the force is withIN you !!!!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

back on track....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...
Registration date : 2009-01-23

back on track.... Empty
PostSubject: back on track....   back on track.... Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 9:51 am

I sat in the porch swing and read a book - it
had such a positive effect by the end of the day,
that i have promised myself to read a bit from
real books everyday...

Andy Lakey
Art, Angels & Miracles

at the end of the story and artwork, Andy gives us
his "Seven Lessons"

Seven Lessons

Lesson #1) Love & Compassion
I never felt a lot of love as a child, and before my experience I had a hard time feeling love for others. When I met my angels, I experienced a deep, unconditional love, and my attitude changed. Now, I look for the good in people, and I feel love and compassion for others where ever I go. My wife, Chantal, has taught me a lot about love, too, and about commitment between two people and the love we create in our family. Unconditional love is selfless, fearless, and continually expanding. It's a well that never runs dry. Most importantly, treat yourself with love. Once you love yourself and you love others, it's as if the world knows this, and the world will take care of you and give you love back. Love is the strongest force in the universe.

Lesson #2) The Power of Prayer
I didn't realize the power of prayer until New Year's Eve 1986. Since then, I've prayed everyday to God, to the angels, to the universal energy. For me, the most effective prayer is to ask for what I need and then give thanks for the help I will receive.I believe that when you pray, when you put it out there, you're creating action in the universe. I know that prayer will always be answered in one way or the other. At times, prayers are answered immediately - as when I felt I was dying - and at other times, patience is essential. If you wait, the answer will always come, sometimes when you least expect it and in the most unusual ways.

Lesson #3) Words have Wings
Prayers are special words or thoughts that we send to a higher power, but every word we say, every thought we think, goes out into the universe and creates action. When I met Chantal, she taught me a saying; "Words have Wings; don't say those things." We should not say negative things, because negative statements lead to negative results. As soon as you say, "I can't," you've already taken a giant step toward failure. At the same time, positive statements - affirmations - lead to positive results; "Words have Wings; say good things." I make affirmations everyday, and I don't even consider the possibility of failure. After my experience, I began to keep a diary in which I wrote down some predictions for my personal future, things that I wanted to happen. Some of them might have seemed outrageous to other people, but almost every one of the predictions have come true.

Lesson #4) Visualization
Just as words and thoughts have power, so do images. I have discovered this through my art, but I also create images in my mind. When you visualize an event or situation, you are actually establishing a new reality in the universe. Let's face it: no matter how positive we are ourselves, there is plenty of negative energy coming in from other people, other beings, maybe even other gallaxies. So I visualize bubbles of love and protection around myself, my family, and other special people in my life. For example, every night, when I put my two little girls to bed, I visualize them sleeping soundly and peacefully inside a bubble that will prevent any negativity from touching them. I also visualize positive energy entering the bubble and giving them pleasant dreams and restfull sleep. You can put bubbles around anyone or anything.

Lesson #5) There Are NO Coincidences
Life is a wonderous, complex journey, full of opportunity and meaning. Yet, everytime something unusual happens, sceptics will say, "It's just a coincidence," I don't believe that. Everything that happens, happens for a reason. Every so-called coincidence is actually a message from the universe, a form of guidence, an opportunity to grow as a human being and take another step along the path. It's up to us to see the meaning and act on the opportunity. It's also up to us to create opportunities - to create situations where a life-changing "coincidence" can occur. Early in my career, a wealthy art collector happened to walk into a bank and see my paintings just a few hours after I hung them. A coincidence? Of course not. He was suppose to walk in and see those paintings. But if I didn't act on my impulse to hang the paintings in the bank, he never would have seen them. Listen to your inner voice, and look for the meaning in unexplained events.

Lesson #6) Giving
I have a saying, "the more you give, the more you get, the more you have to give." The universe is abundant, but many of us are afraid to give of ourselves, our time, and our resources. I can understand that, because it's not easy to make a living or do all the things we have to do everyday. But I've discovered that giving actually creates more resources and more happiness, not only for the receiver but for the giver as well. When I first started painting, I often gave away my work - even though I wasn't earning much at the time - just to get the art out in the world. Needless to say, I've been repaid a thousand fold. Today, I have a more organized program, donating about 30% of everything I create and I get such a deep sense of satisfaction from seeing my work help others. Obviously I'm in an unusual position: not everyone can give away 30% of what they create or earn: but all of us can give more.

