen at the age of 16 Photograph: Facebook memorial page
(updated below)

A new Gallup poll released Monday morning has a surprising finding: a majority of Americans - while supporting air strikes in foreign countries against foreign nationals suspected of Terrorism - oppose such air strikes when used to target US citizens who are suspected Terrorists, whether at home or on foreign soil:

The reason this is surprising is that when the US actually killed a US citizen on foreign soil on the grounds that he was a suspected Terrorist - Anwar al-Awlaki - large majorities approved. One poll at the time reported that "a large proportion of Americans believe the US Government made the correct decision in killing a US born Islamist militant in a drone strike last month" - specifically, that "69 per cent of respondents think the action taken by the US Government to kill Anwar al-Awlaki was justified" (that included 77% Republicans and 73% Democrats approving). Another poll at the time reported that Obama's approval ratings on national security increased eight points in the wake of the Awlaki killing. Meanwhile, Obama aides ran to Politico to boast that Awlaki's corpse would be a significant asset in Obama's re-election bid, leading to this Politico headline:

What can explain this obvious discrepancy? How can it be that a policy which a majority of Americans oppose (killing Americans on foreign soil on the grounds of suspected Terrorism) was so popular and politically beneficial for Obama when it was actually done to Awlaki? I'm not speaking here about those who support the US Government's right to kill US citizens on foreign soil without a trial: people who believe that and support the Awlaki execution are at least being consistent. I'm focusing here on how it can be that a majority of Americans say they oppose having Americans so targeted on foreign soil yet still support the Awlaki killing.

There are several possible factors explaining this discrepancy. It is probably easier to oppose such killings when considered in the abstract than it is when asked specifically about a person like Awlaki who had been subjected to such an intense government and media demonization campaign. It's also possible that intervening events between these polls - particularly the Rand Paul filibuster - created unprecedented media debate about the dangers of Obama's claimed assassination powers and caused people to re-think their wisdom (that was the ground cited by the ACLU's Laura Murphy when she praised Paul's protest: "As a result of Sen. Paul's historic filibuster, civil liberties got two wins: . . . Americans learned about the breathtakingly broad claims of executive authority undergirding the Obama administration's vast killing program").

But it seems clear there is a much more odious factor driving some of this. Many Americans can (a) say that they oppose the targeted killings of Americans on foreign soil while simultaneously (b) supporting the killing of Anwar al-Awlaki in Yemen because, for them, the term "Americans" doesn't include people like Anwar al-Awlaki. "Americans" means their aunts and uncles, their nice neighbors down the street, and anyone else who looks like them, who looks and seems "American". They don't think those people - Americans - should be killed without charges by the US government if they travel on vacation to Paris or go to study for a semester in London. But the concept of "Americans" most definitely does not include people with foreign and Muslim-ish names like "Anwar al-Awlaki" who wear the white robes of a Muslim imam and spend time in a place like Yemen.

Legally - which is the only way that matters for this question - the New-Mexico-born Awlaki was every bit as much of an American citizen as the nice couple down the street. His citizenship was never legally revoked. He never formally renounced it. He was never charged with, let alone convicted of, any crime that could lead to the revocation of citizenship. No court ever considered revoking his citizenship, let alone did so. From a legal and constitutional perspective, there was not a single person "more American" than he. That's because those gradations of citizenship do not exist. One is either an American citizen or one is not. There is no such thing as "more American" or "less American", nor can one's citizenship be revoked by presidential decree. This does not exist.

But the effort to depict Muslims as something other than "real Americans" has long been a centerpiece of the US political climate in the era of the War on Terror. When it was first revealed in 2005 that the Bush administration was spying on the communications of Americans without the warrants required by the criminal law, a Bush White House spokesman sought to assure everyone that this wasn't targeting Real Americans, but only those Bad Ones that should be surveilled (meaning Muslims the Bush administration decided, without due process, were guilty):

"This is a limited program. This is not about monitoring phone calls designed to arrange Little League practice or what to bring to a potluck dinner. These are designed to monitor calls from very bad people to very bad people who have a history of blowing up commuter trains, weddings and churches."

Identically, when the Israelis attacked the Mavi Marmara flotilla in 2010 and killed 9 people including the US-born teenager Furkan Dogan, some conservatives insisted that he was not a Real American because his parents were Turkish and he grew up in Turkey ("it is silly to call him an 'American of Turkish descent'. He, like the other members of his family, was a Turk"). The stark contrast in reactions between the sustained fury of the Turkish government over the killing of their citizens by the Israelis versus the support for those killings given by the US government was accounted for in part by the blind US support for whatever Israel does (including killing Americans), but also by the belief that Dogan wasn't really an American, not the Real Kind you get upset about when a foreign army kills them.

This decade-long Othering of Muslims - a process necessary to sustain public support for their continuous killing, imprisonment, and various forms of rights abridgments - has taken its toll. I'm most certainly not suggesting that anyone who supports Awlaki's killing is driven by racism or anti-Muslim bigotry. I am suggesting that the belief that Muslims are somehow less American, or even less human, is widespread, and is a substantial factor in explaining the discrepancy I began by identifying.

