the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quetzalcoatl, often referred to as the Bearded White God.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Quetzalcoatl, often referred to as the Bearded White God.  Empty
PostSubject: Quetzalcoatl, often referred to as the Bearded White God.    Quetzalcoatl, often referred to as the Bearded White God.  Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 1:18 pm

In the ancient history of Latin America, myths and legends abound of the visitation of Quetzalcoatl, often referred to as the Bearded White God. the Bearded White God of Ancient America relives and explains Cortez' stunning conquest of the vast Aztec empire in the context of the Quetzalcoatl myths and legends. This book gives you a great source for the ancient Latin American Quetzalcoatl myths and legends-from the rare remaining writings of the great Aztec and Incan empires to the writings of the early Spanish colonial priests, soldiers, and colonists who had access to those original native writings not destroyed in the conquest. the Bearded White God of Ancient America concludes with an intriguing study of the Quetzalcoatl myths in the context of LDS theology. Key Features: Addresses the following questions about the legend of Quetzalcoatl: Who was he? When did he appear? Where did he come from? Why did he come? What did he teach? Where did he go? a great source for the ancient Latin American Quetzalcoatl myths and legends. Concludes with an intriguing study of the Quetzalcoatl myths in the context of LDS theology.

http://quetzalcoatl.redconceptual.com/en

Here is a question.....was this Jesus ?

William Henry on this subject....

Book written on the subject...

Now I am only putting this info out there. Don't shoot the researcher!
Back to top Go down
Biggles
Biggles

Number of posts : 5650
Humor : Some things just aren't funny.
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Quetzalcoatl, often referred to as the Bearded White God.    Quetzalcoatl, often referred to as the Bearded White God.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:48 pm

I always love enquiring minds and searchers Mic; just means your not a sheep, you can think for yourself and I love that you share. rainbow heart

Your one of the ones I would have at my dinners and after meal conversations in the lounge room. Along with everyone here; which means I will have to have a big lounge room. lol

As long as everyone goes home at a decent hour, I get tired early now. lol.
Back to top Go down
sky otter
sky otter

Number of posts : 4389
Registration date : 2009-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Quetzalcoatl, often referred to as the Bearded White God.    Quetzalcoatl, often referred to as the Bearded White God.  Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:51 pm

ok..had to do some research on this..i was trying to find the
legend of the native americans about a white sky god who said he would return.
.and one that compared this white sky god to chtist in his travels...
but came up empty handed...will continue to look
but i did find some other stuff
thanks Mic for the reason to look

suprise

Quetzalcoatl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaen.wikipedia.org/wiki/QuetzalcoatlCached - Similar
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Quetzalcoatl was one of several important gods in the Aztec pantheon along .... possibly by St. Thomas whom legend had it had "gone to preach beyond the Ganges". ... that the Indians had long awaited his return to take part once again in God's ... who has been described as a white, bearded god who came from the sky ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quetzalcoatl

It is a matter of much debate among historians to which degree, or whether at all, these narratives about this legendary Toltec ruler Topiltzin Ce Acatl Quetzalcoatl describe actual historical events.[4] Furthermore early Spanish sources written by clerics tend to identify the god-ruler "Quetzalcoatl" of these narratives with either Hernán Cortés or St. Thomas—an identification which is also a source of diversity of opinions about the nature of "Quetzalcoatl".[5]

some interesting history of quetzalcoatl here
i had never read this tale before

searh blurp:
Quetzalcoatl – the god behind the Mayan prophesies for 2012 ...heavenawaits.wordpress.com/quetzalcoatl-the-god-behind-the-mayan...QUETZALCOATL is supposed to return again, during a conjunction of some sort with the sun. One transit was in 2004, and the next one will be 2012. There have ...

http://heavenawaits.wordpress.com/quetzalcoatl-the-god-behind-the-mayan-prophesies-for-2012/

and a bunch of you tube stuff

2012 Return of Quetzalcoatl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i410G6PY6Eo

warp
Back to top Go down
micjer
micjer

Number of posts : 5325
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Quetzalcoatl, often referred to as the Bearded White God.    Quetzalcoatl, often referred to as the Bearded White God.  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 6:14 am

Thanks Sky.

Nice links. Not sure what the exact truth is. However the being (Q) was certainly considered a christ like figure.

This appears to be a larger rabbit hole than I first thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quetzalcoatl, often referred to as the Bearded White God.    Quetzalcoatl, often referred to as the Bearded White God.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quetzalcoatl, often referred to as the Bearded White God.
Page 1 of 1