Lesson #7) Live in the Moment
Since my near-death experience, I look at everyday as a special gift from God. I try to find the good in everything and savor each moment. Sure, I plan for the future, but I don't live in it, and I forget the defeats of yesterday. I live in the now, as if each day is my last. I appreciate the little things, because they're all part of the cosmic plan. When I look up at the night sky, I see the stars totally differently than I saw them before my experience. They're not just pretty twinkling lights; they're a reminder of what's really out there. In my heart and spirit I see bright planets and poles of light. I see angels flying through the universe, doing the work of God. Whether we know it or not, all this is happening all the time. Everyday, every moment is a great cosmic adventure. Enjoy it.

i found this video, too, and although i find the hosts
a bit flakey, the video might be worth listening to...
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
Reunite
Reunite

Number of posts : 4993
Humor : Dry and Wet

back on track.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: back on track....   back on track.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 2:42 pm

Hey darling how's the reading going? I hope you and sis are having a fantastic time at the moment.

Miss ya :love-061:
Back to top Go down
Gabriel
Contributor
Gabriel

Number of posts : 4957
Humor : I hope so
Registration date : 2009-01-24

back on track.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: back on track....   back on track.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:08 pm

hello winehippie,

This post is a good one. And I especially like the 7 points. I too hope you guys the best in your wonderful journey. peace to you, and the power is in the moment, butterfly
Back to top Go down
WineHippie
Contributor
WineHippie

Number of posts : 4229
Humor : my sides hurt ...

back on track.... Empty
PostSubject: as the days grow longer...   back on track.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 8:50 am

good morning, reunite, gabriel et al

since i last posted, here is what sis and i have been up to:

* we both continue to read... she has a book of fairy tales,
i have completed a book on laurel burch (fantastic artist
i remember from SF fisherman's wharf days) and i am
trying to decipher "the egyptian jukebox" by nick bantock
after finishing his "the museum at purgatory"... i picked
up these books years ago and never read them, but there
is certainly a reason, as i am understanding them (or not)
now, he definitely is inspired by many of the concepts we
speak about here... and the artwork is breathtaking...
i also read two books on tasha tudor, a very old lady who
is an artist and lives in Vermont amongst her garden and
animals, very self-sufficient woman who does most things
mid 1850's style and is certainly "off the grid" in a most
charming way....

we became members of the local art guild and went to
first meeting to learn how to make "japanese braid"

we were invited to join the local post of the american legion
and as soon as we give them the $20 apiece, we will be
official... we have shared many meals with these fine folks
and we are currently each working on a crocheted lap blanket
to be given to a vet somewhere who needs it - taking each
stitch with love, we concentrate on "service to others"

we continue to barter our humble services for the roof over
our collective heads and until we get a sign, we remain
faithfully yours ~

me 'n' sis 'n' da pooches
Back to top Go down
http://doggone2009.blogspot.com
zuni
zuni

Number of posts : 1319
Humor : does a fat kid miss cake ???

back on track.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: back on track....   back on track.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 9:26 am

oh winehippy .....i´m so happy to hear you are doing well........i missed you sooo much sister..........

that book you read sounds like my dream come true.....
Quote :
a very old lady who
is an artist and lives in Vermont amongst her garden and
animals, very self-sufficient woman who does most things
mid 1850's style and is certainly "off the grid" in a most
charming way....

welcome back.........
hugv

and give sis and the poochies a hug for me........ puppybark
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

Number of posts : 2496
Humor : Of Course!

back on track.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: back on track....   back on track.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi WH,
I am so glad you are finding the time to read. I need to do the same.
I am very interested on this book you mentioned called "the egyptian jukebox"
Let me know what you get out of it.
Stay safe sister and I am glad you are back. flower
Back to top Go down
http://wheresoulsreside.com/
Sponsored content

back on track.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: back on track....   back on track.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

back on track....
Page 1 of 1