the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED

Go down 
+2
skywatcher
Gabriel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED Empty
PostSubject: MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED   MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 7:48 pm

I found out I have a computer virus on my IPad today. I called Apple support for help, they said it would cost me 200.00 to fix it.

I bought this machine back in August 2012, they said they would offer support for 1 year if you buy an apple product from them.....right....right....

Yes they do help, but at a great cost.

This is a scam that I will not participate in. So my days of posting here are numbered.

Tomorrow I run out of wifi time for my connection, so tomorrow I will no longer be on the web, because I refuse to pay for time that is wasted trying to load pages on this damn IPad.

The virus symptoms are that pages do not load or are real slow and the server times out.

I know a scam when I see one, and this is one of them.

So I will not be posting often.

Back 2 months ago Apple offered me a free update for my slick machine, I took it and it was free. After the update was downloaded, I lost my "DEBUG CONSOLE" from my machine, so I asked the Tech about this and he said he could do nothing about that????

Then he said we can fix it for 200.00 dollars. I said BULLSHIT, you took my protection away through the update, and now you want me to pay for it.......no thanks.

So I will be able to post until 1:30 pm tomorrow on this machine from my home.

After that I will be forced to go to public places such as the library, or restaurants to post, but I will check in now and then if the bug lets me???

If not, I am not mad at anyone, it is not me but the system we live in and I refused to be robbed by these tech sluts anymore.

If anyone wants to talk to me. My phone number is 580.222. 1088 for at least a year because I prepaid for a year of phone service.

Enjoy yourself even if you have to fight.

dreamcatcher
Back to top Go down
skywatcher
skywatcher

Number of posts : 1827
Humor : yes lots
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED   MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 3:30 am

In England, when you pay for anything - no matter what the price, you have a statutory right for that product to work for at least one year. In a word, if it fails in that time, you are entitled to a free repair or replacement. Do you not have anything like that in the USA?

If you do, then it is down to the place where you bought it from to fix the problem. If not, I'd be down to the store and tearing strips off the management if only to make myself feel better.

I agree $200 is a rip off and you are right to not pay it. You can't beat a hard wired desktop PC or Mac if you have any spare cash to spend, they are easier to use and there's always free de-bugging apps on the net to cure viruses etc.

Hang in there Gabe and try to drop in when you can. rainbow
Back to top Go down
http://chemtrailawareness.forumotion.co.uk
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED   MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 3:34 am

Talking about computer scams Gabe, I have been rung twice in the last four weeks by people with a foreign accent, English being their second language, saying they were from Microsoft and needed for me to let them have control of my computer to check things were okay.

I saw on a current affair program down here that they do this to innocent people to try and get on their computer and then they steal all the money in their accounts.

Ofcourse you can imagine what I told her I thought she was.

There are people all over the world who just try and rip you off right, left and center as you know Gabe, so I will just wait till I see what happens with you my friend. xo
Back to top Go down
skywatcher
skywatcher

Number of posts : 1827
Humor : yes lots
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED   MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 8:45 am

No reputable company would cold call you about your PC Biggs, so I'm glad you saw through this scam.

Never allow anyone onto your PC, even if you know them. Better to be safe than sorry.

Always clear cookies several times a day and always before your turn it off, so you cannot be tracked.

Back to top Go down
http://chemtrailawareness.forumotion.co.uk
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED   MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 1:50 pm

Gabe I may have a solution. I've never tried on a iPad however on a Mac if you want to reformat the computer it erases everything and restores it to when you first bought it and runs back to full speed with all bugs gone.

First back up any photo's, music or other documents you want to save on a usb drive/stick.

Then follow the steps in the link. You can either reformat in itunes or from the iPad directly

http://osxdaily.com/2011/03/15/how-to-reformat-ipad/

Good luck

Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED   MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 2:55 pm

Reunite wrote:
Gabe I may have a solution. I've never tried on a iPad however on a Mac if you want to reformat the computer it erases everything and restores it to when you first bought it and runs back to full speed with all bugs gone.

First back up any photo's, music or other documents you want to save on a usb drive/stick.

Then follow the steps in the link. You can either reformat in itunes or from the iPad directly

http://osxdaily.com/2011/03/15/how-to-reformat-ipad/

Good luck

Thanks my friend. You are very smart indeed, I will try this method. clap
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED   MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 5:08 pm

Your an angel our kermie, hope this rights things for you Gabe. xo
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED   MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:48 pm

I think it will Biggs, ReuniteR is awesome.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED   MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:01 am

cheers clap

Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

PostSubject: Re: MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED   MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 9:44 am

hope it works ... we (i) need you, gabe
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED   MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 12:35 pm

Don't start praising me till it works

please
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED   MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 1:06 pm

Reunite wrote:
Don't start praising me till it works

please

LOL.....ok...

I went to the apple page and read about restoring my IPad to factory spects. I think it will work. Restoring the IPad will remove any files that did not come on it when new.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED   MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 1:07 pm

Thanks hippy, I believe it will work.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED   MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 1:50 am

I restored my IPad earlier tonight, looks liked it worked, but will know for sure tomorrow most likely.

Thanks ReuniteR.
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED   MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 8:26 am

fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED   MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 11:51 am

I think it is better now, acts a lot faster like it did before.......hoo-ray for ReuniteR
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

PostSubject: Re: MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED   MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 12:54 pm

FL is da BOMB
bravo-009
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED   MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 1:24 pm

My IPad is doing well. Problem solved as far as I can tell.

Da bomb for sure..... sunny
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED   MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 6:23 pm

Great news Gabe

joy
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

PostSubject: Re: MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED   MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 9:44 pm

Yes thanks for the tech tip to keep me online.
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED   MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 6:13 am

MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED MoZbJ_zps38f6bded
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED   MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MY POSTING DAYS ARE NUMBERED
Page 1 of 1