Does anyone doubt that if Obama's bombs were killing nice white British teeangers or smiling blond Swiss infants - rather than unnamed Yemenis, Pakistanis, Afghans and Somalis - that the reaction to this sustained killing would be drastically different? Does anyone doubt that if his overhead buzzing drones were terrorizing Western European nations rather than predominantly Muslim ones, the horror of them would be much easier to grasp?

Does it really take any debate to know that if the 16-year-old American suspiciously killed by the US government two weeks after killing his father had been Jimmy Martin in Sweden rather than Abdulrahman al-Awlaki in Yemen, the media interest and public outcry would be far more substantial, and Robert Gibbs would have been widely scorned if he had offered this vile blame-the-victim justification for killing Jimmy rather than Abdulrahman? It is indisputably true that - just as conservatives argued that Furkan Dogan was not a Real American - large numbers of Americans believe the same about the Denver-born teenager named Abdulrahman. This ugly mindset is not the only factor that leads the US public to support more than a decade of US killing and rights abridgments aimed primarily at Muslims, including their fellow citizens, but it is certainly a significant one.

Amazingly, some Democratic partisans, in order to belittle these injustices, like to claim that only those who enjoy the luxury of racial and socioeconomic privilege would care so much about these issues. That claim is supremely ironic. It reverses reality. That type of privilege is not what leads one to care about and work against these injustices. To the contrary, it's exactly that privilege that causes one to dismiss concerns over these injustices and mock and scorn those who work against them. The people who insist that these abuses are insignificant and get too much attention are not the ones affected by them, because they're not Muslim, and thus do not care.

The perception that the state violence, rights abridgments and expansions of government power ushered in by the War on Terror affect only Muslims long ago stopped being true. But ensuring that people continue to believe that is the key reason why it has been permitted to continue for so long.

Domestic surveillance aimed at Muslims

The New Jersey Star Ledger this morning has an excellent interview with CUNY Professor Diala Shamas, who just co-authored a new report on the devastating impact of the NYPD's shockingly invasive and indsicriminate surveillance program aimed at Muslim communities in New York and New Jersey. She documents in particular how this type of surveillance, aimed at innocent Muslims, creates an intense climate of fear and chills political speech. Would anyone tolerate having such sweeping surveillance programs infiltrating Jewish or Christian communities in the US? I once asked this question of leading New York Mayoral candidate Christine Quinn, who supports the NYPD program, and she refused to answer). But the answer is obvious: of course not. That is the point.

UPDATE

The ACLU's Jameel Jaffer perfectly summarizes the point I am making from those polls:

Back to top Go down
skywatcher
skywatcher

Number of posts : 1827
Humor : yes lots
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: THE KILLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OBAMA   THE KILLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OBAMA Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:36 am

The more I hear about this guy, the more convinced I am that he is a fully paid up psychopath, devoid of any empathy for mankind or the world in general.

If he was of sound mind, this wouldn't happen. Have you heard of anything like this from ANY other previous presidents? (apart from Bush Senior onwards)?

See also this link....

http://www.naturalnews.com/039635_background_checks_Congress_Obama_administration.html

Back to top Go down
http://chemtrailawareness.forumotion.co.uk
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: THE KILLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OBAMA   THE KILLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OBAMA Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 4:45 am

I followed your link Sky, good stuff indeed. I too support background checks for politicians. I also support jailing many of them on criminal charges of accepting bribes from rich people/corporations. beingsick

I think this guy is Satanic. He is by far the worst president we ever had. Just being a normal person, how could you possibly decide to kill a fellow human being by robot drone or any other way without any due process of the Law?

My country has gone to hell during my short lifetime, and it is obvious to me that our government is controlled by the Kenites, the children of Cain, the illuminati, the new world odor, the children of Satan himself, as they too are killers.
Back to top Go down
skywatcher
skywatcher

PostSubject: Re: THE KILLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OBAMA   THE KILLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OBAMA Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:47 am

Spot on Gabe, Obama is part of the Illuminati and this is why he is so barbaric in his view. As you say, how could anyone kill somebody of their own kind? This just isn't something that 'rational' people do. So by that very definition, he has to have a few screws loose, as did his predecessor Bush.

I have no doubt 9/11 was orchestrated in the same way to make people think that nobody - even their very president, would kill his own; except he did.

If you look at all the scars on Obama's head, he has to have had some major surgery in order to get them. So what exactly was that surgery for? I reckon you could put good money on some mind-altering procedure and come out a winner.

THE KILLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OBAMA Obamas10

THE KILLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OBAMA Obamas11

THE KILLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OBAMA Obamas12

I mean wtf is all that about?

Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: THE KILLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OBAMA   THE KILLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OBAMA Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 6:53 am

Those are telling pictures indeed Sky, I never saw them before, it looks like he has had a lobotomy except that a lobotomy is a prefrontal lobe operation, I don't know if he has scars on his front part of his skull? But nevertheless he has been cut on a lot it seems. Perhaps a few chips in there?
Back to top Go down
skywatcher
skywatcher

PostSubject: Re: THE KILLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OBAMA   THE KILLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OBAMA Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 12:40 pm

The only chips I can think of... ha ha

THE KILLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OBAMA Chips10
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: THE KILLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OBAMA   THE KILLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OBAMA Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 5:22 pm

LoL, me too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE KILLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OBAMA   THE KILLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OBAMA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE KILLING OF AMERICAN CITIZENS BY OBAMA
Page 1 of 1