the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DARPA creates a Cheetah robot

Go down 
+2
Gabriel
Reunite
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet
Registration date : 2009-01-23

DARPA creates a Cheetah robot Empty
PostSubject: DARPA creates a Cheetah robot   DARPA creates a Cheetah robot Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 2:46 pm

SNIP -

"WASHINGTON (CBSDC) — Don’t blink. A robot created by the Department of Defense can now run faster than Olympic gold medalist Usain Bolt.

The Cheetah robot – developed by the Defense Advanced Research Project Agency – broke its own land speed record of 18 mph Wednesday by going 28.3 mph in a 20-meter split.

“What DARPA is doing with its robotics programs is attempting to understand and engineer into robots certain core capabilities that living organisms have refined over millennia of evolution: efficient locomotion, manipulation of objects and adaptability to environments,” Gill Pratt, DARPA program manager, said in a press release. “Our Cheetah bot borrows ideas from nature’s design to inform stride patterns, flexing and unflexing of parts like the back, placement of limbs and stability. What we gain through Cheetah and related research efforts are technological building blocks that create possibilities for a whole range of robots suited to future Department of Defense missions."

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/09/06/defense-department-creates-robot-that-outruns-olympian-usain-bolt/
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: DARPA creates a Cheetah robot   DARPA creates a Cheetah robot Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 2:53 pm

What they won't do in order to find more ways of killing..... suprise
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: DARPA creates a Cheetah robot   DARPA creates a Cheetah robot Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 3:08 pm

We all know it's really a Department of Offence
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

PostSubject: Re: DARPA creates a Cheetah robot   DARPA creates a Cheetah robot Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 5:14 pm

Exactly ReuniteR....
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325

PostSubject: Re: DARPA creates a Cheetah robot   DARPA creates a Cheetah robot Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 8:19 pm

Kinda reminds me of the coyote and his ACME inventions. LOL

Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: DARPA creates a Cheetah robot   DARPA creates a Cheetah robot Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 9:04 pm

The day I am driving down the highway and I see a funny looking cheetah bypass me is when my eyes will pop. wtf
Back to top Go down
skywatcher
skywatcher

Number of posts : 1827
Humor : yes lots
Registration date : 2010-12-18

PostSubject: Re: DARPA creates a Cheetah robot   DARPA creates a Cheetah robot Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 6:28 am

and it doesn't get out of breath either affraid
Back to top Go down
http://chemtrailawareness.forumotion.co.uk
stal
stal

Number of posts : 1144
Registration date : 2009-02-18

PostSubject: Re: DARPA creates a Cheetah robot   DARPA creates a Cheetah robot Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 12:15 pm

good post. Its all over bar the shouting.
Back to top Go down
Reunite
Reunite

PostSubject: Re: DARPA creates a Cheetah robot   DARPA creates a Cheetah robot Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 6:38 pm

Star Wars' Imperial Probe Droid Becomes a Reality
DARPA reveals the hovering V-bat drone.

Final demonstration video of autonomous "Precision Emplacement of Payloads" project for DARPA TTO. The V-Bat VTOL UAV is now equipped with a lightweight robotic arm that is guided by an on-board stereo vision system. The arm can reach 6 ft from the aircraft and precisely emplace a 1 lb payload on a specific fixed target.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DARPA creates a Cheetah robot   DARPA creates a Cheetah robot Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DARPA creates a Cheetah robot
Page 1 of 1